Youth baseball thread

Zag

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

He made it! Marlins in 1st round.

The first overall pick is from Westchester County (Fox Lane HS before Louisville).

Who says the northeast doesn’t have talent? I think 7 and 8th picks were from northeast too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, great observation!! 

Came back this past weekend from a Massachusetts tournament with my 17yr. Old, unfortunately we lost 2 days of ball playing due to rain. Was suppose to be a 4 game guarantee but due to weather teams got to play 2 games. Due to only 2 games the coaches wanted to get all the PO a chance to showcase thier stuff so we're only given 2 innings a piece . My boy started the first game, pitched 2 innings, 4 strikeouts, 1 hit and gave up no runs.  Was suppose to be in Gerogia for a tourney all this week but we opted out, heading to a tourney on Rhode Island the end of this month.  My 12 year old will be on Long Island  all weekend with his team for a tourney. Fun, fun all around!!!

Screenshot_20210713-090155_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-090046_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-092316_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-092238_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-092428_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210713-092409_Gallery.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We had a riot in Oswego this weekend, went 5-1 and lost in the semis but more importantly we parents ate at great restaurants, drank a lot of beer, and are looking forward to doing it all over again in Pittsburgh this weekend!

That's what it's all about, same here while in Boston we did site seeing with kids and parents, a bunch of us went to  Fenway and watched the Red Socks get destroyed (always fun). Good eating and drinks. 

• Like 1

For an update on my Daughter possibly joining 10U Travel.... They couldn't get us much information at all except and I quote "a tournament over memorial day weekend and July 4th weekend and maybe some others" 

They had so little information on travel that even the Coach couldn't get any information and backed out. 

So in the end she staying with the 8U house team and they are holding optional practices every Tuesday for those that want to come out. We went last week and she was 1 of 5 girls to show up. The best part is those 4 others that showed up are her best friends so she basically got to practice and goof around with her best friends for an hour and a half. 

• Like 3

That's what it's all about, same here while in Boston we did site seeing with kids and parents, a bunch of us went to  Fenway and watched the Red Socks get destroyed (always fun). Good eating and drinks. 

We will hit the Pirates game Saturday

For an update on my Daughter possibly joining 10U Travel.... They couldn't get us much information at all except and I quote "a tournament over memorial day weekend and July 4th weekend and maybe some others" 
They had so little information on travel that even the Coach couldn't get any information and backed out. 
So in the end she staying with the 8U house team and they are holding optional practices every Tuesday for those that want to come out. We went last week and she was 1 of 5 girls to show up. The best part is those 4 others that showed up are her best friends so she basically got to practice and goof around with her best friends for an hour and a half. 

It takes a while for a tournament schedule to come together. You gather everyone's availability and then pick the weekends but most families wont know until spring what their summer schedules will look like

21 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It takes a while for a tournament schedule to come together. You gather everyone's availability and then pick the weekends but most families wont know until spring what their summer schedules will look like

I can understand that and if there was some communication back and forth explaining that then it might have been different but it was unfortunately us and the coach asking all the questions to the league and not getting answers back. This year was the coach's first year coaching house league and the upcoming travel season would have been his first year coaching travel so he even wanted to know what was going on before committing.   

A lot of unhappiness in our program. As I stepped up to coach after the coach dropped out for my sons 9u travel team. We are the B team supposedly not as good as the A team. Well my boys won more games in regular season than the A team and has won more games than any B team at any age in our associations history (6) and we are playing for the league championship next week. We played the A team  Monday in the rain and guess what we won8-2. I had A parents come up to me after the game and said I want my son on B next year. All I was thinking when they were talking was you were the ones that said if my son isn’t in A we are pulling him. I’m not bragging because we could fall apart next season and I have no control on who gets put on my roster. But I’m all set with my kids. To all parents out there if your son or daughter happens to land on the b or even c team let them play and develop. Don’t be cocky we all want our kids to be on the best team. But it’s about reps not sitting in the bench.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Cory said:

A lot of unhappiness in our program. As I stepped up to coach after the coach dropped out for my sons 9u travel team. We are the B team supposedly not as good as the A team. Well my boys won more games in regular season than the A team and has won more games than any B team at any age in our associations history (6) and we are playing for the league championship next week. We played the A team  Monday in the rain and guess what we won8-2. I had A parents come up to me after the game and said I want my son on B next year. All I was thinking when they were talking was you were the ones that said if my son isn’t in A we are pulling him. I’m not bragging because we could fall apart next season and I have no control on who gets put on my roster. But I’m all set with my kids. To all parents out there if your son or daughter happens to land on the b or even c team let them play and develop. Don’t be cocky we all want our kids to be on the best team. But it’s about reps not sitting in the bench.

Well said Cory, I’ve experienced watching kids go from great to good and good to great each yr. I know a local kid who hit home runs like nothing last summer and this yr can’t do much right. Its interesting to see how each kid (DEVELOPS) differently and at different times. 

Did we not discuss yet another SE kid going to the show….

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/mountpleasant/sports/duke-graduate-student-from-westchester-drafted-by-chicago-cubs/812525/

Northeast is STORMING the MLB

On a separate note, I watched my kid go 0-2 during live BP at a St John’s showcase tonight…that was fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/mountpleasant/sports/duke-graduate-student-from-westchester-drafted-by-chicago-cubs/812525/

On a separate note, I watched my kid go 0-2 during live BP at a St John’s showcase tonight…that was fun!

Relax. Hitting a baseball is like unplugging a refrigerator. It will come back to him

Relax. Hitting a baseball is like unplugging a refrigerator. It will come back to him

Too soon, man…too soon!
I seriously considered t-boning a spotted fawn today with the mini-van just to make a single cheesesteak…where is that bow opener countdown thread!

• Like 1

Too soon, man…too soon!
I seriously considered t-boning a spotted fawn today with the mini-van just to make a single cheesesteak…where is that bow opener countdown thread!

9/15 in CT

Has he considered rowing crew instead?

On 7/16/2021 at 12:39 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

We lost our first pool
Play game in 2021
Today, 2-1, i better not have to get up early on Sunday!

Hell of a run!!

• Like 1

Things have been busy for us. We were in Lake Placid/Tupper Lake for a wood bat tournament this past weekend. His 13u team went up against 14u teams going 2-1 but it wasn’t enough to make it to Sunday based on runs for and against. This weekend were in a tourney at Niagara University so that should be fun!

Couple weeks ago we went to a PBR tryout event in Cortland, this tryout is for the opportunity to go represent a team from NY in the futures games for kids 2025 and 2026. So there were a ton of kids that came to the event, I think around 60 kids. Ben had the highest batting exit velocity for his age group at 76 mph! Anyways they take 15 kids and he got an invite so we’re heading to GA soon. I hear its a pretty amazing place with PBR teams from all over. I don’t expect him to do really well as he’s pretty young but it’s gonna give him some good experience  and challenges that will make him better as we wander along with this baseball journey. 

• Like 3

Things have been busy for us. We were in Lake Placid/Tupper Lake for a wood bat tournament this past weekend. His 13u team went up against 14u teams going 2-1 but it wasn’t enough to make it to Sunday based on runs for and against. This weekend were in a tourney at Niagara University so that should be fun!

Couple weeks ago we went to a PBR tryout event in Cortland, this tryout is for the opportunity to go represent a team from NY in the futures games for kids 2025 and 2026. So there were a ton of kids that came to the event, I think around 60 kids. Ben had the highest batting exit velocity for his age group at 76 mph! Anyways they take 15 kids and he got an invite so we’re heading to GA soon. I hear its a pretty amazing place with PBR teams from all over. I don’t expect him to do really well as he’s pretty young but it’s gonna give him some good experience  and challenges that will make him better as we wander along with this baseball journey. 

My friends son was also in Niagara

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zag said:

Good luck this weekend.  My daughter is a senior at Niagara.  Some good restaurants down the road in Lewiston.  The best one was a BBQ joint that caught fire last year I believe.  Good luck this weekend!!!

• Like 1