THE DEC HAS RELEASED THE 2018 DEER HARVEST REPORT

Larry

22 minutes ago, Belo said:

this will come across as snowflake male, and it's not my intention because i support it, but man are they pushing woman in the outdoors or what?

Hunting & fishing are probably two of the last bastions of masculinity left.  This liberal society we live in probably wants to feminize these activities, like they've feminized everything else in this country.  Sometimes we should be careful what we wish for.  

8 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Hunting & fishing are probably two of the last bastions of masculinity left.  This liberal society we live in probably wants to feminize these activities, like they've feminized everything else in this country.  Sometimes we should be careful what we wish for.  

no it's hunter recruitment and i'm all for it. Just never a huge fan of it being shoved in my face.

43 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Ummm, I kinda saw how you avoid meeting forum members but OK.  I will note that there is also very little public land in this area.

Whats   forum  meeting have to do with hunting spots? Don't worry I'm good with maps buddy . I already get plenty of spots looked up  :) 

Between those 6 there is  plenty of land to  go look at .

Edited by Storm914

7 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Whats   forum  meeting have to do with hunting spots? Don't worry I'm good with maps buddy . I already get plenty of spots looked up  :) 

Between those 6 there is  plenty of land to  go look at .

Enjoy.  Booner behind every tree.  

Edited by moog5050

37 minutes ago, Belo said:

no it's hunter recruitment and i'm all for it. Just never a huge fan of it being shoved in my face.

I get the part where they want to recruit anyone they can, but I do become a bit suspect when the emphasis seems to be on women more than anyone else.  Especially in today's world where a white middle aged christian male is portrayed as one of the lowest forms of life.   I guess all the conspiracy posts I see on this forum have begun to rub off on me.  LOL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I get the part where they want to recruit anyone they can, but I do become a bit suspect when the emphasis seems to be on women more than anyone else.  Especially in today's world where a white middle aged christian male is portrayed as one of the lowest forms of life.   I guess all the conspiracy posts I see on this forum have begun to rub off on me.  LOL

Good idea,  all the more reason to try and get women hunting like you said  anything that is seen as a white guy Christian sport becomes evil in today's messed up world .

Bring in more women then the liberals will leave hunting alone maybe .  Probably would not be a bad idea to promote the sport to a whole bunch of minority's as well  More  diversity  =  less problems for hunting and gun owners in this state .

Edited by Storm914

14 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I think they are the fastest growing segment of gun ownership so they are probably trying to piggy back on that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Good idea,  all the more reason to try and get women hunting like you said  anything that is seen as a white guy Christian sport becomes evil in today's messed up world .

Bring in more women then the liberals will leave hunting alone maybe . 

OK, I will trust your theory when you can name something else that has been left alone by the liberals when we brought more women into it.

2 hours ago, Belo said:

this will come across as snowflake male, and it's not my intention because i support it, but man are they pushing woman in the outdoors or what?

They have been for quite some time. More money in the pot.

28 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'm just impressed that Bow/MZ is up to almost 50% of the gun take.  Good stuff!

I noticed that, too.  I would assume that most of the increase is due to more muzzleloader's being used since they have become so simple to operate.  You basically have a scoped single shot centerfire rifle.  And then the dasterdly crossbows are now in the mix also!  LOL

Anyway, putting my conspiracy theory hat firmly back on (Papist sent me one for Christmas), the big downside that I see to this is Cuomo and his gang using this as an example that hunters don't really need repeating rifles and shotguns to hunt since the bowhunters and muzzleloader hunters are doing such a wonderful job in controlling the deer population.  Once again, we need to be careful what we wish for. 

Edited by steve863

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

OK, I will trust your theory when you can name something else that has been left alone by the liberals when we brought more women into it.

Alcohol :)

Getting women into hunting will  definitely  help I think ,  women are a  very important voting block to liberals  . Well anyway it can't hurt .

Edited by Storm914

Yes ,that’s my point . Want more men hunters ,just add more women . Win win .

Just look at how the guys here reply  like crazy to a new woman’s posts here .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

7 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Yeah...those region 8 ones don't have nearly the quantity or quality they talk about...lol

probably true based on harvest numbers we have twice the yearlings you guys have. obviously we have more out here near the VT border and at the base of the adirondacks. lol

5 hours ago, Belo said:

my wife has custom arrows and a pro series bow that setup cost more than the last handful of bows i've bought. also just like shoes, she has over twice as many boots as i have. i could probably count on both hands how many times she's been out. the struggle is real.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve D said:

They have been for quite some time. More money in the pot.

Well think about all the money women  like to spend on crazy women stuff just imagine if the hunting industry could tap into that money .

Women love to shop much more then men  marketing studies show from a business stand point you would be naive to not try and  get them into guns and hunting it's just good business. They are 50% of the population  after all. 

Plus what better way to protect are gun rights :)

Edited by Storm914

This privileged white Christian male is also inclined to say dont just pay attention to the ladies. DEC also included a page in the summary for the youth big game hunt. Those numbers should be a lot higher. Need to get more kids involved, even if there's assumed to be some that didnt report.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1