Water Rat

Unusual deer mount

Unique idea but I don't like the Miller can and box......looks trashy.

At the very least I'd swap out the Miller box with a Heineken box.

full-22754-5651-d964f3ab_8d75_49bb_a356_0e513a5898bb.jpg.3772c1a82b53207847218d43206990d2.jpg

• Like 10

My wife doesn't love the mounts.  Pretty sure she would be very resistant to an old truck bed on the wall.   But it is unusual.

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

My wife doesn't love the mounts.  Pretty sure she would be very resistant to an old truck bed on the wall.   But it is unusual.

Maybe if it were carpeted ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

That's a great redneck mount! I think it would be great in the man cave! Only it should have a 12 pack of PBR's 

• Like 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

I saw this on Facebook and tried to pitch the idea to the Mrs who was in the process of finishing dishes last night. She threw a fork at me with a glazed, thousand-yard stare. Not sure if she hated the idea or if the pregnancy hormones were getting the best of her. I'll try again tonight. :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DanD said:

I saw this on Facebook and tried to pitch the idea to the Mrs who was in the process of finishing dishes last night. She threw a fork at me with a glazed, thousand-yard stare. Not sure if she hated the idea or if the pregnancy hormones were getting the best of her. I'll try again tonight. :) 

Talking about the deer mount right?  Not the other kind?

• Haha 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

23 minutes ago, DanD said:

Maybe pitch the idea to her while YOU'RE doing the dishes and the pregnant Mrs. Is relaxing.

• Like 4

I am assuming the fellow who went through this expense wanted to remember that day taking that nice buck right down to the finest detail, pretty neat if you have the place to put it.

Al

• Like 1

Serious Dogs For Serious Work

That’s actually a pretty cool idea. If one had the $ and room why not. Only thing I would change is ditch  the beer and make a spot  for the weapon I used. 

I guess I am the odd man out on this one. I don't care for it. 

To me it's not truly honoring your harvest.  

• Like 6

Did he hit it with the truck?  :D 

Shooting an inline is like kissing your sister.

Unique for a reason maybe?

To each their own I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Just asking...but is that the original truck bed? Did he cut it off the original truck? I mean, the guy is into detail with the Miller beer. Or did he make a collage of a junk truck bed, just a beer box, etc.? And were those THE boots he wore? But sure is different. 

• Like 1

20190308_145724.thumb.jpg.355c8381afddd60ceee2ee1a78deb444.jpg

Did anyone see this at wny outdoor show? I thought it was different.  Not something I would do, but kinda cool to see something different than the norm.

20190308_145724.jpg

Edited by kpkot

I've seen very few mounts that I've ever really cared for . I'm a big fan of euro mounts,that's probably why. 

1c329873e8259bde1c328dd3d15a313a.jpg

Edited by Jeremy K

55 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I've seen very few mounts that I've ever really cared for . I'm a big fan of euro mounts,that's probably why. 

1c329873e8259bde1c328dd3d15a313a.jpg

Nice floor :good:

I don't like it but really, if the fellow that commissioned it likes it, it's a winner.

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Unique idea but I don't like the Miller can and box......looks trashy.
At the very least I'd swap out the Miller box with a Heineken box.
full-22754-5651-d964f3ab_8d75_49bb_a356_0e513a5898bb.jpg.3772c1a82b53207847218d43206990d2.jpg

How dare you look to downgrade from the champagne of beers to a green bottled skunk piss? For shame Ratty Water, for shame!

• Like 1

I for one, do not even like photos of deer in the bed of a truck.  I like photos in the natural environment where the deer was taken.  I can only imagine how much was spent to do this mount.  IMHO, it does a disservice to a very nice buck.

20190308_145724.thumb.jpg.355c8381afddd60ceee2ee1a78deb444.jpg
Did anyone see this at wny outdoor show? I thought it was different.  Not something I would do, but kinda cool to see something different than the norm.
20190308_145724.thumb.jpg.af2e839ccb0736848736a9653254842c.jpg

Yuck

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

I love it, guess I’m in the minority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg