Youth baseball thread

Zag

Seasons going well so far! I think he’s 6 games in so far, 2 rec league games, 1 13u, 2 12u games and 3 mod games. He has a perfect on base % for mod so far and im not sure the last time he struck out, its been a long time. Mod games tomorrow, Thursday and Sat plus he’s playing with the 12u team in a tournament in Buffalo so its gonna be a wild weekend with some back and forth travel and we cant wait!
What town...who is hosting the tournament in Buffalo?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Tough loss last night for my son's HS game,  but not from the lack of effort from this kid, came in on relief in the 3rd inning in a tuff spot with bases loaded and no outs (talk about being thrown to the fire), got us out of that inning and he went the remaining game with 9k's off the bump, two hits and two RBI's. Score 8 to 7. Love this game!!!

Screenshot_20210518-114307_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210518-114402_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210518-114416_Instagram.jpg

Edited by NYBowhunter
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We had a perfect perfect game tonight, 21 up 21 down 21 Ks! Clarence 12 Frontier 0. Pretty cool to watch! Our pitcher has faced 54 batters and struckout 51. One hit allowed, zero walks in three starts. Prettay..prettay....pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Channel 2 was talking about it this morning. Pretty impressive good for her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Tough loss last night for my son's HS game,  but not from the lack of effort from this kid, came in on relief in the 3rd inning in a tuff spot with bases loaded and no outs (talk about being thrown to the fire), got us out of that inning and he went the remaining game with 9k's off the bump, two hits and two RBI's. Score 8 to 7. Love this game!!!

Screenshot_20210518-114307_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210518-114402_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210518-114416_Instagram.jpg

Is Erasmus in that league?

18 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

No they are in the single A division, we are Triple A.

Got it. I know someone who knows the coach of their football team, which I guess is amazing so I was just curious.

Well son had a walk and single Tuesday, yesterday had 1 at bat and had a rare strikeout. I cant remember the last time he struck out. Mod has been just what I expected, 18 man roster, 16 play each game and they rotate. Its EOB ( equal opportunity baseball) still, tons of errors, not playing the best kids all the time. This is why I enjoy travel ball much more! Were off to a tourney in Buffalo for his 12u team!

• Like 1

Well son had a walk and single Tuesday, yesterday had 1 at bat and had a rare strikeout. I cant remember the last time he struck out. Mod has been just what I expected, 18 man roster, 16 play each game and they rotate. Its EOB ( equal opportunity baseball) still, tons of errors, not playing the best kids all the time. This is why I enjoy travel ball much more! Were off to a tourney in Buffalo for his 12u team!

Emma Kd three times last night, she had an entire season in travel where she swung and missed four times. D1 bound pitchers are the real deal lol. We had a great 2-1 extra inning win over Lancaster, two star pitchers battled it out

Where in Buffalo?

So my 8 year old had a double header Saturday starting at 9. Brutal humid day and the kids played hard. Lost a close one in the morning. We had 45 for lunch and the kids started to warm up before game 2 and my kid took one to the nose. BLOOD EVERYWHERE. A bunch of 8-10 year olds did not handle it too bad, very supportive but you could tell it rattled them. My little guy was generally doing ok but not in the mood to play and was just sitting in the dugout with an icepack.

After an inning or so the other coach and I thought it looked crooked so the wife took him to urgent care. After a 90 minute wait the PA said it looked ok and to come back in 2 days if still crooked or painful lol. If it didn't look broke we wouldn't have brought him, but i think it was just the swelling. He was fine that afternoon and we played catch and practiced hitting on Sunday. He's started to move out of the way to catch the ball to his side but his attitude is good.

Being a dad is never dull.

• Like 3

My daughter had her third game Saturday. We have 4 coed teams and I help coach our team. Our kids have come so far in just a few practices and 3 games. The kids that could hit, now hit better. And the kids that couldn’t are now hitting the ball.
Their gloves are getting in front of the ball more and they are still having fun. I love it. I work on their batting forms and swings as well as field play and direction of the ball. I love my Saturday’s more than ever now. We were supposed to have picture day Saturday but the kids either showed late or left early. I have to give my hats off to these coaches, they are all younger women. I couldn’t believe it, hardly a father figure anywhere until a game then a couple show up.

We don’t do outs, they all hit once per inning through the lineup, and after 4-5 swings and misses they get the T .. then take the field. My little girl put 1 in the outfield and 2 ground balls to short stop. And she loved this sport. LOL proud dad here. She’s def one of the top 3 if not the top player on the team. She puts forth the effort and isn’t out there building dirt angels or sand castles LOL. fdffcb9c9f0d32e440a31397a88796cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

My daughter had her third game Saturday. We have 4 coed teams and I help coach our team. Our kids have come so far in just a few practices and 3 games. The kids that could hit, now hit better. And the kids that couldn’t are now hitting the ball.
Their gloves are getting in front of the ball more and they are still having fun. I love it. I work on their batting forms and swings as well as field play and direction of the ball. I love my Saturday’s more than ever now. We were supposed to have picture day Saturday but the kids either showed late or left early. I have to give my hats off to these coaches, they are all younger women. I couldn’t believe it, hardly a father figure anywhere until a game then a couple show up.

We don’t do outs, they all hit once per inning through the lineup, and after 4-5 swings and misses they get the T .. then take the field. My little girl put 1 in the outfield and 2 ground balls to short stop. And she loved this sport. LOL proud dad here. She’s def one of the top 3 if not the top player on the team. She puts forth the effort and isn’t out there building dirt angels or sand castles LOL. fdffcb9c9f0d32e440a31397a88796cf.jpg

Thats awesome! I miss those days!

Well his team lost in the semifinals. Team went into Sunday 3-0. The challenge with weekend tournaments is having enough pitching for all 3 days. Usually by Sunday you have had to use most if not all of your good pitchers and Sunday was no different. Saturday my son pitched 3 innings 8k’s, 1 hit and zero walks. Sunday in the first inning the starting pitcher had given up a run and then loaded the bases with no outs and they put my son back in. 2 more runs came in unearned that inning but did well getting out of the jam. 
His hitting was ok, he’s making contact at every at bat, but he has been gets on top of the ball a lot, he’s off by just a smidgen, basically he hits the ball and it hits the ground out in front of home plate and then goes flying as he hits the hell out of it. One at bat it hit the ground then the ball flew into the outfield. So we’re working towards getting this fixed somehow:-(. 

• Like 1

Love that!!!

3 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

great pic

1 hour ago, Zag said:

Well his team lost in the semifinals. Team went into Sunday 3-0. The challenge with weekend tournaments is having enough pitching for all 3 days. Usually by Sunday you have had to use most if not all of your good pitchers and Sunday was no different. Saturday my son pitched 3 innings 8k’s, 1 hit and zero walks. Sunday in the first inning the starting pitcher had given up a run and then loaded the bases with no outs and they put my son back in. 2 more runs came in unearned that inning but did well getting out of the jam. 
His hitting was ok, he’s making contact at every at bat, but he has been gets on top of the ball a lot, he’s off by just a smidgen, basically he hits the ball and it hits the ground out in front of home plate and then goes flying as he hits the hell out of it. One at bat it hit the ground then the ball flew into the outfield. So we’re working towards getting this fixed somehow:-(. 

Baltimore Chop!

Opening Day tonight Yanks vs. A's in the Lakeview Pee Wee coach pitch division. Lineup card is set.....National Athem around 6:15 and then the fun begins. Everyone bats once and inning but if an out happens that player does not stay on the bases like tee ball. It's like the night before opening day of deer season right....can't wait to fly outta work and get to the fields!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 3