Concealed Carry in Onondaga County

I transferred Putnam to Westchester. No issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A transfer isn’t usually a problem because you already have the permit it’s getting a new one... Westchester is nuts they make you buy a pistol before you apply and then they can still turn you down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was always like that in Monroe county , but few ever got turned down . You bought a handgun, went and got permit ,picked it up .

Now you can get permit workout a gun , which I found weird ,but then I’ve had mine close to 40 years .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Old thread.....but dropped off my application the end of August to remove my restrictions in Erie county and got a letter today stating my permit now has no restrictions.....although I still need to head downtown and pay a few bucks to officially get the restrictions of hunting and target shooting removed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 11 months later...

Got my unrestricted permit on the first try in Onondaga County.  You know they do a background check. I have no direct knowledge of the approval process, but can't help but speculated that they check credit history as well as criminal background. After all, if someone pays all their bills as promised, it is at least an indicator of good character. I suspect my credit score didn't hurt.

• Like 2