Legal Weed and Gun Owners

Rattler

Lol , I was trying to,come up with more .

and for the record I haven’t smoked in 20 years or so , although if It goes legal I may consider trying the new stuff , you know for pain management.

32 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I’m going to smoke some weed tonight, while I grill a young buck, shot by my crossbow , on my Weber propane grill and contemplate wether or not man ever walked on the moon .

Haven't you inhaled enough smoke and killed enough small bucks in your life?  lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

sounds plausible and I don't expect it's impossible. First I've heard someone lose their permit though. The skeptic in me expects there's more to the story, but your point is fair. I'm assuming also he didn't lose his long guns.

No he did not as far as I know. Albany county judges dont even want to issue a premises permit, so when they get the chance to revoke a permit they jump all over it. I am so glad I was able to move my permit to Schenectady. 

Its not uncommon  for folks to lose their permit privileges if convicted of DWI.  I imagine the same could be true for pot.  The person must then file an application to expunge their record before they will requalify for a permit. 
Most law enforcement have bigger things to worry about but if you have one that wants to break chops or sees it as an add on to abother charge, I could see a gun grab (especially if as Bob said, you lie on the background check which in and of itself is a basis for denial regardless of the underlying statement you lied about).  Right or wrong, the person would then have to hire one of those pesky overpaid lawyers to help them out.
I have always believed that all these laws are sponsored by a secret legal action committee that just supports any additional legislation regardless of conservative or liberal support as they know it will mean more legal fees. Much the same way the accounting profession supports any new tax codes coming out. Present company excluded of course.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eric J said:

NYS is coming for your Guns like it or not.... most of you people are the last opposition to NY being a Liberal Bastion.... Get rid of Guns... most of you will Move.

You're not kidding.  Cuomo could honestly do whatever the hell he wants right now in this state.  Someone could propose an outright complete gun ban in this state and it would easily pass the state house and senate and Cuomo would sign it.  None of them would worry that it's a violation of the 2nd amendment.  They'd let it play out in court and that could take years to resolve.  What has anyone done to stop states like NY from openly harboring illegal aliens, which is also a violation of federal law?  Little to nothing.  Cuomo will be pushing the limits to what he can get away with to as far as he can take them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

except one of his campaign promises to legalize weed apparently haha

That's because even some democrats realize that legalizing weed could be detrimental to society so they aren't going along with it.  That is NOT the case with guns.  Democrats who are the majority would sign on the dotted line in a blink of an eye to ban them.

Edited by steve863
  • Like 1