Tree stand safety alert, FS seat may fail

Nomad

So I was moving one of these and found the seat fabric was torn badly . Less then a year old, I sat in this one 3x . 17 foot Outpost xl  ladder stand made by Primal , sold at dicks and fs, yes I know we don’t shop there anymore  , I’ve had one for years and this one was a gift last summer .

Called the number, they know of issue and are sending me a new seat . 1-866- 972-6168

Please check yours.

74612EBE-2829-4FB5-893A-D45E9A64805B.jpeg

D58C8A21-B4E9-4A58-AA5B-6EFC3AAE2260.jpeg

32BD64E1-2C88-4E20-A3F0-25A834C13D72.png

CAFA1610-7592-4EDE-A11D-F2F928FECC49.jpeg

I was a couple more brownies away from busting through that seat !

Ill tell ya, I was shocked when I dropped the stand and found that, especially only using it 3 maybe 4 times .

My first one is  several years old and in a triple tree, it’s so,big and stable ,I’ll be honest, sometimes in gun season for a quick hunt I wouldn’t wear my harness .  Have to rethink that .

• Like 1

Good PSA post! And despite my feelings for Dick's and F&S, I'm glad to hear that they're standing behind their product. I tend to shy away from those fabric seats in favor of a metal seat. But the issue I've seen isn't necessarily from workmanship, it's the damn critters that chew them up. But I leave mine out constantly, so I guess I'm giving them a long chewing season.

• Like 1

it is hard to find the tree ladder stands with the solid metal seats anymore. Only one place i can find them all the rest are mesh.  And just like wicker--- mesh is also not my friend.  Even if you bring them in they arent going to last as long as a steel seat.  I have two in my cart right now to order. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ApexerER said:

We put one of those up on the lease last year and the seat ripped almost instantly. According to my buddy that purchased it Field and Stream wouldn't do anything about it....I'll have to tell him about this....

I had my argument already , but as soon as I started with my story, the lady said , “ yep we know about that issue ,” what’s your name and address .”

I called the maker Primal, not F&S . Only thing is they’re not getting more in till July/ August . No,biggie to me stand is at base of new tree ready to go up .

My original one has been up year round for 4 maybe 5 years good as new .

I still have another “ newer “ one to check .

• Like 2

Well my first one has been up year round for 4 or 5 years no issue and super comfy. I always thought  if I had to buy new seats every 5 years it would be no big deal . The comfort is worth it to me ,and that one still  looks like new, and is my most used stand .

This was a disappointment,but they’re replacing it no questions asked .

My buddy has a different brand with fabric seats and his have been up many years more then mine, I was skeptical,but the life of his is one reason I bought mine .

stay safe

15 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Well my first one has been up year round for 4 or 5 years no issue and super comfy. I always thought  if I had to buy new seats every 5 years it would be no big deal . The comfort is worth it to me ,and that one still  looks like new, and is my most used stand .

This was a disappointment,but they’re replacing it no questions asked .

My buddy has a different brand with fabric seats and his have been up many years more then mine, I was skeptical,but the life of his is one reason I bought mine .

stay safe

I have a big game double ladder stand with the fabric seats that has been in the woods for 5 or 6 years now in the same tree and it is still in perfect shape. This proves they can make fabric seats that will last in the weather no problem. 

• Like 1