2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

If I could just get the whole lawn to match this spot where grass doesn't grow ,I'd be set.
20190420_093108.thumb.jpg.703f7bf06ba5dc0b2ae1bda909df6b64.jpg

Scrape that up. Throw seed, a few bags of Scott’s topsoil on top right before a rain and you’ll be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Scrape that up. Throw seed, a few bags of Scott’s topsoil on top right before a rain and you’ll be perfect.

That exact spot has had scotts lawn seed put down twice .

EDIT: and i went against everything i believe in and bought a sprinkler to keep it watered . 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nothing wrong with some fertilizer 5-6 times per year

You work for TrueGreen?

Good thing you don’t have kids yet.....(oh wait, maybe that’s the problem?) 

:)

• Haha 1

That exact spot has had scotts lawn seed put down twice .
EDIT: and i went against everything i believe in and bought a sprinkler to keep it watered . 

What seed? What topsoil?

You work for TrueGreen?
Good thing you don’t have kids yet.....(oh wait, maybe that’s the problem?) 

30 min to fertilize my lawn. If I don’t have 3 hours per YEAR to spare , I got big problems

Biz I use to do fertilizer myself, wait for the forsythia to be full bloom for first application of crabgrass preventer with fertilizer.  Then hope your neighbors dont have dandelion fields or your screwed. 

We switched to tru green two years ago and my lawn is like Augusta national. I couldn't be happier. A couple cold beers and 2hrs of mowing and I'm a happy man 

Edited by sbuff

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

30 min to fertilize my lawn. If I don’t have 3 hours per YEAR to spare , I got big problems

I am with you Biz. I like a nice lawn.   It doesn’t really take too much time or expense to keep it that way on 1/2 acre or less.   But when I was growing up and cutting 3 acres I couldn’t wait for the heat to burn the lawn out.   Lol

• Like 1

Biz I use to do fertilizer myself, wait for the forsythia to be full bloom for first application of crabgrass preventer with fertilizer.  Then hope your neighbors dont have dandelion fields or your screwed. 
We switched to tru green two years ago and my lawn is like Augusta national. I couldn't be happier. A couple cold beers and 2hrs of mowing and I'm a happy man 

Both my neighbors have weeds and dandelions. You can see the line where their yards end and mine starts

Forget this thread. I'm gonna go re read some of Billy's longest posts with no member replys.

I hate mowing the lawn. I take no pride in how green my grass is. Oddly enough, I let it grow long and never cut it too short and it ends up looking ok. No treatments. No ferts. No seeding. Just run it over with the chopping machine as least as possible.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Forget this thread. I'm gonna go re read some of Billy's longest posts with no member replys.

I hate mowing the lawn. I take no pride in how green my grass is. Oddly enough, I let it grow long and never cut it too short and it ends up looking ok. No treatments. No ferts. No seeding. Just run it over with the chopping machine as least as possible.

Very disappointed in you Drew.  

• Like 1

A good lawn doesn’t require much work. I don’t even treat for weeds anymore. Good lawns choke out weeds on their own. Just a spot spray here and there. I put in about 1hr and 15 min of work each week to mow.

3 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I'm on your team

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A good lawn doesn’t require much work. I don’t even treat for weeds anymore. Good lawns choke out weeds on their own. Just a spot spray here and there. I put in about 1hr and 15 min of work each week to mow.

I use to have a nice lawn then kids and dog entered the equation so priorities took over

I use to have a nice lawn then kids and dog entered the equation so priorities took over

They don’t do a good job? it will be nice someday to have a kid maintain the lawn and pool.

12 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I would always laugh at the guys at work , “ wait, you work, fertilizing and watering , so you can cut it more often !?!? “

Exactly, my own philosophy on lawn maintenance! Fun cutting the grass, maybe the 1st 2-3X. After that it's a hassle and I can't wait for the "brown lawn" season JMO, I'm not playing the "Keeping Up With The Jones" game!

6 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I’m proud to say I have never cut grass in my life. We have a mower up at camp, but my partner up there enjoys cutting the lawn so I don’t.

Lmao what's to be proud of?

• Like 1