Sad but nice day

turkeyfeathers

Some of you may know I lost my mom at age 91 last year on January 19th. My Pop died of a broken heart March 29th last year missing his soulmate at 93. They were married for 72 years. Both were in outstanding health until but days before their passing.  Both passed on very quickly and still lived in their own home. Wife , daughter and I would stop visit at least 5 days a week as they lived very close to us. I’d snowblow their driveway, mow their lawn , wed make food to take over even though Pop still cooked and made mom a big breakfast with fresh fruit cup with a truffle every morning.  Well at age 11 for Mom and age 13 for Pop they met at a single room school house here in Lancaster that has since become Ripas restaurant. This school was reminiscent of little house on the prairie. They both touched so many hearts over so many years.  Kindness , putting others before them was always both their thoughts and intentions.  Today we had a tribute to my folks at Ripas with family , friends , neighbors etc.  70 or attended.  Where they met 80 years ago.  Pop loved Tops peanut sticks , starlight mints and mom chocolate truffles.  So you’ll see those on tables  as parting gifts for attendees   When our daughter was born we had no idea if boy or girl. Mom took her only cab ride ever to the hospital   Had no middle name picked out so mom suggested Skye as in Isle of Skye in Scotland. Mom said it was most beautiful place her and Pop had ever been Sam was a beautiful baby. So Skye is Samanatha’s middle name per moms idea. One of my sisters went to Scotland last summer and trip already planned before folks passing. Their conjoined  ashes are spread around the bench overlooking spectacular view forever being together again. In the isle of Skye. It was so nice to see so many people come together today to remember them 

• Like 22

Amazing sorry Jay, I know days like this can be tough but it’s great to celebrate the joy that your parents brought to the world! Sounds like many people were blessed to know them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk