Fishing tomorrow

Chef

Hopefully Gunna get out for trout for the first time of the season. I working near camp Wednesday so my plan is to hurry and get up by 4 tomorrow. I figure I can fish 4 to dark. Either hit the pool right by my camp or ride down closer to the main stem of the deleware. The pool by my camp is all stockies but still fun. I drove over the bride last week and could tell they stocked the pool was full of fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Hopefully Gunna get out for trout for the first time of the season. I working near camp Wednesday so my plan is to hurry and get up by 4 tomorrow. I figure I can fish 4 to dark. Either hit the pool right by my camp or ride down closer to the main stem of the deleware. The pool by my camp is all stockies but still fun. I drove over the bride last week and could tell they stocked the pool was full of fish

Why would you drive over your bride? lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

If you drove over your bride  I hope the insurance was paid .... new drift boat in the future...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Are you near the East Branch or West Branch Delaware River? My camp is on the East Branch. We might be neighbors.

Are you near the East Branch or West Branch Delaware River? My camp is on the East Branch. We might be neighbors.

Neither I’m actually by the main stem, where callicoon creek flows in. About a 30 min ode to where the east branch meets the beaverkill

I plan to fish tomorrow morning myself...Although stream conditions are not optimum for bait fishing ( a bit low and clear)  I intend to fish a few of my "big fish"  holes on obscure tributaries that are not stocked...The fish there are either wild or holdovers that ascended from the  heavily stocked main river... I don't intend to keep any fish, but one of the down sides of bait fishing is that sometimes fish are deeply hooked  and  must be kept rather than fed to the coons and otters... The bright side is that those natural fed trout are pretty good eating...The flesh is as red as salmon......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Neither I’m actually by the main stem, where callicoon creek flows in. About a 30 min ode to where the east branch meets the beaverkill

That's exactly where my camp is, village of East Branch. Used to spend a lot of time over your way at the Long Eddy Motel and Arnie's Scrounge Lounge, back in the woods, near Hankins.

Good luck with the fishing. Some nice native brookies in some of those local creeks. PM me if you need some specifics.

That's exactly where my camp is, village of East Branch. Used to spend a lot of time over your way at the Long Eddy Motel and Arnie's Scrounge Lounge, back in the woods, near Hankins.

Good luck with the fishing. Some nice native brookies in some of those local creeks. PM me if you need some specifics.

Yea there really are some nice Brookies, my biggest to date was. A 13inch Brookie caught 50 yards out my back door. If you ever wanna fish that pool right at the east branch exit let me know

• Like 2

So I left work around 2 to head up to camp. It started to pour on my way up. Stopped just as I pulled in. The creek was supper high and looked like coffee. Threw some streamers for a bit. One bite no fish landed. I’m sure freshly stocked fish hate high water.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:02 PM, Pygmy said:

I plan to fish tomorrow morning myself...Although stream conditions are not optimum for bait fishing ( a bit low and clear)  I intend to fish a few of my "big fish"  holes on obscure tributaries that are not stocked...The fish there are either wild or holdovers that ascended from the  heavily stocked main river... I don't intend to keep any fish, but one of the down sides of bait fishing is that sometimes fish are deeply hooked  and  must be kept rather than fed to the coons and otters... The bright side is that those natural fed trout are pretty good eating...The flesh is as red as salmon......

Well ?? Fishing report ? Pictures ?

12 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Well ?? Fishing report ? Pictures ?

Not biting too well...I caught  2 trout  both around 11 inches  and missed a couple...Should have  nymphed the River, probably would have had some stocker action anyway.....I'm not smart enough to do pictures...