2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

13 hours ago, Merlot said:

Yeah...I guess "forbid" may be overstating it a bit. Just bothers me that with all that green grass mixed in with that golden yellow, you'd think I was a Green Bay packer supporter...

LOL .

Two weeks today, since last cut. Gonna attempt to cut the back with a push mower, through the soggy wet spots after work today.. It won't be pretty when done, but it will be cut. The front isn't too bad. A cut and trim will bring that up to snuff. 

My neighbor is coming over with his tractor and some boards, to help me pull my boat forward to dryer ground. 

Has never been this wet since I've lived here. Neighbor has been there 40+ years, and has never seen it so wet back there either. His property is slightly uphill from mine. He did thank me for draining his yard!! The smart azz.........

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, grampy said:

Two weeks today, since last cut. Gonna attempt to cut the back with a push mower, through the soggy wet spots after work today.. It won't be pretty when done, but it will be cut. The front isn't too bad. A cut and trim will bring that up to snuff. 

My neighbor is coming over with his tractor and some boards, to help me pull my boat forward to dryer ground. 

Has never been this wet since I've lived here. Neighbor has been there 40+ years, and has never seen it so wet back there either. His property is slightly uphill from mine. He did thank me for draining his yard!! The smart azz.........

yes this is an emergency situation - must rescue the boat! 

• Like 2

Quackgrass fight round 2 ! No chemicals have worked digging up the yard and pulling the root system. I’ve never seen anything like this before. I’ve asked lawn care companies and landscapers about this and they all have the same answer you’re  F***ed!

26CFE03C-75AB-4D4A-B5A7-0DB9E64E6CAC.jpeg

9558A6D9-68CF-4418-B374-6D55C22F42E9.jpeg

E744E338-8655-4BFB-A849-F8D4E76A9B84.jpeg

• Sad 2

Got everything trimmed and mowed yesterday. About an acre and and a half of tall thick grass, with the push mower. Still way too wet for the John Deere. Feeling the burn today though! The cows in the pasture next to me didn't seem to notice.

Most importantly, I got the boat up alongside the garage to start getting it ready!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sue that guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that the neighbor also lives next door to Nomad.  I am sure there are plenty of counterclaims to be asserted!  Visual nuisance of Nomad in his hot tub is the first that comes to mind.

• Like 3

We’ve got ,it worked out, I don’t complain when their dandelions encroach upon my, property , and they over look any stray arrows that end up in theirs .

Although the one guy once removed a large tall bush, root ball and all. He put it out at the road actually partway in it , as if the town would pick it up, it sat there for a couple weeks,till sometime in the middle of the night it ended up in his driveway right behind his car .

I heard it was very heavy and hard to drag .....

• Like 5

I think [mention=1547]TreeGuy[/mention] moves in up the road.  He likes pretty little yellow flowers.  
64F04B77-D064-4E51-9482-07E662259774.thumb.jpeg.7b5b153ac3c59f3257ff052c809e90a9.jpeg
U must learn to find the beauty in all things. They were placed there for a reason. Seems wrong to just spray them with harmful chemicals. Let em go and watch them grow.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TreeGuy said:

U must learn to find the beauty in all things. They were placed there for a reason. Seems wrong to just spray them with harmful chemicals. Let em go and watch them grow.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I knew it was you!

• Like 1

Weed n feed working on clover still. Dandelions all but gone. Biz inspired me to have a nice lawn this year. 022fab9615eb39ec48c243f96c23cf88.jpg&key=beefbbbeca0a3b690862ac7cc7db313c5ab2aa089fd4652edabfeeb3139a2e9c

I have already routed for Biz’s Red Sox and his Chiefs. I draw the line at falling for his nice looking lawn!!!!!

• Like 2