Any Jeopardy fans ?

Water Rat

Ha been missing it lately have to watch tonight .

I have an odd knack for recalling useless infomation ,and making “ lucky “ guesses, which really annoys my wife and one daughter, who,often says “ who knows this stuff ?”

If you guess most popular ,largest ,well known , and simply look for the clues in the answer you can do well .

For instance any time it’s a country in South America ,and I don’t know , I answer Brazil as it’s the largest country there by far ,highest population , boarders almost every other country and so on .

32 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ha been missing it lately have to watch tonight .

I have an odd knack for recalling useless infomation ,and making “ lucky “ guesses, which really annoys my wife and one daughter, who,often says “ who knows this stuff ?”

If you guess most popular ,largest ,well known , and simply look for the clues in the answer you can do well .

For instance any time it’s a country in South America ,and I don’t know , I answer Brazil as it’s the largest country there by far ,highest population , boarders almost every other country and so on .

Lol, I am far from the smartest person on this planet, and the useless things in my head that I remember just ticks the wife off to no end when we watch. She’s like,  how in the hell did you know that. It shouldn’t be this much fun getting her riled up like that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Had no idea.  I told my father that since it was a run away, he would bet enough to win $50k but it ended up slightly more.

The record was previously set by Roger Craig on September 19, 2010, when he took home $77,000 in a single game. What's even more exciting is that Holzhauer's prize, $110,914, holds a special numerical significance — it's his daughter birthday. She was born on November 9, 2014 (11/09/14).

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My uncle was on twice, once a long time ago with Art Fleming and in the 90s with Trebek. He won the first time but not the second

One of our former associate won two or three nights.  He took like a month off to prepare.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The record was previously set by Roger Craig on September 19, 2010, when he took home $77,000 in a single game. What's even more exciting is that Holzhauer's prize, $110,914, holds a special numerical significance — it's his daughter birthday. She was born on November 9, 2014 (11/09/14).

Leave it to a gambler to make sure his winnings end in his daughters birth date! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

My uncle was on twice, once a long time ago with Art Fleming and in the 90s with Trebek. He won the first time but not the second

I have a brother that was a child prodigy, skipped a grade in school, etc...won a local quiz show in Philly as a teen. Anyway, he got his chance to go on Jeopardy. He decided to bet it all on the last question and lost. It was right around the time Weird Al Yankovich came out with " I Lost on Jeopardy". There is a moral & irony to this story somewhere...

• Like 1