WTB - fixed 4x leupold scope

Just now, DanD said:

I like the 3x9 BDC on my savage 220. Not a fan?

I just want small, simple and clear on this gun.  My current bushnell bdc is too busy for me for the type of shots I typically have with the 220.  I may buy the vx-freedom 2-7x33 duplex as it seems leupold stopped making the FX2 4x33.  Price is better on the freedom but I guess the freedom still has the vx2 glass.

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I just want small, simple and clear on this gun.  My current bushnell bdc is too busy for me for the type of shots I typically have with the 220.  I may buy the vx-freedom 2-7x33 duplex as it seems leupold stopped making the FX2 4x33.  Price is better on the freedom but I guess the freedom still has the vx2 glass.

Gotcha. To be honest, I can only really think of a handful of times where I had the time and forethought to look at the BDC circles in mine to make it worth it.

I'd like to find a straight 4x for my 45-70; however, with kid #2 due in July my entire hunting/gun budget is on freeze. :( 

• Like 1

I have several 2x Leopolds on shotguns and handguns but they're all mounted and ready to go. I wouldn't part with any of them. The 4x is getting to be kind of a rare bird from what I understand. Maybe that's the attraction, but it's never seemed like a good choice to me. A good old 2x is clear as can be, and if you can't find the target in the 2x you're not likely going to find it in the 4x. Just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

If anyone had one lying around, let me know.  Prefer matte black.  Want to move from a BDC reticle on a 3x9 to this for my savage 220.  I have one on my 30-30 and love it.  Small clear and simple.

I love you, man !!!...I have 2  but would not part with either of them....Bought both of them at gunshows for $125 each...

WAIT A MiNUTE  !!   Since you are one of my very best buddies, I would feel cheap selling you one, but  if you have something to trade, I might consider it...Gloss black rather than matte, however...Keep in mind that this scope has killed numerous caribou, two moose, two mule deer, a pronghorn  and a bunch of whitetails, plus a coyote or two and some woodchucks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I love you, man !!!...I have 2  but would not part with either of them....Bought both of them at gunshows for $125 each...

WAIT A MiNUTE  !!   Since you are one of my very best buddies, I would feel cheap selling you one, but  if you have something to trade, I might consider it...Gloss black rather than matte, however...Keep in mind that this scope has killed numerous caribou, two moose, two mule deer, a pronghorn  and a bunch of whitetails, plus a coyote or two and some woodchucks

Lol.   I will be mounting it on the shotgun you will use to kill a deer or 2 next season so you don’t have to use that ugly encore!   I might have a thing or 2 you would want in exchange for one of your legendary historic scopes!

• Like 1

Who buys a 200yrd shotgun and puts a 50 yrd scope on it..... Haven't I taught you anything ???

Mount the thermal on that rig and send it

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I agree #220SENDIT!
You ain't messen around with a
brush buster!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Who buys a 200yrd shotgun and puts a 50 yrd scope on it..... Haven't I taught you anything ???

Mount the thermal on that rig and send it

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Ya know you don’t need more than 4x to shoot 200.   Ask pygmy.  

15 hours ago, moog5050 said:

If anyone had one lying around, let me know.  Prefer matte black.  Want to move from a BDC reticle on a 3x9 to this for my savage 220.  I have one on my 30-30 and love it.  Small clear and simple.

check out the bushnell banner 4X with Circle x reticle on my 30/30.  perfect scope for that gun.  Quick sighting for sure and it doesnt weigh the gun down that is meant to be light.  

7 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Moog, I have the perfect scope for you, Bushnell Banner 1.5-4x with a circle-X reticle. Even have the Butler Creek flip caps on it. Ill give it to you cheap too.

Thanks for the offer John.  Had I known sooner I would have jumped on it.  Ended up with a leupold 2-7 which was too short for my dnz mount.   So being the genius I am, I pulled my fixed 4x leupold off the 30-30 and used that on the savage.  And the 2-7 went on the 30-30.  All is good.  And thanks all for the suggestions.    

Lock it up.  

• Like 2