Concealed Carry in Onondaga County

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

I got mine, no restriction in Albany county . I met with my judge,wore my best suit and chatted with her for an hour. Took me three tries but its worth. I'm Republican all the way 

I think the amount of time one has had there permit comes into factor. 

You are super lucky then. I gave up after my first two attempts, my judge was actually a Republican, was chief counsel to George Pataki as a matter of fact.

Culver Creek is spot on, it is a bunch of ridiculous BS that you had to go through all that

15 minutes ago, CapDistPatriot said:

You are super lucky then. I gave up after my first two attempts, my judge was actually a Republican, was chief counsel to George Pataki as a matter of fact.

Culver Creek is spot on, it is a bunch of ridiculous BS that you had to go through all that

How long have you had it, I've had my 23 years now . Judge Teressie denied me once and I dont recall if second was Breslin or not.  Kim O'connor my current judge was 100% honest ,fair and seemed pro gun. I was told I'd have better chance of winning mega millions before get no restrictions in Albany county. LE friends said no one gets in in Albany Co. .... Must have been my suit !

Breslin was who just denied a friend 

Edited by sbuff

Onondaga County sucks. Mine is Sportsman, employment. I take it that I am upper management and am on call 24-7 that is good for whenever I feel like it. I hardly carry anyway as I am not usually in places I feel the need. Every cop I have talked to said they would not bother me at all for carrying. I also have a PA one. Full carry, 15 minutes and $20, NY 13 months........... Can carry in 32 states unrestricted but my own lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

Or are others that easy 

Dutchess County won't give anything but full carry and no course work or meet with anyone like a judge either.

Slow at times to get initial application approved and slow on amendments at times as they always are short staffed.

I've heard Albany co is toughest in the state to get no restrictions,  are any other counties difficult 

Westchester is worse from what I hear and forget about the 5 counties in NYC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I live in rockland I had a sportsman residence permit for about two years before I tried to upgrade. I met with the judge in closed court plead my case and received a upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, sbuff said:

Or are others that easy 

Monroe  county isn’t to bad for NY. All they issue are “ full carry” , no classes to take ,no  stupid interviews , fill, out the forms ,get prints and pic . and wait .

Our youngest daughter got hers 3 years ago, in three months , which was better then average . Oldest one turned hers in two days ago .

Heres a tip from a friend of mine who’s a cop who processes permits . Use references WHO ANSWER THEIR DAMN PHONE ! He says he can do a permit in an hour, but getting a hold of references can take days or weeks . Some never check their messages or call back,that’s very annoying to the guy you don’t want to annoy ......

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 10:04 AM, sbuff said:

I got mine, no restriction in Albany county . I met with my judge,wore my best suit and chatted with her for an hour. Took me three tries but its worth. I'm Republican all the way 

I think the amount of time one has had there permit comes into factor. 

I tried for 5 years in Albany County, total of 2 attempts, got nothing but ridiculous bull$hit responses, excuses and wasted time.

I tried for 1 month in Schenectady County, and got this.

20190604_113426.jpg

4 minutes ago, sbuff said:

That's better then nothing. Congrats..

I looked at mine and it says no restrictions. 

20190605_110016.jpg

It is just ridiculous that you had to try three freaking times, then do a dog and pony show with a judge for over an hour in chambers just to exercise your rights as a citizen. As a taxpaying law abiding citizen, you do not deserve to be treated like that. 

In the next county over, I filed once and a month later got a phone call from Judge Caruso saying congratulations you are all good. 3 days later a letter came from clerk saying call and make an appointment to come in and pick up your permit. I called at 9:03 AM the next morning and left a message. The clerk called me back literally 5 MINUTES LATER and set me up for 11:30 AM THAT MORNING. I was walking out of the clerk's building to the parking lot, permit in hand by 11:41 AM. No BS, no gimmicks, no games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sbuff said:

Would you then do any amendments in sch. County.  Again that's a royal pain in Albany co.

Yes. My permit is now held by Schenectady County. Amemdments take about a week or two on average, Albany it takes months.

My bosses wife got her permit in Albany County, and then got a pistol. It took her 8 FREAKING MONTHS to get the pistol added. RIDICULOUS!