I hate this time of year....

ApexerER

I think I am part of the super small minority that hates spring....Hunting Season is long past, Snowmobile season is over and boating season hasn't begun. My yard is a disaster and I still have some leftover snow in my yard. Its hard to make plans cause you have no idea if it's going to be 40 degrees or 70+ like tomorrow. Everything is brown and dirty. Late spring/summer can't get here fast enough. 

Maybe I will get a round of golf in tomorrow on a nice brown course.....

• Like 3

good and bad. wet spring is good for our hay fields and good for buck antlers but difficult to deal with. you hope it's not wet enough to effect turkey hatch too. we raked up the dead stuff and leaves from our front yard and it looks a lot better.

Usually i get impatient with this warm then cold crap in the spring buts its given me the chance this year to finish a couple last minute indoor projects so i wont have anymore planned until next winter. That way i can spend the summer and warmer part of spring outside.   But the nice days ive got a big chunk of the lawn cleaned up.  

The dog days of summer are actually my least favorite, especially as I age. Too hot and muggy to really enjoy being outside. Other than being on a lake or in a pool.

The other three seasons, I can adjust with clothing to keep comfortable, while doing outside chores and activities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Get on some browns! I agree with the downfalls of spring but the fishing is always awesome this time of year 

My version of fishing is basically hanging out on the boat with a cold beer and a line in the water. Really not a whole lot different than hanging out on the boat with a  cold beer and not having a line in the water....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I don’t like early spring either. To much winter clean up to be done, the kids are dying to get outside after a long winter but it’s generally to cold for them to be out for long. Mud everywhere! Can’t go ahead on the garden because it still gets below freezing. I could go on and on it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here’s the correct order for me.

Summer

Fall

Winter , since we now spend a chunk of it in FLA

spring.

Late March and April , dirty , brown and gray , cold cloudy oh and wet .

used to love May if it was sunny , kids were still in school and I could hang outside in the sun .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

As a natural born killer and meat-eater, fall is definitely my favorite, because that is when most of our family's food is obtained the "fun" way.   I like all the seasons here in NY however.  Just about the time one starts to wear on you, the next one kicks off.  I can definitely take the cold better than the heat and I feel sorry for those folks who live further south than about mid-PA and have to deal with that.  Even Gettysburg PA is a little too hot for me in the summer.    Those warm days at this time of year feel great.  As someone already mentioned, the brown trout fishing is fantastic right now.    I miss the sucker spearing a bit,  that used to be legal, and was lots of fun after the first warm rain.   I think you would be hard pressed to find summer weather conditions anywhere on earth that are better than those to be had here in NY.   Take a swim in the St Lawrence river, or in an Adirondack lake on the Fourth of July, and you will see what I mean.  

Edited by wolc123

Mostly because of what I do for a living I really dislike winter more and more every year.   Jan and Feb are tough long days and have often thought that in the south one inch of snow and the place shuts down and nothing to worry about might be a nice option.  But I always grind thru it. 

I enjoy the early spring cause it's time to reset and get ready and enjoy getting outdoor projects done.  Then into fishing season which usually stays good to August and then it's time to switch gears and prepare for the fall seasons.   

I love Spring, Summer and most of the Fall's days especially when it is warm, I can take the heat.:yes:

Keep the snow and cold along with the shoveling and plowing, I will take the warm and hit the road. Both photos are taken in the same place, I will take the weather in the bottom one any day!

005.JPG

P1000176.JPG

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

Early spring is the only time I get any work done around my place.  March and April are the months I do some of the work on the list that I've been writing since last May 1st, when turkey hunting started.  May is for turkey and trout.  Too much to do in the summer and hunting all fall and winter, doesn't leave time to do anything else.  ;)