2019 Lawn Thread

BizCT

56 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'd love to have a beer with your neighbors 

Everyone mows their lawn in my neighborhood except my neighbor Peter. I call him "Peter Peter I dont mow my lawn neither".  Its usually 8" before town sends someone out and I assume he gets a bill.  I could care less it just makes my not so high end lawn look that much better.  Also I'm sure buckmasters neighbors are fun. I too will have a beer with them. 

Eat your heart out @Biz-R-OWorld. First mowing is on the books. Did probably close to an acre with the zero turn in a light drizzle rain. Even tamed some bushes in a way. Handful of trees are gone. Last one has to be for National Greed to take care of. Cant fell it in any direction as none of it is clear. Pretty sure the neighbors know we're hear now.

5d56a765bcf48b45e1629d63fa7819b1.jpg018bd876b157d77dfc1a7a00b699443a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kpkot said:

Everyone mows their lawn in my neighborhood except my neighbor Peter. I call him "Peter Peter I dont mow my lawn neither".  Its usually 8" before town sends someone out and I assume he gets a bill.  I could care less it just makes my not so high end lawn look that much better.  Also I'm sure buckmasters neighbors are fun. I too will have a beer with them. 

similar situation with a guy in my hood. worse is that they dont rake and me and my other 3 neighbors are downwind. so we get their leaves all winter long. I hate to sound like that guy, but it really does suck when all the homes are well kept and you get this one that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Eat your heart out [mention=871]Biz-R-OWorld[/mention]. First mowing is on the books. Did probably close to an acre with the zero turn in a light drizzle rain. Even tamed some bushes in a way. Handful of trees are gone. Last one has to be for National Greed to take care of. Cant fell it in any direction as none of it is clear. Pretty sure the neighbors know we're hear now.

5d56a765bcf48b45e1629d63fa7819b1.jpg&key=4c5f5bfdf597371b25581c85fdfe7a78f0d518a886b4bfa8e8570a74df22617f018bd876b157d77dfc1a7a00b699443a.jpg&key=fb17c51109a5402a1885d8d45b103c885c2199d51cd0419a1da2f570fa2b5523

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks like 0.18 acres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Looks like 0.18 acres

that's just the front which is around 200' x 60' minus the driveway. lol back yard is bigger, plus the rest of the side yards. i'll be mowing less when the 3 bay garage goes in.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Biz. It’s been 8 days since I mowed my backyard.

Barely beat the darkness after work and Had a little more clumping than usual. Don’t underestimate the leaf blower. I use to break any unseen small clumps. It’s like a blow dry after a haircut.

d417ca664f0934c0478e63f26125324a.jpg

Hello, my name is Biz. It’s been 8 days since I mowed my backyard.

Barely beat the darkness after work and Had a little more clumping than usual. Don’t underestimate the leaf blower. I use to break any unseen small clumps. It’s like a blow dry after a haircut.

d417ca664f0934c0478e63f26125324a.jpg&key=a1da5b24d15a693b98afe9726b2e703097e88fda70a47dfd79afd7d4360b1bf5

I do the same with the leaf blower to break up the clumps. I do it so the dog does not eat the clumps then throw them up in the house later.

• Like 1

Haven't cut mine in eight days. The back yard is so wet, I can't get back there without getting stuck or leaving ruts. Grass is getting high too.

Could really use some sun and wind at this point. But looks like more rain, just about every day for at least the next week. 

My yard looks like crapola. And will only be getting worse. Anyone got a few goats or sheep I can borrow? 

• Like 3

On 4/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, kpkot said:

Every time my wife and I are walking around the block and go by that house I instinctively give that over grown jungle a WIDE berth........so overgrown and dark I just wonder what lurks within. :)

You're a good neighbor to put up with Peter Peter IDMMLN.  And yes, I believe the Town will charge him but they'll put it on his tax bill and when he (or his decedents) sells the house, they'll have to pay up!! 

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

a83b77d325212155db820965195986dc.jpg&key=a915b1da392d0dd7f134a38fd68055fb5b48571235d9c8f8a10dd128eef739e0
Beat that Biz! 8th hole Rye Golf

My lawn is better but doesn’t get trampled by golf carts. How do you get on all these private courses?

I say we lock this thread up and start a new one mid June, then we'd all be on a level (er) playing field. 

You got no excuse. Moog counts as WNY and his lawn is a 10. TCIII strong lawn too

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Lol my lawn is a 6, but I’m on the Biz/Scott’s program and expecting great things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My back lawn is a 6 too.  Can’t figure out how to train the dog to use a toilet.   But I love her, even if she leaves yellow spots and other land mines.   

My lawn is better but doesn’t get trampled by golf carts. How do you get on all these private courses?

I’m the golf coach for school. Still to come...Fenway, Mt Kisco, Pelham, Blind Brook, Hampshire...not a bad gig!

• Like 1

My back lawn is a 6 too.  Can’t figure out how to train the dog to use a toilet.   But I love her, even if she leaves yellow spots and other land mines.   

It’s funny I have two dogs that only go out back and my back lawn is better than the front. The gas company dug up all of our lawns two years ago and they still haven’t quite come back. They put down crummy seed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m reverse. My back is usually better than front. Front is steep slope, so it’s tougher to maintain

I’m the golf coach for school. Still to come...Fenway, Mt Kisco, Pelham, Blind Brook, Hampshire...not a bad gig!

Nice! I played Hampshire many years ago. It was super wet, but could be nice I assume.