2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

14 minutes ago, Fletch said:

^ Lunatic

image.png.6e14469d507057e27f117670e9fb4b28.png

My Pop was golf course superintendent for 43 years.  His and Moms garden n lawn the best in our village garden walk every year. After losing them both last year I’m dedicating devotion to our yard. I’m finding it relaxing and smiling to do it 

• Like 7

My lawn is crap from all the pines, but its greenish.  Just finished 2nd mow of the year.  Now to start a campfire to keep burning all the wood all over the place.
5858E6F4-D1BD-47AB-A880-8ADF73D62C48.thumb.jpeg.4614b7efcf2862e221fabfcb3374ecfd.jpeg
C2182B90-9737-47A5-B638-BBEE687EF346.thumb.jpeg.2d1423938c7a644ddad39129d2b3fc51.jpeg

Who cares about the lawn when you live in that beautiful log home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My Pop was golf course superintendent for 43 years.  His and Moms garden n lawn the best in our village garden walk every year. After losing them both last year I’m dedicating devotion to our yard. I’m finding it relaxing and smiling to do it 

Told you it’s very satisfying !

My lawn is crap from all the pines, but its greenish.  Just finished 2nd mow of the year.  Now to start a campfire to keep burning all the wood all over the place.
5858E6F4-D1BD-47AB-A880-8ADF73D62C48.thumb.jpeg.4614b7efcf2862e221fabfcb3374ecfd.jpeg
C2182B90-9737-47A5-B638-BBEE687EF346.thumb.jpeg.2d1423938c7a644ddad39129d2b3fc51.jpeg

How many acres you got? Do you hunt right there?

23 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Who cares about the lawn when you live in that beautiful log home

Thanks! Little at a time I am improving it to my style.  I had the exterior cob blasted, and restored in late summer.

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How many acres you got? Do you hunt right there?

I have 5, although I have sole permission on the 80ish out back.  I do hunt here, known as a difficult area to hunt, like a mini big woods in this area, thousands, and thousands of acres of pine woods here.  

• Like 1

I have 5, although I have sole permission on the 80ish out back.  I do hunt here, known as a difficult area to hunt, like a mini big woods in this area, thousands, and thousands of acres of pine woods here.  

85 acres, there’s gotta be something you can plant to draw them in. Even if you gotta E-Fence it till deer season starts. You live right there, take advantage!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

85 acres, there’s gotta be something you can plant to draw them in. Even if you gotta E-Fence it till deer season starts. You live right there, take advantage!

I hear you, trust me, but the owner of the 80 is a tree huggin weirdo....she does not want coyotes, or bear legally taken....can’t even use my ATV back on her side....I am shocked I even have permission to deer hunt.

• Like 2

I hear you, trust me, but the owner of the 80 is a tree huggin weirdo....she does not want coyotes, or bear legally taken....can’t even use my ATV back on her side....I am shocked I even have permission to deer hunt.

Plant on your 5, draw them off her 80?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Storm you gotta tighten up that green thing half way downstairs. It’s going wild

When I did it my self it always looked perfect much better got a gardener now the guy just doesn't keep up with it let's them grow out . I got to call  like every few weeks and remind him to trim .  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Plant on your 5, draw them off her 80?

I hear what you’re saying, the issue is, my house is 300’ off the road, and is dead center of property.  My thoughts are to add winter rye in some micro plots, since it sounds like it can grow in the lousiest of places.  I was even thinking of like shooting lanes made into plots, to maximize space.  I’ve been so busy working in my house that I cannot believe We are a week into June already! 

I really REALLY want apple trees out back.  A house about a thousand feet away down the road had a good 20 or so....trees all died a few years ago, now hunting is even more scarce as far as deer/bear sightings.....the deer used to pass on through to get to the trees.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1