Youth compound recommendations

I got my 6 yr old in a winter archery class this year. After determining he was right handed and not left, and got a few classes under his belt I went and bought him a Bear Cruzer Lite
0a4dc08d08c55d437a0b7a2bd0fb3c47.jpg

My bow shop owner suggested this bow and so far seems to be a nice one. Draw weight is 5-45 pounds so it can grow with your kid for many years. They have a ton of colors and camo risers to choose from as well. I paid a little over $400 all setup with a half dozen arrows and release. Not a bad price I didn’t think for a bow that can grow with my boy for awhile.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

No kidding! Small world! I wasn’t there today as I’m stuck at work but my wife took the boys there today. We were in the noon class, what about you?

130 class.  I guess he's thinking of doing a summer one.  You a member here?  Tomorrow is the yearly meeting.

130 class.  I guess he's thinking of doing a summer one.  You a member here?  Tomorrow is the yearly meeting.

Nice! I did hear about the summer class a little while ago. If he does it I’ll have my boy there. I’m not a member yet, but will be joining soon. I’m thinking of getting into some league shooting again, which would be my reason for joining up down there. That and everyone down there seems like great people and really treated my boys great during the classes.

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Nice! I did hear about the summer class a little while ago. If he does it I’ll have my boy there. I’m not a member yet, but will be joining soon. I’m thinking of getting into some league shooting again, which would be my reason for joining up down there. That and everyone down there seems like great people and really treated my boys great during the classes.

Yeah I don't think you'll find a better learner class for little ones any time soon.  For all they did for them , plus a pizza party at the end, they certainly aren't making money on it.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think you'll find a better learner class for little ones any time soon.  For all they did for them , plus a pizza party at the end, they certainly aren't making money on it.

I agree!! I’ll be recommending them for anyone with kids just starting out wanting to try it before plunking down money on a bow setup.

I'm not 100% sold on my daughter sticking with the archery thing, not ready to plunk down 400 on a bow.  Leaning more towards something on the lower end.  Mostly because I'm feeling cheap after finding out how much to fix a dent/door handle on my truck (850).  

Annual membership meeting at 1pm today ADK.

• 4 weeks later...

I was there also. My 2 kids loved the class and learning. They could not wait for that Saturday to come to shoot outside. I am going to get them both the genesis mini bow to start out with and learn basics then will put a sight and peep on it. Wow it is a small world.

• Like 1