Crackhead

rachunter

I was into my mechanic’s shop today. When a car pulls up and a guy says “ha are you into knives” when I looked in the car this guy was tweeting big time so I said what do you have he opened a sneaker box with brand new knives in it. I saw a little browning box and said how much you looking for? He said twenty bucks for the whole box l got to get twenty. I said I’ll take them checked a few to make sure they where in the boxes. Ended up with 21 mostly cheapie knives and two 550 bracelets with feral rods built in them. It seems every few years I bump into one of these deal. Last time I got a $400 custom surf rod and reel for $74 bucks. 9bee55ad698baf8acf40a4bf500bbe02.jpge9f5b33b091faafa86e5fd650579ecaa.jpg38de689c6b1412c06ada5f89b5061dae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Every few years? How often are you in crackhead neighborhoods?

It wasn’t a crack neighborhood. He drove up to me in a parking lot. The guy I got the rod and reel from was in front of the bait and tackle shop that built the rod for him. That’s how I knew how much it was worth. I went to a pill heads house and bought all his tools for next to nothing.

I think you mean tweaking .....
Anyway , myself I don’t buy stolen goods .

I don’t know if he stole them or not he looked like he was just starting out in his new addiction. Kinda well dressed with a decent car. Most of the time these guys sell there stuff before they start stealing. But who knows.

As great of a haul as that is ł can't like the post.

Living in a tough neighborhood it's painful when you happen across people you grew up with that are wandering down that terrible path.

ł am no snowflake but it's a damn shame how out of control the drug problem is in our beloved country.

No man should have to put a pad lock with chain on his grill so it isn't stolen and traded out for a junkies next fix.

Can't blame the cops. They make good collars and then our judicial system fails us. 

• Like 2

I bought a 1200 dollar stainless exhaust for my Z28 for 300 bucks many years ago . The guy had some story about needing to put the stock exhaust back on for trade in but i can't help but think it was for drugs . It was the worst neighborhood i've ever been to ,things just didn't add up .

I lived in a Buffalo neighborhood where I witnessed a shooting in my side yard which resulted in my Grand Jury testimony, and on a different occasion my neighbor's house took a few rounds, and I saw a bullet hole in my porch post one morning. I also sat on my porch with a friend drinking beer while an episode of "Cops" was being filmed across the street.

Don't feed the a**holes no matter what. $20  is not a good deal to keep that going because you know damned well those knives weren't his.

• Like 1

I have a bad habit of not always locking my car door. Went out yesterday morning and my middle compartment was open-nothing stolen(chargers, pocket knives, sunglasses, etc) except a plastic bag of change I keep for the meter. Oh well- guess s/he needed it more than me (as Grandma would say).
Only thing I hate is the feeling that someone was in my car.

• Like 3

I know i'm fooling myself thinking they where his,but it is what it is. With all the knowledge we have in this day and age there's no reason for anyone to step foot on that path and there's plenty of help out there getting off that path it's all up to the individual. 

I know i'm fooling myself thinking they where his,but it is what it is. With all the knowledge we have in this day and age there's no reason for anyone to step foot on that path and there's plenty of help out there getting off that path it's all up to the individual. 

Not so sure it’s that easy for all even if that has been your individual experience. I’ve been to 8 wakes/funerals for past students who fell down a deep hole quickly or experienced foul crap during a “one time” night out(none over 22). Pulling yourself up by the bootstraps aint a possibility for some whose addiction gene reigns supreme.
  • Like 2

This BS had to stop.... I say shoot anyone who has anything to do with drugs .... Don’t care if it pot coke or pills enough.... Shoot a few of these ass wipes they well think before they use.... I have had 2 problems in my own family in the past year.... It is time to end this shit...

2 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

This BS had to stop.... I say shoot anyone who has anything to do with drugs .... Don’t care if it pot coke or pills enough.... Shoot a few of these ass wipes they well think before they use.... I have had 2 problems in my own family in the past year.... It is time to end this shit...

Um, shooting someone with an illness is a little harsh, don’t you think? Really?

Are you serious?

I'm kind of a knife enthusiast so I understand buying them as they would have been sold to someone eventually anyway.  The way I see it he took a bunch of assault weapons off the streets, why not take them!  Sorry but you stick a box of knives in front of me with what is mentioned above for 20 bucks and I will bite! 

Touchy subject as drugs put decent people in bad places.  So many affected by them today you do not have to be a criminal to get hooked on pills, often a sports injury or accident cause people to get hooked.  In addition to this you have the heroin epidemic that has spread like wild fire and shows no sign of stopping, affecting all with no regard to sex, race or religion.  Real easy to sit back and say they just made a bad choice and can fix it but the reality is the struggle they each face is individual and the demon usually wins.  Not so easy to say throw them in jail or punish them when a close family member or friend is affected.  Real issue I believe is how to stop it from getting to our youth, spreading and figuring out better help for those in need.  Shame we as a country have such an epidemic but we are not alone.

Big thanks to all our first responders and Police for doing a kick ass job at saving so many of these people in need!  Prayers for good will this Easter weekend to all! 

• Like 6

Not so sure it’s that easy for all even if that has been your individual experience. I’ve been to 8 wakes/funerals for past students who fell down a deep hole quickly or experienced foul crap during a “one time” night out(none over 22). Pulling yourself up by the bootstraps aint a possibility for some whose addiction gene reigns supreme.

I know but there’s always a glimmer of hope. I sometimes sit back a try to figure out how the hell I got out. Lucky I guess,but very thankful.

I'm kind of a knife enthusiast so I understand buying them as they would have been sold to someone eventually anyway.  The way I see it he took a bunch of assault weapons off the streets, why not take them!  Sorry but you stick a box of knives in front of me with what is mentioned above for 20 bucks and I will bite! 
Touchy subject as drugs put decent people in bad places.  So many affected by them today you do not have to be a criminal to get hooked on pills, often a sports injury or accident cause people to get hooked.  In addition to this you have the heroin epidemic that has spread like wild fire and shows no sign of stopping, affecting all with no regard to sex, race or religion.  Real easy to sit back and say they just made a bad choice and can fix it but the reality is the struggle they each face is individual and the demon usually wins.  Not so easy to say throw them in jail or punish them when a close family member or friend is affected.  Real issue I believe is how to stop it from getting to our youth, spreading and figuring out better help for those in need.  Shame we as a country have such an epidemic but we are not alone.
Big thanks to all our first responders and Police for doing a kick ass job at saving so many of these people in need!  Prayers for good will this Easter weekend to all! 
Rogan had a real good podcast talking about addiction. The hypothesis was addiction was a manifestation of other psychological issues. As a dad of two teenagers, and one that doesn't drink any more, with addiction issues throughout my extended family, it's the scariest thing for me today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Seems like the drug problem is considerably worse in smaller cities, towns and rural areas than it is in big cities. I grew up in NYC and never once used any sort of drug in my life.  Not even marijuana.  All it takes is some self control and not mixing with losers.  If you've got little to no self control and self worth not only will you be more likely to get mixed up with drugs, but you'll probably be a failure in many other facets of life also. The only person who will save you is yourself. My .02 on this matter.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Seems like the drug problem is considerably worse in smaller cities, towns and rural areas than it is in big cities. I grew up in NYC and never once used any sort of drug in my life.  Not even marijuana.  All it takes is some self control and not mixing with losers.  If you've got little to no self control and self worth not only will you be more likely to get mixed up with drugs, but you'll probably be a failure in many other facets of life also. The only person who will save you is yourself. My .02 on this matter.

I think more then anything drug abuse leads to a shortened life span and Depression.  

32 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Nancy Reagan and her DARE program would be proud of you LOL.

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Um, shooting someone with an illness is a little harsh, don’t you think? Really?

Are you serious?

Prison and rehab is not working.... I feel if people know there is a good chance they are gonna be killed they may think about it....I do not consider drug use or addiction an illness.... Like I said I have gone through this crap twice and I am done..

Edited by ny hunter