One Reason I Would Vote For Trump Again

I love his way of thinking:laugh:

Trump Declares ‘Absolute Right’ To Send Undocumented Immigrants To Sanctuary Cities

“We hereby demand that they be taken care of at the highest level,” he added. “Especially by the State of California, which is well known or [sic] its poor management & high taxes!”

When asked by NPR whether the mayor would welcome buses filled with 5,000 immigrants coming to the city next week, Schaaf confirmed that she would.

“I always say, welcome to Oakland,” the mayor told NPR.

NPR pushed Schaaf on the issue again, asking the mayor to clarify whether she’d “welcome more migrants” into Oakland.

No, if Trump sends them to these sanctuary cities, then he's given in and these immigrants get to stay in the US and we will end up paying for them one way or another.  What should be done is federal troops should be sent to these sanctuary cities and states and their Governors and Mayor's need to be arrested for violating federal law by harbouring these illegals.  George Wallace didn't want to get his butt arrested back in the 60's for violating federal law when troops arrived at the schools doorstep to allow the blacks students in.  Same should happen now with these law violating Governor's and Mayor's.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

No, if Trump sends them to these sanctuary cities, then he's given in and these immigrants get to stay in the US and we will end up paying for them one way or another. 

The immigrants that come in illegally and seek Amnesty can only be held for a short time and then have to be released . They are supposed to return for a court date but never return . So , why not send them to the Sanctuary Cities and over burden those cities with the problem .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fasteddie said:

The immigrants that come in illegally and seek Amnesty can only be held for a short time and then have to be released . They are supposed to return for a court date but never return . So , why not send them to the Sanctuary Cities and over burden those cities with the problem .

How does this make sense?  You are then just letting them disappear within these cities for good.  They will surely never appear for any court dates and will never be sent back.  They need not be given a court date since they entered this country illegally.  The only "date" I would give them is the date I bring them back to the the southern border gate and then push them thru back into Mexico.  You guys are talking from two sides of your mouths.  You don't want these illegals to come in at all and then you want to send the ones that do to these sanctuary cities that are blatantly violating federal law.  That's BS. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

He has done more for Israel than the US thus far. Not one campaign promise has been properly implemented. He needs to dust off the America First slogan and start taking it seriously. All talk, no action

I would be the first one to agree that he overstated his campaign promises but in defense he has done some things that have helped Americans. I think he could have and would accomplish more if the senators and congressmen and women would stop fighting him every step of the way. I think he has a good vision of what needs to be done but unfortunately the rest of the "politicians" seem to be more interested in more investigations that can be twisted in a way to make the current administration/Trump look crooked and incompetent instead of doing the job they were elected to do.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, steve863 said:

You guys are talking from two sides of your mouths.  You don't want these illegals to come in at all and then you want to send the ones that do to these sanctuary cities that are blatantly violating federal law.  That's BS. 

I think what he is trying to accomplish here is to make everyone see just how serious the issue is. If so called "sanctuary" cities who are harboring and supporting the illegals have to deal with the issues at hand instead of blaming the federal government on how they are being handled maybe they will see just how difficult and expensive it is.

Those that welcome them will soon realize how expensive and potentially dangerous the situation can become and will be pushing the Federal government for funding to support, care & feed these illegals.

Maybe then the taxpayers  will get involved and start complaining about their tax dollars being spent for this purpose and will wake up to the fact we cannot as a nation be a free open door mission for the number of people descending on our communities.

We can't and don't take care of our own as well as the illegals are expected to be taken care of.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Steve D said:

I think what he is trying to accomplish here is to make everyone see just how serious the issue is. If so called "sanctuary" cities who are harboring and supporting the illegals have to deal with the issues at hand instead of blaming the federal government on how they are being handled maybe they will see just how difficult and expensive it is.

Those that welcome them will soon realize how expensive and potentially dangerous the situation can become and will be pushing the Federal government for funding to support, care & feed these illegals.

Maybe then the taxpayers  will get involved and start complaining about their tax dollars being spent for this purpose and will wake up to the fact we cannot as a nation be a free open door mission for the number of people descending on our communities.

We can't and don't take care of our own as well as the illegals are expected to be taken care of.

How many million more illegals would it take before these taxpayers would start complaining?   I don't think this country needs to take this chance.  Especially after all of Trump's rhetoric about illegal immigration.  He's made illegal immigration the major issue of his administration.  By letting them stay in these sanctuary cities you are giving them open amnesty, which is something I thought everyone was against. 

7 minutes ago, steve863 said:

How many million more illegals would it take before these taxpayers would start complaining?   I don't think this country needs to take this chance.  Especially after all of Trump's rhetoric about illegal immigration.  He's made illegal immigration the major issue of his administration.  By letting them stay in these sanctuary cities you are giving them open amnesty, which is something I thought everyone was against. 

I think he is just trying to magnify a problem that he doesn't understand why (like me) it needs to be magnified. He just can't (like me) wrap his head around that fact that there are people that will welcome these illegals with open arms. 

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I think he is just trying to magnify a problem that he doesn't understand why (like me) it needs to be magnified. He just can't (like me) wrap his head around that fact that there are people that will welcome these illegals with open arms. 

They welcome them alright, just not into their own neighborhoods. See Cher as an example

8 minutes ago, steve863 said:

How many million more illegals would it take before these taxpayers would start complaining?   I don't think this country needs to take this chance. 

I agree 100% but if they(Democrats) won't assist/help him in stopping it and continue to curtail his attempts to stop it, or come up with a solution to fix it someone has to deal with it. Let those that welcome them attempt to deal with it. Unfortunately we will all have to bear the burden.

They are fighting the wall, closing the border, and our aide to the countries sending them is not working. What else is left.

The push to grow the population is crazy and even crazier when you try and do it with illegal immigrantion. 

I thought these people think the biggest problem was co2 and the environment?

What do you think happens when you get more people ?

A better environment?

Or more pollution? 

Obviously you get more pollution from more people .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

How does this make sense?  You are then just letting them disappear within these cities for good.  They will surely never appear for any court dates and will never be sent back.  They need not be given a court date since they entered this country illegally.  The only "date" I would give them is the date I bring them back to the the southern border gate and then push them thru back into Mexico.  You guys are talking from two sides of your mouths.  You don't want these illegals to come in at all and then you want to send the ones that do to these sanctuary cities that are blatantly violating federal law.  That's BS. 

They can't be sent back because they are seeking amnesty ! It's the law. Since they cannot be sent back sending them to Sanctuary Cities and over burden those cities sends a message . What part of "can't be sent back" don't you understand ? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

They can't be sent back because they are seeking amnesty ! It's the law. Since they cannot be sent back sending them to Sanctuary Cities and over burden those cities sends a message . What part of "can't be sent back" don't you understand ? 

Let's forget about the southern border for a minute here.  So now anyone on the planet can fly into the US as a tourist and then once here seek "amnesty" and we have to keep them here??  As far as I know, one needs to apply for asylum once they are in this country.  These applications can very easily and quickly be denied and these people can get sent back.  I am sure some people have very valid reasons to seek asylum and consideration should be given, but with your thinking the entire world can now just storm in and seek this amnesty and we have little recourse but to keep them here.  If that's the case, building the wall will do very little to stop illegal immigration.  People will then just fly in, or drive in as tourists and go from there.  If you want to stop illegal immigration you need to address it from all angles and can't be allowing people to flood in and stay here until our lame president and lame government figures it all out which may never happen.

I believe that when they seek Asylum they are given a court date and don't show up . They disappear into our country undetected . I think the asylum crap has to do with the United Nations . We need to change that law so the illegals can be sent back .

Sending the the illegals to a Sanctuary City as a threat is okay as it gets the attention of the liberals . To actually do it is a bad thing as it will give the illegals thinking about coming to the USA the idea that they will be taken care of if they come .

Trump can't make it happen . The Libs and RINOs need to help change the law !

• Like 1

Let's forget about the southern border for a minute here.  So now anyone on the planet can fly into the US as a tourist and then once here seek "amnesty" and we have to keep them here??  As far as I know, one needs to apply for asylum once they are in this country.

Notes on Refugees and Asylees

What is the difference between a refugee and an asylee? In the United States, the main difference is the person's location at the time of application. 
Refugees are nearly always outside of the United States when they are considered for resettlement, whereas asylum seekers submit their applications while physically present in or at a port of entry to the United States. 

Asylum seekers can submit an asylum request either affirmatively or defensively.

The affirmative asylum process applies to persons who initially file an asylum application with USCIS as well as applicants who subsequently have their application referred by USCIS to the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). The defensive asylum process applies to persons in removal proceedings who appear before EOIR and people who apply for asylum at U.S. borders and points of entry.

People will then just fly in, or drive in as tourists and go from there.  If you want to stop illegal immigration you need to address it from all angles and can't be allowing people to flood in and stay here

Table 4. Top Ten Countries of Refugee Admissions by Nationality, FY 2018

FRS-SPT-2019-Table_4_UPDATED.png

Once again I agree with you. Our LONG TIME immigration laws need to be changed, tightened up, and enforced. Since the current  wave of Democrats do not seem to think the laws need to be tightened now or did in the past we can expect to continue to receive the onslaught of immigrants for quite some time unless something drastic happens.

Another tidbit:

Rate of illegal crossings from Canada rising nearly as rapidly as at U.S. border with Mexico

In fiscal year 2017, immigration agents detained a total of 540 people compared to 960 in fiscal year 2018. The largest spike occurred along the Swanton border patrol section, which includes the borders of New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont, where 548 people were apprehended in 2018, up from 165 in all of 2017.

While these numbers are significantly smaller than the crossings at the southern border, the lack of outrage against illegal activity on the northern border is emblematic of President Trump’s war against black and brown immigrants and asylum seekers.

I would think the true asylum seeker would come thru a US border legally and then file the paperwork for asylum once they are here.  I would not give the same privilege to someone who entered this country illegally.  I think the ones who entered ILLEGALLY is the group that Trump wants to send to the sanctuary cities which in my mind is giving them amnesty for an illegal act and goes completely against his tough stance on illegal immigration.

Our immigration laws most definitely need to be tightened and/or changed.  An important change would be to enforce penalties on employers who hire these people.  If they could not find jobs here, they would have less incentive to come here.  Also, Trump could have tightened up some of these laws and/or changed them his first two years in office when he had both the House and Senate.  Now we have a democrat majority in the House and his hands are tied on many things.  Trump dropped the ball on this one big time!!

5 hours ago, Steve D said:

Notes on Refugees and Asylees

What is the difference between a refugee and an asylee? In the United States, the main difference is the person's location at the time of application. 
Refugees are nearly always outside of the United States when they are considered for resettlement, whereas asylum seekers submit their applications while physically present in or at a port of entry to the United States. 

Asylum seekers can submit an asylum request either affirmatively or defensively.

The affirmative asylum process applies to persons who initially file an asylum application with USCIS as well as applicants who subsequently have their application referred by USCIS to the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). The defensive asylum process applies to persons in removal proceedings who appear before EOIR and people who apply for asylum at U.S. borders and points of entry.

Table 4. Top Ten Countries of Refugee Admissions by Nationality, FY 2018

FRS-SPT-2019-Table_4_UPDATED.png

Once again I agree with you. Our LONG TIME immigration laws need to be changed, tightened up, and enforced. Since the current  wave of Democrats do not seem to think the laws need to be tightened now or did in the past we can expect to continue to receive the onslaught of immigrants for quite some time unless something drastic happens.

Another tidbit:

Rate of illegal crossings from Canada rising nearly as rapidly as at U.S. border with Mexico

In fiscal year 2017, immigration agents detained a total of 540 people compared to 960 in fiscal year 2018. The largest spike occurred along the Swanton border patrol section, which includes the borders of New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont, where 548 people were apprehended in 2018, up from 165 in all of 2017.

While these numbers are significantly smaller than the crossings at the southern border, the lack of outrage against illegal activity on the northern border is emblematic of President Trump’s war against black and brown immigrants and asylum seekers.

Dude that's comical! 960 northern border in 2018. Over 100,000 A MONTH on southern border. Yeah, it's because of brown people.....lmao

On 4/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, steve863 said:

No, if Trump sends them to these sanctuary cities, then he's given in and these immigrants get to stay in the US and we will end up paying for them one way or another.  What should be done is federal troops should be sent to these sanctuary cities and states and their Governors and Mayor's need to be arrested for violating federal law by harbouring these illegals.  George Wallace didn't want to get his butt arrested back in the 60's for violating federal law when troops arrived at the schools doorstep to allow the blacks students in.  Same should happen now with these law violating Governor's and Mayor's.

Actually trump saying he wants to send  the illegals to sanctuary cities   makes liberals take the opposite position lol now they say they don't want them  just because trump said he would send them lol 

I think trump just played a big mind f on them lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamoke said:

President Trump’s war against black and brown immigrants and asylum seekers.

2 hours ago, Jamoke said:

Dude that's comical! 960 northern border in 2018. Over 100,000 A MONTH on southern border. Yeah, it's because of brown people.....lmao

Not my words. Right from the article of fake news. First time I have ever seen it put that way. I am pretty sure it is there own "spin" on the topic...something like CNN

https://thinkprogress.org/illegal-crossings-from-canada-rising-nearly-as-rapidly-as-at-us-border-with-mexico-942fd8d98941/