Notre dame on fire !!

Hunter007

11 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Did you make jokes like that  on 911 ?

This is there 911.

it is a  world loss when something that old and historical  is destroyed . 

You're comparing the cathedral fire to the terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on 9/11?  Not seeing it.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

You're comparing the cathedral fire to the terrorist attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people on 9/11?  Not seeing it.

To  the French they feel just as bad about it 

Its something that will be talked  about for decades over there .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

To  the French they feel just as bad about it 

Its something that will be talked  about for decades over there .

I would rather have 10 historical monuments burn to the ground instead of one 9/11 attack . Your comparison is so far off .

• Like 1

Did you make jokes like that  on 911 ?
This is there 911.
 it is a  world loss when something that old and historical  is destroyed . 

Thousands of people died? I apologize. I didn’t read that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

I would rather have 10 historical monuments burn to the ground instead of one 9/11 attack . Your comparison is so far off .

There both historical  tragedies that will never be forgotten. 

And you shouldn't be joking about either or anyones church or  house burning down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thousands of people died? I apologize. I didn’t read that

If your house burned down  you think that's something to joke about ?

No different 

Does not matter if nobody got killed which nobody knows that yet actually. 

Edited by Storm914

If your house burned down  you think that's something to joke about ?

No different 

Does not matter if nobody got killed which nobody knows that yet actually. 

Listen. I know the French are afraid to fight wars, but I didn’t know they were afraid to fight fires.

Too soon?

We all made jokes when the yelling goat burnt down and that’s more historic on this forum.

5 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

There both historical  tragedies that will never be forgotten. 

And you shouldn't be joking about either or anyones church or  house burning down. 

Just stop now and admit your response was silly . Almost 3,000 people died from 9/11 . This was a structure fire with no injuries or fatalities . I will tell anyone right to their face to get f@#ked if they think these 2 situations are even remotely close.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Just stop now and admit your response was silly . Almost 3,000 people died from 9/11 . This was a structure fire with no injuries or fatalities . I will tell anyone right to their face to get f@#ked if they think these 2 situations are even remotely close.

Yea 800 year old churches go up in flames every day my mistake. 

No big loss ^_^

It's being called frences 911 on tv as I'm writing this btw 

Edited by Storm914

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Ya , a building has the same value as even one human life . You need to have your head examined .

And who said that ? The fire was still on going we dont know yet if anyone died 

I'm not the one making jokes 

Edited by Storm914

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Ummm, the guy who said " This is their 9/11" 

Hmm maybe you should read back who says jokes about fires still ongoing that people could have died in  nobody knows yet  if people died in there yet . Just like 911 we didn't know until later on . He was making jokes as its burning. 

Edited by Storm914

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Listen. I know the French are afraid to fight wars, but I didn’t know they were afraid to fight fires.

Too soon?

We all made jokes when the yelling goat burnt down and that’s more historic on this forum.

To soon biz at least wait until the fire embers are out and we know for sure there no body's in there 

Notre Dame is the third church in Paris to be damaged or in flames in just the past few months. 

In mid-March, a similar scene played out in Saint Sulpice, in the sixth arrondissment (district) of Paris. This fire was a criminal act.

Another attack occurred on the Basilica of Saint Denis. Located in the north of Paris, this basilica houses the tombs of many kings and queens of France, which were violated and destroyed, along with the organ. This also was a criminal act.

In fact, in 2017 alone the French government recorded 887 attacks on Christian artifacts or churches.

• Like 1

To soon biz at least wait until the fire embers are out and we know for sure there no body's in there 

Is it safe yet? I never liked that stupid movie Rudy anyway.

On a serious note, France’s 9/11 was the terrorist attacks they already had to deal with (not a church burning)

Breaking news: they don’t know who did it, but they have a HUNCH

Looks like Good FRY day came early

I'd like to keep making offensive Notre Dame jokes, but much like the fire itself...I'm starting to run out of material.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Is it safe yet? I never liked that stupid movie Rudy anyway.

On a serious note, France’s 9/11 was the terrorist attacks they already had to deal with (not a church burning)

No comment do what you like 

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&client=ms-android-hms-tmobile-us&ei=S9K1XK_xGaWu5wLwmIWYCA&q=notra+dane+france+911&oq=notra+dane+france+911&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.12...0.0..92537...0.0..0.0.0.......0.hA9O1dWUQgA

Edited by Storm914

there's 50 or so people directly working on investigating the cause. at this time there doesn't seem to be any ties to terrorists. much of the main cathedral still seems to be standing and can be rehabbed.

as for comparing it to 911, no doubt this fire is felt around the world, but lets be honest. if they found a couple rooms full of dead children it still wouldn't equal the loss of lives from 911. safe to say lives trump property, whether historic or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

In terms of human life loss nothing comes close to 911 . But 

If you take out the lives lost

this was worse than 911 in terms of historical value .

Almost 900 years of history lost .

So far no attack or accident has killed  more people then 911  Hopefully  something that bad  never happens again .