2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

Riding mower blew another engine I think I might invest in a cow instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cows will cut down on mowing time but for a more thorough cut you need goats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cows will cut down on mowing time but for a more thorough cut you need goats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Goats it is the. Because I just got back from camping the yard is a disaster and I don’t care.

Neighbor who’s flipping house I just saw first woodchuck ever in back yard of their house. Reverse Brazilian. I snow blowed their driveway all winter and they never noticed. Good karma and Anne Hathaway better move in ?! c1240ba0c975f80568ad735d78d210d4.jpg

• Like 3

My experience with Scotts stuff... works ok but way too expensive!

It’s about $100 cheaper than the lawn service and I haven’t been happy with them. The real reason my lawns not great is that I don’t water so in the unlikely event that Summer ever arrives it will look like crap again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Mow #14. 32 bags of mulch in.  32 to go 
1719DC99-B712-4469-9848-50881BB96806.thumb.jpeg.5fc86fcd09a260f04831ed992ae64183.jpeg
9CB9AC3A-ECBA-4D4A-8023-7D9DD0D7855D.thumb.jpeg.eaad5f7840b99395b9c1b4ae6c5eb3d4.jpeg
23891850-3A26-4725-B09B-25B701424CB1.thumb.jpeg.00d45213514289124a6f4a8cbf8c8c89.jpeg

Once the arms feel like jelly you can start packing 2 bags on each shoulder and carrying 4 at a time to dump

• Like 1

Got 300 feet of inlaid bricks , that go, around all the landscape and berms , been edging them ,although they have sunk over the years .

Next ill' order 14 yards of mulch , I get  that spread in a day , a long day .

Want to replace my board on board fence around patio, but Lowe’s carries plain , so so  fence , need to find a better source ,for two,tone semi private fence .

• Like 2

What a weekend at the new house...between moving friday and saturday.unpacking from friday-sunday.gutter cleaning at 7am and previous home owner used leaf's as mulch.hidious!!!spend most of the day raking sopping wet crap onto a tarp and dragging it across lawn to other side of fence,still not done!!!.will do a step by step once the g/f decides on how she wants it setup and lawn pics before and after i get it growing good.im beat.back to work tomorrow

20190603_184651.jpg

20190603_184642.jpg

20190603_184635.jpg

20190603_184616.jpg

• Like 3

I'm such a sucker for peer pressure. garage construction still has everything tore up. still the front I threw down some "Landscapers Mix" from Scott. We'll see how it does. Should've put down straw mulch but too cheap. Mowing continues. Plus I filled in several large holes. It being a foreclosure they may have set off sticks of dynamite before the original owners left. not sure what else would cause them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Got 300 feet of inlaid bricks , that go, around all the landscape and berms , been edging them ,although they have sunk over the years .

Next ill' order 14 yards of mulch , I get  that spread in a day , a long day .

Want to replace my board on board fence around patio, but Lowe’s carries plain , so so  fence , need to find a better source ,for two,tone semi private fence .

Are you going to use another board fence?or a vinyl .many choices 

5 minutes ago, Dom said:

Are you going to use another board fence?or a vinyl .many choices 

living on a farm painting fence over and over with white barn paint, i say take cost/bill right on the chin and put vinyl everywhere.  other part of me says save the baby seals and don't produce more plastic to end up in a landfill.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

d88a000e37baf6594f7e36e1d66d37cd.jpg

Tried to write Biz with mower but the lengths are different enough to see it well

Biz

could you take care of my goats for a week?  Maybe a temporary pen next to the pool?   Thanks buddy!

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Biz

could you take care of my goats for a week?  Maybe a temporary pen next to the pool?   Thanks buddy!

Are they full curl Rams or Billy Mtn. Goats? I'll dust off the Mathews

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tried to write Biz with mower but the lengths are different enough to see it well

Martians might land in your backyard, Biz.  They'll see the letter "B" you mowed into your grass and think that its crop circles.  You might get abducted never to be seen again.  If you stop posting on this site, we'll know what happened.

Edited by steve863

15 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hey Biz, how bout doing a Yankees logo next time????..................grin

• Like 4

Martians might land in your backyard, Biz.  They'll see the letter "B" you mowed into your grass and think that its crop circles.  You might get abducted never to be seen again.  If you stop posting on this site, we'll know what happened.

They dropped me off a few years back and never came back to get me.

Hey Biz, how bout doing a Yankees logo next time????..................grin

Teams that win 1 ring in 19 years aren’t deserving. That only leaves Cardinals, Giants, and Red Sox

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They dropped me off a few years back and never came back to get me.

Teams that win 1 ring in 19 years aren’t deserving. That only leaves Cardinals, Giants, and Red Sox

Red Sox it is. Can't wait for the photos.

• Like 1

TF 13 mows, wth man!! I did mow 4 yesterday. Got ambitious and took the zero turn out to the shooting plot to cut down the field. Yea still a tad wet. Got the zero turn buried lol had to get the son to pull me out with the ATV. Got stuck again by the blueberry spot. Flippin rain.........