Service dog scam

Hunter007

Dog is not hurting anyone? My wife is severely allergic to dogs...  Ruined the first day of her trip cause there were 4 dogs on plane. It is a disgrace...  Animals do not belong in confined areas with humans.......  If it was a legitimate service dog my wife is so nice she would suck it up but it is a disgrace that some snowflake weirdo cant handle turbulence so gets to bring a giant shepard on board.......  Sorry it is not right......  And now even the best hotels have to accommodate for these animals...  

Did you miss the “IF”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be so hard on yourself you will grow with age  never really paid much attention to the dogs in stores until I saw that one come close to biting the crap out of someone .  And it started up  3 times at different people before the guy decided to leave he most of known the dog was like that but just didn't give a crap the me generation. 

Edited by Storm914

3 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

Dog is not hurting anyone? My wife is severely allergic to dogs...  Ruined the first day of her trip cause there were 4 dogs on plane. It is a disgrace...  Animals do not belong in confined areas with humans.......  If it was a legitimate service dog my wife is so nice she would suck it up but it is a disgrace that some snowflake weirdo cant handle turbulence so gets to bring a giant shepard on board.......  Sorry it is not right......  And now even the best hotels have to accommodate for these animals...  

We live in the me generation now a lot people could care less as long as there getting there way that's all that counts if it makes them feeeeeeeeel good . Does not matter if it scares or effects other peoples  health .

If you say anything Then you are the problem not them.  You basically have to avoid them  now  that is what it comes down to  it has gotten to the point you can't even talk about it or you see what reactions you get .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

We live in the me generation now a lot people could care less as long as there getting there way that's all that counts if it makes them feeeeeeeeel good . Does not matter if it scares or effects other peoples  health .

If you say anything Then you are the problem not them.  You basically have to avoid them  now  that is what it comes down to  it has gotten to the point you can't even talk about it or you see what reactions you get .

Yup totally agree....  Also cant stand the " My dog died today, feels like I lost a family member"  ... It is a dog. I have had plenty of dogs. It hurts when they die, but go have your brothers or cousins die in tragic accidents when they are children and tell me if there is a difference......

Edited by cbyzerman
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

But try and sneak a tree nut onto that plane and you are going to prison for the rest of your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

My wife calms me down and eases my nerves , can she fly free too ? Generally smells better then a dog, is mostly house broken  , and seldom licks strangers .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

.....Dogs do not belong in stores on planes, period unless someone is really really really disabled.....

Here in lies one of the loop-holes in service dog regulations along with the "don't ask" grey area. It's cheaper to have a small dog sit on your lap aboard a plane, pretend it's your service dog than to pay more $$ to actually have it crated & put into cargo area.

Ruins it for people that actually require a service dog!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

Welcome to the laws of the United States of America my friend.  Kudos to you having the uncanny ability to look at a dog and make a medical assessment of the owner. Hopefully your medical prowess would have come in handy if the person had an epileptic seizure,  hypoglycemia, or a host of other legitimate medical conditions.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Storm914 said:

We live in the me generation now a lot people could care less as long as there getting there way that's all that counts if it makes them feeeeeeeeel good . Does not matter if it scares or effects other peoples  health

Well Put Storm!!! I mean... whats wrong with people?? Doesn't anyone care?  ME ME ME. I don't want your service dog around,  even though it could kill you....

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Well Put Storm!!! I mean... whats wrong with people?? Doesn't anyone care?  ME ME ME. I don't want your service dog around,  even though it could kill you....

Don't really care  ignore them and if i think the dog looks dangerous or the owner I  stay away from it .

Other people went up to this guys dog and it went nuts lol Barking aggressively probably a guard dog . Then they all started complaining about the guy when he left and these were your liberal types .

Personally don't care along as the dog and  owner  keeps his distance. Or I can move to avoid  them at least  not a big deal .

But I think it's a little silly people are getting so angry over  a discussion about service  dogs being regulated a little better then they have been . If someone needs it they need it . If they don't,  don't scam  and they should make it harder for people to scam it  . My only point.  Probably not PC so politicians let it slide my guess . 

5 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Welcome to the laws of the United States of America my friend.  Kudos to you having the uncanny ability to look at a dog and make a medical assessment of the owner. Hopefully your medical prowess would have come in handy if the person had an epileptic seizure,  hypoglycemia, or a host of other legitimate medical conditions.

Cause I know for a fact some  these people do not have illnesses as you mentioned they are literally getting them approved cause they are lying just so they could have there dogs with them. I know some of these people....  they think it is funny that they are getting away with it....... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cbyzerman said:

Cause I know for a fact some  these people do not have illnesses as you mentioned they are literally getting them approved cause they are lying just so they could have there dogs with them. I know some of these people....  they think it is funny that they are getting away with it....... 

I know a couple of people who are perfectly heathy with service dogs.  They volunteer at hospitals.  They bring in their dogs to visit the patients and studies shows that this promotes healing.  There are selfish benefits to the deal but it wasn't a purely selfish reason.  One of them has never ever flown with his dog so he has never reaped the benefits.  The problems is that the clarification of those type of service dogs are the same as the ones those with owners that have actual disabilities.  Still, the dogs has to go through a test and get licensed.  My guess is the person the OP described faked his.  A true licensed service dog would not act the way the OP described.

19 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I know a couple of people who are perfectly heathy with service dogs.  They volunteer at hospitals.  They bring in their dogs to visit the patients and studies shows that this promotes healing.  There are selfish benefits to the deal but it wasn't a purely selfish reason.  One of them has never ever flown with his dog so he has never reaped the benefits.  The problems is that the clarification of those type of service dogs are the same as the ones those with owners that have actual disabilities.  Still, the dogs has to go through a test and get licensed.  My guess is the person the OP described faked his.  A true licensed service dog would not act the way the OP described.

Elmo, what you're describing sounds more like a 'therapy dog'.  Those are becoming very popular in hospitals as you mentioned.  The hospital that I work in has a program for the past few years.  Those dogs do require specific training and certification.  Service dogs are different, but must be accommodated in most public places, including hospitals- we actually have a written policy related to service dogs.  Service dogs must be allowed as long as they remain 'in control' of the owner or a designee.  We do not allow 'support animals'.