Youth baseball thread

Zag

Opening Day tonight Yanks vs. A's in the Lakeview Pee Wee coach pitch division. Lineup card is set.....National Athem around 6:15 and then the fun begins. Everyone bats once and inning but if an out happens that player does not stay on the bases like tee ball. It's like the night before opening day of deer season right....can't wait to fly outta work and get to the fields!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

The best!!! One opening day my daughter sang the National Anthem before the opening game that my boys were playing in. we let the twins be on different Rec teams that season (Great decision - double time at the field for us!). They both pitched to each other. My recollection is that they beamed each other but my wife said I made that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Bats were hot tonight....
My oldest launched a line drive to the woods to end the game. The most fun was had after the game when the teams did a relay race......kids, parents, and grandparents were going nuts. It was awesome to see families gather again!! There wasn't a mask to be seen for miles!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

A senior on my kid’s team (going to play at NYU next year) pitched another 7 inning compete game shut out - 18 strike outs, 2 hits, 2 walks...picked off one of the walks and got the final two out on a line drive double play. He also drove in the only two runs of the game in the 5th for the good guys.
Last game he pitched he had 17 strikeouts.

Mid 80s on the gun is overpowering at this level - throw in a pretty good slider and it’s a recipe for a bunch of K’s

• Like 2

A senior on my kid’s team (going to play at NYU next year) pitched another 7 inning compete game shut out - 18 strike outs, 2 hits, 2 walks...picked off one of the walks and got the final two out on a line drive double play. He also drove in the only two runs of the game in the 5th for the good guys.
Last game he pitched he had 17 strikeouts.

Mid 80s on the gun is overpowering at this level - throw in a pretty good slider and it’s a recipe for a bunch of K’s

Send him south!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Section 1 Class B Championship today for my boy’s varsity team. Been a wild road to get here for them including a walk off win on Wednesday afternoon which was a game that started Monday and was suspended due to darkness in the top of the 10th. Bottom of 11th walk off sac fly to win it.
And then a walk off win Thursday in the 9th. TONS of extra baseball!!! Should be a good little pitchers duel today with our ace and their number 2 on the bump.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Section 1 Class B Championship today for my boy’s varsity team. Been a wild road to get here for them including a walk off win on Wednesday afternoon which was a game that started Monday and was suspended due to darkness in the top of the 10th. Bottom of 11th walk off sac fly to win it.
And then a walk off win Thursday in the 9th. TONS of extra baseball!!! Should be a good little pitchers duel today with our ace and their number 2 on the bump.

GL!

So the mod season is over as of almost 2 weeks ago. Its kind of a joke imo, large roster, equal playing time, kids playing positions they have no business playing!!
13u team is up and running. Played 4 games and won 3. Heading to Lancaster today to play the hawks which our coach said is a strong team!! Somehow the coach put him in the 9th spot in the batting order  (he is the 2nd youngest player on the team) my wife and i kinda scratched out head on that one but don't say anything of course. Well coach texted the boys the line up for today and he moved our kid to 5th, as he has the 2nd best batting avg. Hopefully he will continue getting hits!

8 minutes ago, Zag said:

So the mod season is over as of almost 2 weeks ago. Its kind of a joke imo, large roster, equal playing time, kids playing positions they have no business playing!!
13u team is up and running. Played 4 games and won 3. Heading to Lancaster today to play the hawks which our coach said is a strong team!! Somehow the coach put him in the 9th spot in the batting order  (he is the 2nd youngest player on the team) my wife and i kinda scratched out head on that one but don't say anything of course. Well coach texted the boys the line up for today and he moved our kid to 5th, as he has the 2nd best batting avg. Hopefully he will continue getting hits!

kids playing positions they have no business playing!!

Dude relax ,it's kids baseball LOL

1 minute ago, Jeremy K said:

kids playing positions they have no business playing!!

Dude relax ,it's kids baseball LOL

Dude when the kids are 7-12 yrs old, move them around 100%. Kids that are now teenagers and have played baseball for many yrs need to understand you have to earn things now. Watching routine ground balls go between the 3rd baseman’s legs is ridiculous at this point.

Btw I’m relaxed thanks

Dude when the kids are 7-12 yrs old, move them around 100%. Kids that are now teenagers and have played baseball for many yrs need to understand you have to earn things now. Watching routine ground balls go between the 3rd baseman’s legs is ridiculous at this point.

Btw I’m relaxed thanks

Modified baseball (well all modified sports) is for middle school students to continue to play with their school friends before things get “serious”
I don’t see the logic behind putting kids in a position to not be successful however. That’s not fun for anyone.
The coaches in the program in my district have the ability to move MS kids up to JV/V if they feel it’s the right place for your kid and their program.

• Like 1

Today was a fun. We were up 18-0 in the first game (top of the 3rd) them the coaches decided to start the game over and play 4 inning. This game was way better and we won on a walk off double.

Sons hitting really well so far, went 3 for 3, one hit could have been a triple but he held up at 2nd, had a walk and hbp. He increased his batting avg to just under 600 and is 2nd best on the team. 8th grader is just ahead. 
After an hr ride home he insisted we go the the local fields so he could hit  more ball until dark. Yes I’m exhausted!!

6-2 loss in the Sectional championship today. Opposition played clean defense and touched up our #1 pitcher pretty good. It did not help that a key member of the Infield and Line up ditched for a showcase instead of staying with his team. “No
I in team but there is a “ME” for that kid”
Pathetic

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

6-2 loss in the Sectional championship today. Opposition played clean defense and touched up our #1 pitcher pretty good. It did not help that a key member of the Infield and Line up ditched for a showcase instead of staying with his team. “No
I in team but there is a “ME” for that kid”
Pathetic

What could be more important then a sectional game ?

Showcase for colleges to get that D1 free ride or maybe straight to the pros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s what people think however, the D1 ride finds you. If you need a showcase you are not a full ride D1 player.

• Like 2