Legal Weed and Gun Owners

Rattler

there is soooo much wrong with this video. he provides zero facts to back up the fear mongering. This has happened in NONE of the other states including CALIFORNIA, there is no approval for weed in the budget and furthermore nothing about a database. You know what there is a database for? Medical weed. You know who is on that list and owns a gun and has lost their guns? Nobody.

On top of that, providing proof of age is the same thing you do with cigs and beer. Finally, he makes a blatant fear statement that you will lose your guns because it's a controlled substance. How? Why? What proof? tobacco and alcohol are controlled and here I am with my guns.

just stop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

there is soooo much wrong with this video. he provides zero facts to back up the fear mongering. This has happened in NONE of the other states including CALIFORNIA, there is no approval for weed in the budget and furthermore nothing about a database. You know what there is a database for? Medical weed. You know who is on that list and owns a gun and has lost their guns? Nobody.

On top of that, providing proof of age is the same thing you do with cigs and beer. Finally, he makes a blatant fear statement that you will lose your guns because it's a controlled substance. How? Why? What proof? tobacco and alcohol are controlled and here I am with my guns.

just stop.

Do you know anybody that is using medial marijuana currently and was given a pistol permit?

none of these conditions would be cause for you to lose your right to exercise your second amendment rights

You may be eligible for medical marijuana if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the following severe debilitating or life threatening conditions: cancer, HIV infection or AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury with spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, Huntington's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic pain (as defined by 10 NYCRR §1004.2(a)(8)(xi)), pain that degrades health and functional capability as an alternative to opioid use or substance use disorder. The severe debilitating or life-threatening condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms, PTSD or opioid use disorder.

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

just stop.

The man is in the state legislature.  Choose to not listen to him at your own peril.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

none of these conditions would be cause for you to lose your right to exercise your second amendment rights

You may be eligible for medical marijuana if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the following severe debilitating or life threatening conditions: cancer, HIV infection or AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury with spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, Huntington's disease, post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic pain (as defined by 10 NYCRR §1004.2(a)(8)(xi)), pain that degrades health and functional capability as an alternative to opioid use or substance use disorder. The severe debilitating or life-threatening condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms, PTSD or opioid use disorder.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

Read 11 e.

EDIT: Let me add---read the Certification you sign. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 3

This is already happening. A few months ago, local radio station WBEN in Buffalo did a show on this. A few people phoned in telling there stories of how their guns, ALL guns, were confiscated by NYS because they were legally prescribed medical marijuana.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

This is already happening. A few months ago, local radio station WBEN in Buffalo did a show on this. A few people phoned in telling there stories of how their guns, ALL guns, were confiscated by NYS because they were legally prescribed medical marijuana.  

oh then it must be true 

I haven't smoked pot in 40 years, but if the people in power want your guns they'll find a way to come and get them. If you don't have a few million dollars lying around with which to defend yourself your guns will be confiscated. Period, and end of story. That's the way it works.

The best defense against this sort of tyranny is to have friends inside the various local police agencies who will give you a heads-up if required. I have one such friend just up the hill from me. I do the maintenance on his lawn tractor every Spring while I drink his beer, and he and his husband (yep, he's gay) invite me to their awesome summer clambakes where cops outnumber civilians at least 2 to 1 and everyone is carrying. Networking and making valuable contacts.

I have friends in the Sheriff's departments all around me, in the local police department, and in the State Police.  Chances are good that I'll know about any confiscation attempt before the people who are sent to my house even hear about it.

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

oh then it must be true 

I have no idea if any of this has taken place yet but I certainly can see this married up with and used as justification for a new Red Flag complaint. PTSD patient.... Gets documented and prescribed, red flag complaint made and the diagnosis and script are used in the basis to remove firearms. 

43 minutes ago, Belo said:

oh then it must be true 

11 e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
  • Like 1

My now-deceased neighbor survived an attempt at a gun-grab simply because his daughter was managing his bank accounts. He just didn't want to be bothered with the hassle when the garden needed attention so he handed his finances off to his daughter.

84 year old Korean war vet being brow-beaten by bureaucrats. It was shameful. The guy lived through the Chosin Reservoir campaign for cryin' out loud. I don't imagine there are more than three or four people on the planet who can make that claim today, and most would likely be Korean.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

better? no. but alcohol is NOT a banned substance in the Federal Statues. There in lies the difference. Doctors are very uneducated in what they can be setting their patients up for with issuing that script. 

I was refering if pot were legalized , over indulgence of ether and any firearms do not go together.