Notre dame on fire !!

Hunter007

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

I wonder if it was deliberate  so far nobody saying anything. 

There is a report that an employee claimed it was set on purpose. One thing is for sure. There have been a spate of Church attacks leading up to Holy Week in France. This act is certainly symbolic of the collapse of that nation

5 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

There is a report that an employee claimed it was set on purpose. One thing is for sure. There have been a spate of Church attacks leading up to Holy Week in France. This act is certainly symbolic of the collapse of that nation

I'm thinking if it was arson  there are 2 groups that could have done this  but I'm not going to say anything until there is proof so far nobody saying anything.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

Last Friday a female jIhadist was jailed for 8 years following a failed car bomb attack at Notre Dame in 2016. Interesting timing

https://www.france24.com/en/20190412-france-jails-jihadist-woman-accused-over-foiled-terror-attack

I'm pretty sure Paris is  full  with security cameras and security around  notre dame they will find out if it was a attack soon enough . I just find it hard to believe it happened by accident around Easter time . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philoshop said:

And there aren't enough skilled stone-masons remaining on the planet to rebuild it. A lost art, and a lost piece of art. Very sad.

Only project that I'm familiar with that is currently  going on that comparable is the construction of cathedral Sagrada Familia in Barcelona Spain. Started in 1880's and expected completion in 2050 or so.

Parts are open and completed and some is just being started; its an active work site that you can walk through and observe from many vantage points even up in the spire towers.

Spent 2 days there and could have been entertained for a week. Very cool experience if you're into building/trades/architecture.

I know they put a massive effort into Chartres Cathedral outside Paris for security......what a loss this is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

As a Michigan fan, I never liked Notre Dame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you make jokes like that  on 911 ?

This is there 911.

it is a  world loss when something that old and historical  is destroyed . 

Edited by Storm914

“IF” it is another cowardly attack from a follower of the crazy ideology known as Islam. The truth will be covered up because as we all have been told numerous times Islam is a promoter of peace and is followed by peaceful people!