Unusual deer mount

Water Rat

I don't care for it, mostly because it don't look natural.  A tongue hanging out (like this "real" fresh kill) would improve it.   To me, it looks like a regular mount fell off the wall and landed there.  Good beer choice though.  That is what I usually go with at joints that do not have Genny.    

deertongueshotchallenge.jpg.7a7abb22a095cee988ca2eafde0576ca.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, cbyzerman said:

Is it me but i do not like euro mounts cause antlers look much bigger on regular mount? Anyone else feel this way.......

i got a euro done a few years ago and really like how it came out. My dad isn't a big fan because it reminds him of a roadkill deer you'd find in arizona haha. I think they're a good homage to a nice buck that just wasn't quite mount worthy, and they're a heck of a lot cheaper. Mine was mounted to a piece of weathered barn wood which i think really touched it off nicely.

i got a euro done a few years ago and really like how it came out. My dad isn't a big fan because it reminds him of a roadkill deer you'd find in arizona haha. I think they're a good homage to a nice buck that just wasn't quite mount worthy, and they're a heck of a lot cheaper. Mine was mounted to a piece of weathered barn wood which i think really touched it off nicely.

Agree. Sometimes when talking with my buddies we’ll say man I saw a nice buck today, couldn’t get a shot. Not a giant but a euro buck for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro