Youth baseball thread

Zag

She doesn't want to play in college and I understand it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Game one in the books. 50 min ride one way in the rain to watch them play in the cold and the rain BUT they won 14-11 and my daughter had a good time. It was nice seeing her with friends and teammates laughing and having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

My son broke some toes tonight. He’s has to go see an orthopedic surgeon in a couple days to see how much damage he actually did. 4 games into the season and he’s batting 1.000. With 2 walks. He really dedicated himself this winter . He eats sleeps and breaths baseball. Hopefully it’s only 4-6 weeks. There goes my lineup…

9836E23D-1717-4620-A38F-3498EC9E48CD.jpeg

• Sad 1

My son broke some toes tonight. He’s has to go see an orthopedic surgeon in a couple days to see how much damage he actually did. 4 games into the season and he’s batting 1.000. With 2 walks. He really dedicated himself this winter . He eats sleeps and breaths baseball. Hopefully it’s only 4-6 weeks. There goes my lineup…
9836E23D-1717-4620-A38F-3498EC9E48CD.thumb.jpeg.d1fb182e073f0866d6ec38f632b8b08d.jpeg

Damn. I suggest wearing cleats instead or crocs to play! Get well soon!

• Haha 1

Son had first practice of town ball Monday. Also little league minors on Tuesday. My wife talked him into it. Didn't waste my $95. Not to hate but both teams have bad news bears written all over them lol. Little leagues first game is Saturday after only three practices. Should be fun to watch. He's hesitant about little league he doesn't know anyone and nobody talked to him. Town ball are all the same kids he played with last year and knows them from school. I told him get out there and introduce yourself either they want to talk to you or they don't. Let the traveling begin lol practicing 4 times a week and game Saturday.

• Like 2

This is our final year of travel and I'm not ready for it to be over bd9cec83d557632aa4d988d4afc00a3f.jpg
8476e9cdd000133733d399073dcc3168.jpg
7852b6778e36e647ef297827e69fe1a2.jpg
6e6b795981722d0ebac4741e594f6223.jpg
33ab468715718a340714ff7f7ea94c55.jpg
4333c396673fe7b67cb97ded340deb00.jpg
20223cd76d48ec39a16db888c9b45b6a.jpg
23d226b96006539cafa1844f9cbe2914.jpg
c6ef722cb469d4babbee6c85d7b3154a.jpg

I don’t like any of this “my last Monday of HS” or “my last HS musical” or “last chiral concert”
Closer she gets to graduating the harder it gets!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Last regular season baseball game for school today. My kids on the bump trying to finish off a pretty strong pitching season: 6-0, 2.27 ERA, 55 strikeouts and only 6 walks(my favorite stat).
They are currently the 1 seed so should grab a bye Monday.
I haven’t seen him pitch in weeks due to my golf coaching schedule- 5:15 start today and I have a local match…hoping to catch some of this one today.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Last regular season baseball game for school today. My kids on the bump trying to finish off a pretty strong pitching season: 6-0, 2.27 ERA, 55 strikeouts and only 6 walks(my favorite stat).
I haven’t seen him pitch in weeks due to my golf coaching schedule- 5:15 start today and I have a local match…hoping to catch some of this one today.

He's due for a no hitter! hopefully you make it for the final out (backwards K)

• Like 1

He's due for a no hitter! hopefully you make it for the final out (backwards K)

While I’m sure that is on his mind(it’s the same team he 1 hit last week), at least HE is smart enough to not talk about it!!!!

May I suggest you call in Dead to the golf match......

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

12U is now 4-0 

8U is now 2-0 

Both close games. My oldest still does not have a hit. She swings way to late and way to slow. This is only her second year playing and she did not play the last 2 years. So it's a big difference from the last time she played in 8U to now 12U. She will get there eventually but she will never be a superstar but that's ok by me. She has fun and gets the team together to cheer on and do there weird chants. @The_Real_TCIII knows what I'm talking about. 

The youngest was 3-4 in her first game and 4-4 in her game tonight. They are still using machine pitch but for as little as she is she sure puts some anger into those swings. LOL 

• Like 3

I'm afraid to ask.... but did they win? 

He finished the regular season 7-0…4 shut out innings, 54 pitches, 7 strikeouts and 4 hits today (3 of which occurred during the 1 inning I saw!)
Playoffs start Monday and they are the 1 seed so hoping for a bye.

• Like 1

12U is now 4-0 
8U is now 2-0 
Both close games. My oldest still does not have a hit. She swings way to late and way to slow. This is only her second year playing and she did not play the last 2 years. So it's a big difference from the last time she played in 8U to now 12U. She will get there eventually but she will never be a superstar but that's ok by me. She has fun and gets the team together to cheer on and do there weird chants. [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention] knows what I'm talking about. 
The youngest was 3-4 in her first game and 4-4 in her game tonight. They are still using machine pitch but for as little as she is she sure puts some anger into those swings. LOL 

My niece is finishing up her softball career at Colgate…they still cheer and chant like maniacs!!!

My niece is finishing up her softball career at Colgate…they still cheer and chant like maniacs!!!

Are they still big rivals with Crest and Sensodyne?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Moho81 said:

12U is now 4-0 

8U is now 2-0 

Both close games. My oldest still does not have a hit. She swings way to late and way to slow. This is only her second year playing and she did not play the last 2 years. So it's a big difference from the last time she played in 8U to now 12U. She will get there eventually but she will never be a superstar but that's ok by me. She has fun and gets the team together to cheer on and do there weird chants. @The_Real_TCIII knows what I'm talking about. 

The chants end at 14U and then fire up again at 16U lol. I know them all by heart

We finished a suspended game against Lancaster last night. Emma was on with a one ball count and a runner on third. Shes been sweating this at bat for two weeks. Her coach told her she was bunting and she said let me hit, I will absolutely get that run in and thankfully she did lol. Then a sweet catch at the 4:45 mark. The second game against Lancasters all world pitcher was 1-0 us with 2 outs and two strikes in the seventh and we blew it, which really hurts in the playoff seedings

• Like 2

The chants end at 14U and then fire up again at 16U lol. I know them all by heart

We finished a suspended game against Lancaster last night. Emma was on with a one ball count and a runner on third. Shes been sweating this at bat for two weeks. Her coach told her she was bunting and she said let me hit, I will absolutely get that run in and thankfully she did lol. Then a sweet catch at the 4:45 mark. The second game against Lancasters all world pitcher was 1-0 us with 2 outs and two strikes in the seventh and we blew it, which really hurts in the playoff seedings

Nerves of steel to play 3rd base for fast pitch softball.
And while the CF made a glorious play, can we check the pulse of the RF’er?!?

Well kid had second practice it went great. Coach said this kid should be on majors. Hitting and fielding went great. Coach wants him to try him out for pitcher he said no. He said we need another pitcher and it fits you. He'd rather play 2 nd or short or outfield. Coach told him he has a great chance of getting called up after this weekend. Fingers are crossed. He's got his confidence back after getting cut. Got his jersey and hat tonight. Thanks guys for advice to getting him to stick with it. He's proud as a peacock in it. Got # 1. Just got to keep practicing 

IMG_20220512_192103998_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

• Like 4

Great to see so many families playing ball!! Love seeing the posts!

My kids has been hitting ball just not solid ones yet, trying to get hands / knob to ball and more on plane. Pitched well the other day, 1 hit, 1 run, 2 walks and 7k’s thru 4 innings. 
Just got home from his strength and conditioning coach workouts. Guys was a former ball player and works mostly with baseball kids, he’s been really impressed with his size and strength. Coach came out in the parking lot to say hi and said he did 255lb on the track bar, me having no idea said back, is that good? He looked at me like with a weird l can’t believe u asked me that question look and said yeah for an 8th grader that’s really good! 

• Like 2

Nerves of steel to play 3rd base for fast pitch softball.
And while the CF made a glorious play, can we check the pulse of the RF’er?!?

They literally cant see a thing in the evening at our field, its brutal. CF is told to come get anything they can