2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

so no pictures but i was a little worried this rain would let up and the lawn would be really coming around. it hasn't but just in case i took the backhoe and dug up some more.  then to really set the yard off nice I jack-hammered about a foot off a couple ledge high spots and made a few piles of shale. Biz, if only I'd taken pictures. it went from motocross track to rock quarry.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

you're alright. the hay should be tall enough by then. probably get $3.50 to 4.00 per bale. might have to out source the baler and equipment though. you're a little too far for our equipment. something's gotta be around in Altamont though. 

We do have equipment on our farm property, up the hill from my house. Was up there yesterday, and have standing water in most fields.  No one will be turning over any ground for corn, food plots, or anything else up there for the time being either.

First hay cutting should be fantastic this year though, when it finally does dry out enough to cut it.

I was being facetious about brush hogging my back lawn. I have a push mower, and two strong grandsons as a backup plan!

4 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

so no pictures but i was a little worried this rain would let up and the lawn would be really coming around. it hasn't but just in case i took the backhoe and dug up some more.  then to really set the yard off nice I jack-hammered about a foot off a couple ledge high spots and made a few piles of shale. Biz, if only I'd taken pictures. it went from motocross track to rock quarry.

You dismantled a motocross track you had in your yard !!?? I need to go lay down.

• Haha 1

Just now, grampy said:

We do have equipment on our farm property, up the hill from my house. Was up there yesterday, and have standing water in most fields.  No one will be turning over any ground for corn, food plots, or anything else up there for the time being either.

First hay cutting should be fantastic this year though, when it finally does dry out enough to cut it.

I was being facetious about brush hogging my back lawn. I have a push mower, and two strong grandsons as a backup plan!

cold wet May means a barn full of hay.  problem we run into though is when we do start mowing we fill the barns too fast with 1st cutting and then run out of room for 2nd. many want 2nd cutting over 1st but we still can't get them there fast enough to off load from wagons into tractor trailer trucks. youth was always a back up plan on the farm. problem is i'm not as youthful anymore. lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You dismantled a motocross track you had in your yard !!?? I need to go lay down.

not really just added a few large burms of shale.  i'd say it's a down grade though. shale is tough on a fresh set of knobs. good news is there's at least a handful of private tracks with 20 minutes. my days of riding bikes are over though. you just don't get up as fast as you used to.  look at any harescramble, gncc, jDay, or motocross podium and all the riders are "fearless" and in their 20's or just breaking 30.

6 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:
Third cut of the year last night.....still haven't trimmed yet this year so that will be a project for mid week. Weed an Feed needs to be applied by the weekend as well.fca8e5c99f33ed4df51691334e052b1b.jpg&key=0639db9389d679dee4498feb1cb116f2be9a54f463c897197fd92530d3576a34

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

How long have you had the stamped concrete edging? It looks great, I’m afraid it will heave and crack if I pull the trigger on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

How long have you had the stamped concrete edging? It looks great, I’m afraid it will heave and crack if I pull the trigger on it

We had it put in last July.

The guys did a great job. It survived the winter and didn't heave or crack a bit. Once we get a little warmer weather consistently I will seal it again for the season.

Here is a pic of the two trees we had the put the edging around as well.6465b6cb282ba904b16fffa6e574be0d.jpg

• Like 1

We had it put in last July.

The guys did a great job. It survived the winter and didn't heave or crack a bit. Once we get a little warmer weather consistently I will seal it again for the season.

Here is a pic of the two trees we had the put the edging around as well.6465b6cb282ba904b16fffa6e574be0d.jpg&key=a12f631341021dd0b10e1c65371495d4a96d52c82644464fb0d4cefa4c394ad0

It looks great

On 5/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, bugsNbows said:

LOL. Forbids is a strong word!

Yeah...I guess "forbid" may be overstating it a bit. Just bothers me that with all that green grass mixed in with that golden yellow, you'd think I was a Green Bay packer supporter...