2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

On 8/3/2019 at 9:41 AM, moog5050 said:

Going to be a big water bill.  Tough to keep a nice lawn this time of year   

yeah man. I really do it just to stop the weeds and crabgrass, plus the kids love to run around in them so I don't mind watering a little but we really could use some rain in Webster.

On 8/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jeremy K said:

I'm past my mid 30s and can still give 2 shits what my lawn looks like. 

and I don't have an issue with that, just like you shouldn't have an issue with those who do care about their lawn. I was simply trying to help explain why some of us do, not to put down those that dont*

*so long as you're at least mowing it and not letting it turn into a jungle. 

21 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

i imagine your A/C bill is going to go up without all that shade. why'd you cut her down?

Hated to cut it down was a great tree. But full of woodpecker holes and had a pretty good split.  Was worried about it coming down on house, truck or boat.

Spent most of day Sunday back and forth to landfill.6 trips with truck and trailer got rid of everything but the larger pieces that I am gonna put by the road for "free wood". 

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hated to cut it down was a great tree. But full of woodpecker holes and had a pretty good split.  Was worried about it coming down on house, truck or boat.

Spent most of day Sunday back and forth to landfill.6 trips with truck and trailer got rid of everything but the larger pieces that I am gonna put by the road for "free wood". 

i'd be there in a heartbeat if it was closer. nothing better than free wood :rofl:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pigmy said:

i'd be there in a heartbeat if it was closer. nothing better than free wood :rofl:

was hoping the hot neighbor would inquire.  But chances are she would just wear something low cut and ask me to deliver!  the wood that is.....the actual wood.  lol   And I would do it:heat:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Don't be surprised if a sketchy looking fellow named Wooly stops by for some wood.  He needs something to carve you know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Don't be surprised if a sketchy looking fellow named Wooly stops by for some wood.  He needs something to carve you know.

i totally thought about that this weekend.  Wished he was close by and i wouldve left the stump and just told him to have at it and create!!!!!!  But they just took the rest down today.  

Well I got the rest of the eml tree down  this morning . Bucked up . Ran to the rental center and got a big chipper shredder. 2 hours to chip up the limbs . Have a face cord and a half stacked and drying .  I'm done for the day .Going to be sipping a beer in front of a fire tonight ..

• Like 1