Band of Brothers

Jdubs

My Dad and the fathers of most of my peers while I was growing up served in WWII...Actually, my Mom did also....While Dad was dodging bombs and Kamikaze planes on a destroyer in the South Pacific,  Mom was serving as an Army nurse in a hospital in West Virginia,  helping patch up the boys who were wounded overseas...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

My dad served in WWII.  Was in France, Belgium, and Germany.  Got wounded twice, second time got him sent home. 

He would never watch a war movie, or talk about his time overseas. 

Band of Brothers is one of my favorite miniseries.  Full metal jacket is another one of my favorites. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great series, I watch it at least once a year. When my grandpa was alive I use to love talking to him about the war. He served from North Africa all the way through the Italian campaign. Participated in two beach landings and the capture of Rome. I have his dog tags and all of his metals in my gun safe. I was thinking of doing a photo with all of them, my M1 and his coffin flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3