Glad I Don't Live In Florida

Steve D

snake.jpg

A record 17-foot Burmese python was captured in the Big Cypress National Preserve in south Florida. The female weighed 140 pounds and had 73 developing eggs.

Florida's war on pythons has escalated to new levels, with a radio transmitter chip in a male snake helping reveal the location of a record 17-foot female captured in Big Cypress National Preserve.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

I expect to close on a home in Fl. before the end of the April.

Good Luck with that:victory:. You can have the snakes, gators , fire ants, scorpions, cockroaches, and heat that melts the tar on the roofs. Just not my cup of tea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Looking forward to hunting both hogs and gators!
Won't be spending Summers in Florida, too many fish left to catch in NY. (gotta get my moneys worth from my lifetime Sportsman's license).

SND the Squatching In the FA Everglades is legendary. You will have Photographic evidence in no time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

Looking forward to hunting both hogs and gators!
Won't be spending Summers in Florida, too many fish left to catch in NY. (gotta get my moneys worth from my lifetime Sportsman's license).

i'd never stay for fishing in NY. fishing in florida is hands down better.

• Like 3

If the FWC (DEC) in Florida would stop being so cheap and offer a bounty of $2-$5 per foot of python captured and brought in to a check station with an open season, these rednecks down here would have taken care of the problem by now.

To them its just an added bonus of beer money for their hunting party.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, helmut in the bush said:

I can't wait to move to Florida, 80's in January, Grouper taco's, Conch fritter's, Hillbilly chick's, Latino chick's, air boat's. I've had enough of these winter's

everyone knows it's hard to obtain a chick and an airboat, unless the chick owns the airboat.

• Like 1

Florida fishing and NY fishing two different things completely. Let me know when you catch a steelhead in FL! 

I could do FL Jan through end of April but it would not be my first choice and sure as heck would hate to be there in the summer.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, Steve D said:

Good Luck with that:victory:. You can have the snakes, gators , fire ants, scorpions, cockroaches, and heat that melts the tar on the roofs. Just not my cup of tea.

Florida is good seasonal  I feel sorry for people that actually have to live there year round . Half the year you can't even walk out side because the sun will burn your skin off  

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

I just left Florida after living there for 40+ years. I just got sick and tired of the heat, humidity, traffic and NE U.S snowbird azzhats trying to run everything. My new residence is more gooder.

Where are you now bugs?

In my younger days after getting out of the army, I spent a few years in S. Carolina and Florida. The hunting, fishing, hiking and beaches were excellent. But I never did get used to the heat and humidity in the summer. Still have family in both places. Nice to visit, but would never live there again. 

The mountains of N. Carolina, may be where I go for retirement though. You still get four seasons there, and green grass by mid March. Low taxes and no Safe Act!

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Florida is good seasonal  I feel sorry for people that actually have to live there year round . Half the year you can't even walk out side because the sun will burn your skin off  

I spent one August down there and part of Sept. another year. As you say you couldn't be outside during the day and had to just go from one air conditioned place to another.

Only place I have ever been where it would rain on one side of the street and not the other and each time it rained the humidity level would go through the roof.:heat:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, grampy said:

Where are you now bugs?

In my younger days after getting out of the army, I spent a few years in S. Carolina and Florida. The hunting, fishing, hiking and beaches were excellent. But I never did get used to the heat and humidity in the summer. Still have family in both places. Nice to visit, but would never live there again. 

The mountains of N. Carolina, may be where I go for retirement though. You still get four seasons there, and green grass by mid March. Low taxes and no Safe Act!

I moved (last fall) to the north Georgia mountains... just south of TN and NC.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

I spent one August down there and part of Sept. another year. As you say you couldn't be outside during the day and had to just go from one air conditioned place to another.

Only place I have ever been where it would rain on one side of the street and not the other and each time it rained the humidity level would go through the roof.:heat:

Another problem is because of the hurricanes  and climate there are very few trees that make shade  like in the north so you are exposed to the direct sunlight where ever you walk  sun starts to cook your really bad . Ok for vacation but you will notice the locals avoid going out until dusk for a walk because it's just to much sun and heat to take . 

7 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

Squeal like a pig Ned!

Poor Ned...Talk about typecast....In the many roles I saw in in after Deliverance,  all  I could think of  was  him squealing like a pig...

Same way with the dude who played the psycho in the original Dirty Harry movie...I could never picture him after that as anything but a psycho..."  MY..That's a BIG one....Don't you pass out on me now Piggy...No no no no no...…"