Service dog scam

Hunter007

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Dogs if not kept indoors and cleaned , trained. 

Can be dirty nasty creatures that  stick there noses in  every thing even  there own poo .

Why should you or I have to trust that someone's animal is clean  well trained and  healthy when we go in a public place they can have lice fleas ticks  who knows . There are reasons why farmers   don't keep there livestock in there house you no what I mean  . This shouldn't be a controversial topic just common sense that has been lost in the new world order . People rights first over the animals sorry if that offense anyone  but dogs are not customers . Unless you are blind you don't need a dog everyplace you go . 

I'm 100 sure that a good portion of society is more disgusting then my dog. 

• Like 5

Just now, Buckmaster7600 said:

I don’t but there are a lot of people that need their dogs to be able to live a normal life other than just blind people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see it differently there are people that feel better when they have there dog with them but they don't need the dog to function normally to get around town .

But a blind person really needs that dog to get around  normally in most cases. There is a difference. 

Or some people may have other mobility issues where the pet is trained to get  things for  them those  people need the pet to function .

But just for emotional support  not the same thing . 

I see it differently there are people that feel better when they have there dog with them but they don't need the dog to function normally to get around town .
But a blind person really needs that dog to get around  normally in most cases. There is a difference. 
Or some people may have other mobility issues where the pet is trained to get  things for  them those  people need the pet to function .
But just for emotional support  not the same thing . 

It’s a good thing you aren’t in charge of deciding what people need a service dog.

If the dog isn’t hurting anyone I don’t give a shit why they have it. If a dog is helping someone live a normal life or making their life easier due to a disability than I’m all for it. My dogs with me most all of the time but I never bring him into a public place other than the ice cream place, he just sits in the truck when I have to go in anywhere.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

It’s a good thing you aren’t in charge of deciding what people need a service dog.

If the dog isn’t hurting anyone I don’t give a shit why they have it. If a dog is helping someone live a normal life or making their life easier due to a disability than I’m all for it. My dogs with me most all of the time but I never bring him into a public place other than the ice cream place, he just sits in the truck when I have to go in anywhere.

Hahaha  I wouldn't worry about it the way things are going dogs will be driving cars pretty soon :)

Having a service dog is a great thing, if gone about properly and legally. It's my assumption Doctors or Psychologists prescribe or authorize an individual to require a service dog. Sort of like the handicapped parking, open to a lot of abuse making people actually needing permits somewhat frowned upon or questioned. IRC, in NYS isn't there some sort of license or documentation required by an individual to take a service dog into public places...?

I've seen this 1st hand where a business owner would not ask for any service dog's proof due to legalities with people w/disabilities. Women carrying the lap dog into the diner in a tote was asked by server if it was a service dog, she replied it was and business owner would not pursue it further. On the surface it was clearly a scam. Customers complained when dog was on the table eating from owner's plate. Nothing was done, many customers unhappy, owner showed he was a coward, but service dog was happily fed. Clearly a loop-hole in the law that allows people using pets as false service dogs.

Form the US Dept of Justice:

Q: How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?

A: Some, but not all, service animals wear special collars and harnesses. Some, but not all, are licensed or certified and have identification papers. If you are not certain that an animal is a service animal, you may ask the person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. However, an individual who is going to a restaurant or theater is not likely to be carrying documentation of his or her medical condition or disability. Therefore, such documentation generally may not be required as a condition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. Although a number of states have programs to certify service animals, you may not insist on proof of state certification before permitting the service animal to accompany the person with a disability.

Ok here is a question if its illegal for a owner to ask about if its a  service dog what if someone just calls  the cops and let them ask ?  Is that illegal also? 

I honestly can’t handle your ignorance so this is my last post in this thread.

What if every-time you parked on public land to hunt someone called the cops to make sure you had a hunting license?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Ok here is a question if its illegal for a owner to ask about if its a  service dog what if someone just calls  the cops and let them ask ?  Is that illegal also? 

For someone who never leaves the house ,you sure have problems with the way the public conducts itself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Storm914 said:

call the cops to ask someone if their dog is a legitimate service dog??....lol.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I honestly can’t handle your ignorance so this is my last post in this thread.

What if every-time you parked on public land to hunt someone called the cops to make sure you had a hunting license?

just because someone likes  to be around there  dog all the time  don't mean other people have to be around him in a restaurant or store  especially if he is barking aggressively . A animal owner can easily be sued if someone gets bit or has health issues just as easily as the  other way around . The guy I was taking about his dog clearly was out of control. 

Don't make it personal you are acting like I'm talking about your dog and I'm not didn't even know you had one

Dog that thing was part wolf that guy had .

Edited by Storm914

It Is a disgrace....  Dogs do not belong in stores on planes, period unless someone is really really really disabled.  Just got back from miami....  4 friggin dogs on plane. They were not disabled they were snowflakes.......  Few years back there was a doberman barking at me at home depot.  It is a joke........

17 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Dog is not hurting anyone? My wife is severely allergic to dogs...  Ruined the first day of her trip cause there were 4 dogs on plane. It is a disgrace...  Animals do not belong in confined areas with humans.......  If it was a legitimate service dog my wife is so nice she would suck it up but it is a disgrace that some snowflake weirdo cant handle turbulence so gets to bring a giant shepard on board.......  Sorry it is not right......  And now even the best hotels have to accommodate for these animals...  

59 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

If the dog is barking about to bite people just out of control is the scenario I am talking about  .

And someone like the owner  just calls  the cops  the cops can't ask  for papers ?  Is that illegal also? 

I have never seen a barking about to bite people just out of control dog in a public place...whether it is a service dog or not....

I just got back from the bank and was petting a beautiful Doberman while I was in the bank. I didn't care whether it was the ladys service animal, her protection or just her BFF. 

Where are these out of control dogs in public places?

19 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I have never seen a barking about to bite people just out of control dog in a public place...whether it is a service dog or not....

I just got back from the bank and was petting a beautiful Doberman while I was in the bank. I didn't care whether it was the ladys service animal, her protection or just her BFF. 

Where are these out of control dogs in public places?

Eastchester NY  Never saw it my self until that day usually the dogs that people bring in stores  that I noticed are very mellow don't bark and are low energy probably because they  are legitimate service dogs not like this guy's dog /wolf thing he had .

Edited by Storm914

4 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

I bet that guys dog was trained to alarm when a moron gets in its proximity. 

The guy was  really tiny nerdy looking that had it and the dog was like 200 pounds huge maybe it was a guard dog I'm thinking definitely not a service dog.

Edited by Storm914

4 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

The guy was  really tiny nerdy looking that had it and the dog was like 200 pounds huge maybe it was a guard dog I'm thinking definitely not a service dog.

maybe the dog just looked big because it was next to a really tiny person??

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

You never know where people are at in life. Maybe that really tiny nerdy looking guy has gotten the shit beaten out of him by a few guys for no other reason than he was a really tiny nerdy looking guy. I mean if that happened to the guy I would be willing to bet he feels a lot better having his 200lb, I got your back mans best friend with him. 

Obviously I don't know that, that happened, but the point is, neither do you.  

1 minute ago, ApexerER said:

You never know where people are at in life. Maybe that really tiny nerdy looking guy has gotten the shit beaten out of him by a few guys for no other reason than he was a really tiny nerdy looking guy. I mean if that happened to the guy I would be willing to bet he feels a lot better having his 200lb, I got your back mans best friend with him. 

Obviously I don't know that, that happened, but the point is, neither do you.  

Could be as soon as the guy  left the other people around him  started  talking about him saying they didn't think it was a service dog either that's all I know. But that makes sense  about him feeling safe  around that dog , guy was like 110 5 foot nothing dog look like a horse next to him he was about the size of a horse jockey more less they usally are very small people .

Was thinking even though he  had a leash that dog could easily just knock him off his feet anytime it wanted to and run off .