Increasing ph quickly

Hi all, I’m new here. I’ve been planting food plots for a few years and wanted to inquire about what you all do to raise ph in spring? Seems as though lime takes a long while to do much. I need to raise ph by 1-1.5 points on about 8-10 acres. Thanks in advance for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep seeing ads on Craigslist for a liquid solution that acts like lime but faster. My instincts tell me it's a scam, but part of me wishes it were true as its a lot easier to spray liquid than spread tons of lime. Sorry I can't help, but I can at least commiserate.

I keep seeing ads on Craigslist for a liquid solution that acts like lime but faster. My instincts tell me it's a scam, but part of me wishes it were true as its a lot easier to spray liquid than spread tons of lime. Sorry I can't help, but I can at least commiserate.

Oh yes, I’ve seen this as well. I actually plan to call them to see the cost. I’m a firm believer in the “if it sounds too good to be true...” thing, but it’s worth a call. Hopefully someone on here has experience with this same predicament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Theres a few liquids out that will, but the effects are short term, as it evaporates etc.. 

Where your AG, or pellet Lime takes a bit longer to work but lasts longer. And its cheaper. Not sure what numbers you have, but I have poorer soils and am pretty cheap and stingy when it comes to fertilizers and lime.. but get good results each year if Mother Nature does her part..  

• Like 2

The limestone quarry near me offers a lime-ash.  It's a 50/50 mix of ag lime and wood ash.  Wood ash raised pH quickly, but doesn't last.  The ag lime works slowly.  I have had good success using it.  It may not be something that is widely available, but it might be worth looking into wood ash for quicker results, and adding ag lime for the future.