Red Fox... Black??

LET EM GROW

Anyone ever seen a "Black" Red Fox? On my travels to work this morning(430am) I laid eyes on what i swore was a red fox, looked and acted just as they normally do around road sides... but it was all Black!? Seen and taken many grey and red fox through the years but never seen one like this.. Ran off like a red fox does too.. Thought it was neat..

Canadice/Richmond Area

• Like 1

Your eyes did not deceive you, yes there are Red Fox that can be colored black, they are a color mutation called Silver Fox, their color is mostly black with a small amount of white on the tips of their fur. I actually had one for a pet many years ago, I kept her around to train my Coon dogs not to be chasing fox when I was hunting them.

Al

2019-04-03_061921.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, airedale said:

Your eyes did not deceive you, yes there are Red Fox that can be colored black, they are a color mutation called Silver Fox, their color is mostly black with a small amount of white on the tips of their fur. I actually had one for a pet many years ago, I kept her around to train my Coon dogs not be chasing fox when I was hunting them.

Al

2019-04-03_061921.png

That is awesome sir! way cool, Id love to have a fox pup or coyote pup. This is just too cool. 

I have seen one many years ago on our hunting property. All black except for a white tip on it's tail. Very much like the one airdale posted. Which is very cool.

The only other black, redd foxx I recall was on Sanford And Son, again, many years ago! He was pretty cool too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Your eyes did not deceive you, yes there are Red Fox that can be colored black, they are a color mutation called Silver Fox, their color is mostly black with a small amount of white on the tips of their fur. I actually had one for a pet many years ago, I kept her around to train my Coon dogs not to be chasing fox when I was hunting them.
Al
2019-04-03_061921.png.1a91ad7e12376ebaa57966d89e59a3b0.png
That's awesome! What happened to it?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1