Tailgating

philoshop

I've raced cars, motorcycles, karts and even tractors during my lifetime. But I have no idea why someone would want to be less than 10 feet from my rear bumper on a rural road when I'm going 60 mph. If someone can explain that mentality to me I'd really appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, philoshop said:

I've raced cars, motorcycles, karts and even tractors during my lifetime. But I have no idea why someone would want to be less than 10 feet from my rear bumper on a rural road when I'm going 60 mph. If someone can explain that mentality to me I'd really appreciate it.

Called drafting.   Saves on gas.   Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Just now, moog5050 said:

Called drafting.   Saves on gas.   Lol

Beat me to it, probably NASSCAR fans.  I gave up on that sport when they took out the cigarettes and let in the foreign cars.  

• Like 1

Like I said, I've spent most of my life racing some sort of vehicle or other. I understand drafting and bumping. You don't do that on a public highway. It's stupid and it's dangerous. You wait until winter and hitch a ride from the bumper so you can slide down the icy road on your shoes. Duh!! Is this not taught in schools any more? :sorry:

This jackwang behind me today took the cake, though. Tried to pass on the left and couldn't because of traffic. Tried to pass on the right and found out things can get squirrely over there with the gravel and, well, the dead squirrels and possums. Two minutes later I turned down the road toward my house. His/her horn honked and I returned the finger gesture. Lack of basic civility. I'm not on the public roads to race with people. I'm also not driving 30mph in a 55 zone.

• Like 1

Nothing aggravates me more than a tailgater.  I drive the speedlimits give, or take 5-10mph, if its a time of day that I am on the slower side due to animals running, then I literally will find a spot to pullover to let them go, and bang their vehicle up instead of me.  The days I am at the speed limit, or faster, it drives me insane to get tailgated. I sometimes stop in the road like im stopping for a stop sign, and wave them to go the f*** around since its their world, and I am just living in it.  I really hate when I do that though because people are nutjobs, but you can only take so much.  

I have always wished I had a big, foam rubber fist with the middle finger extended on a spring in the back of my truck...

When I have a tailgater, I could push a button and the middle finger would bounce back  and go BOING>>>>BOING>>>>BOING

in front of their windshield.....Hehehe....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phade said:

If we're trying to figure out driver mentality, can someone explain to me doing 45 in a 55 and then head into a village and do 45 in a 30? Drives me nuts.

MY favorite , is going under the speed limit ,then blowing through the red light .

With talegaters ,I sidegate them, when they finally pass, I drift into their lane a few feet.....

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, phade said:

If we're trying to figure out driver mentality, can someone explain to me doing 45 in a 55 and then head into a village and do 45 in a 30? Drives me nuts.

Haha exactly, it's like they know only one speed and it's bad all around

Deal with it every morning going down scottsville rd.i stay around 55 in the 55mph zone.have seen WAY too many deer crossing at 530am.

waiting for one of these jerkbags that blind me with there high's on behind me then pass me,hit a deer while there doing 70 blowing by me.leave earlier if ur in that much of a hurry!best part is ill approach the light at scottsville rd and jefferson and their sitting at the light.real f'in smart:aggressive:

all i can say is .........  self driving cars are coming!  Been a defensive driving instructor for about 20 years.  Ive had people ask me if they have to stop for a flashing red light.  I tell them only if they can get thru the light when its not on!  lol 

Subaru has a car out now that has a sensor that tells you when you take your eyes off the road for too long. 

As we all know people on the road everyday are just terrible drivers!  You have one good day and pass your road test and never get tested again or get updates on new laws etc.....I know some road test instructors and they have told me some crazy stories.   Wonder why they are always in a bad mood..... ride around with a bunch of 17 year olds that dont have a license yet all day.  One guy told me how a kid panicked on a RR crossing when the lights came on and stopped on the tracks.  He had his hand on the door handle ready to bail and finally as hes yelling at the kid to go he floors it and squeals off the tracks.  Or when a girl was driving and a parked car door opened and she went across the yellow line and hit a crane in a construction site.  The crane had a steel beam on it and it started swinging through the site and people were running everywhere..... yeah.  But unless the lights on the tracks didnt happen to come on right then, or that door open right, then they prob would have passed their test and been on the road. 

• Like 3