Youth baseball thread

Zag

2 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Opening day of Plattsburgh Little league. Son's team lost 6-4. He was 2-2 batting ànd made alot of good fielding plays. He had fun.

Went to school there many moons ago! Sounds like he had a good game!!!

• Like 1

George Kirby,, SE boy from Rye, NY pitching for Mariners against the Mets right now…a touch rattled but cool as $hit to see a local kid who I saw pitch in high school (my nephew faced him three times-0-2 with a walk) in The Show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

George Kirby,, SE boy from Rye, NY pitching for Mariners against the Mets right now…a touch rattled but cool as $hit to see a local kid who I saw pitch in high school (my nephew faced him three times-0-2 with a walk) in The Show

That's the spot to be......pitchers get paid!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

12U house team entered a tournament this weekend. Turns out it's all travel league teams in this tournament. The girls have been getting there a$$'s handed to them. 

First game 3 innings and a mercy rule 

Second game 2.5 innings and a mercy rule

All we can say is hey this is what the next level looks like and it take's hard work and dedication to get to where they are. I was worried that this experience would have an negative effect on them. That is until the rain came and snacks came out and they got to talking with one of the other teams in the middle of all of it. Ton's of laughter and goods time's in the end. 

We had the coach's and there daughter over for dinner as our kids are best friends. Hardly a word of softball was spoken and we all had a good time.   

• Like 3

My buddy coached Michael King in little league and hes killing it for the Yanks, its awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12U house team entered a tournament this weekend. Turns out it's all travel league teams in this tournament. The girls have been getting there a$$'s handed to them. 
First game 3 innings and a mercy rule 
Second game 2.5 innings and a mercy rule
All we can say is hey this is what the next level looks like and it take's hard work and dedication to get to where they are. I was worried that this experience would have an negative effect on them. That is until the rain came and snacks came out and they got to talking with one of the other teams in the middle of all of it. Ton's of laughter and goods time's in the end. 
We had the coach's and there daughter over for dinner as our kids are best friends. Hardly a word of softball was spoken and we all had a good time.   

Your house team became a travel team

Just now, The_Real_TCIII said:

Your house team became a travel team

So apparently this is the first ever softball team from Alden that has ever gone to a tournament. Which is cool but holy cow the talent is on an entirely different level. We now play tomorrow morning one last time the worst teams against each other. 

I must say at the end of the 2 games the opposing coaches both had very nice and encouraging things to say to our girls. 

Judging by the giggling going on in the other room by two teammates this weekend means very little and I am way over thinking everything.

So apparently this is the first ever softball team from Alden that has ever gone to a tournament. Which is cool but holy cow the talent is on an entirely different level. We now play tomorrow morning one last time the worst teams against each other. 
I must say at the end of the 2 games the opposing coaches both had very nice and encouraging things to say to our girls. 
Judging by the giggling going on in the other room by two teammates this weekend means very little and I am way over thinking everything.

Hopefully it was a cool experience and they all got a shirt, some Dip n Dots, and the desire to get to that level and do it again! This reminds me, Ive gotta get my wagon down and rotate the tires for our upcoming tournaments!

• Like 1

bb45d93889044a05860f5e97bc605493.jpg
b14b05d3e675324e6b2aa1159d21258b.jpg
2 for 5, but left 3 runners of base. Scout from Oklahoma University was there but didn’t seem impressed. Looks like I’ll have to pay for college after all

• Like 4

2 for 5, but left 3 runners of base. Scout from Oklahoma University was there but didn’t seem impressed. Looks like I’ll have to pay for college after all

Excellent! This thread needs more girls!

• Like 1

I saw a parent / ump argument posted on twitter the other day and heard about a local coach freaking out because a ball was called follow. 

Please don’t be one of these parents. Its a terrible look. 

• Like 1

I saw a parent / ump argument posted on twitter the other day and heard about a local coach freaking out because a ball was called follow. 

It’s getting worse and worse man. I don’t get these guys and women who are trying to recreate their youth.

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

It’s getting worse and worse man. I don’t get these guys and women who are trying to recreate their youth.

Yeah its nuts and leagues need to adopt zero tolerance for the parents and the coaches. 

Edited by Zag

Hopefully it was a cool experience and they all got a shirt, some Dip n Dots, and the desire to get to that level and do it again! This reminds me, Ive gotta get my wagon down and rotate the tires for our upcoming tournaments!

Shirt. Yep.

Dip n dots. No.

Neither my daughter or her friend even wanted to play this morning. They felt it was pointless because they where just going to lose again.

While they weren’t wrong because they did lose. It was a much better game that went all the innings and no mercy rule!

Oh and my daughter still does not have a hit.

4 hours ago, BizCT said:

Wow she’s getting big!! 

• Like 1

It’s always been bad. I used to umpire as a 16 year old kid. I would ump 12-14 year olds. $30/game. Almost every game I had to deal with half the parents loving me and the other half crying/cursing

Allow me to take the contra positive:

As an umpire you are the adult and you are officiating kids. If you are capable(many are not) and deal with the kids fairly and do the best you can for them there are little problems. When an umpire confronts a player (this is mostly for HS situations) now there is a problem and I have seen it often. Kids are emotional and act irrationally. Ignore them and their parents …they are kids and their orients are fools. Most times parents get involved is when another adult (official) challenges/threatens their kid and I don’t blame them. If that’s the case, there is always a supervisor to remove that parent and when they are quietly told to remove a parent, it ends there.

Stop interacting with the crowd and coaches.

I have coached every level from 5 year olds to HS varsity in 6 different sports and worked “security” for countless other sports and games …. Be adults-remember where you are and why you are there. But, officials need to remember who they are and why they are there too.

• Like 1

4/4 today and a big convincing win. The boys needed it they are now 2-8 on season...but being a new team put together only this fall they are making huge strides.

Best part of today my son was chosen by the other teams coaching staff as our player of the game. This day in age when everyone gets a participation trophy these kids are hard pressed to know what it actually means to earn something . His mother and I were so proud that he has worked his butt off since November, stayed committed, and most importantly hasn't given up during some of the tough losses/learning experiences.
ab09468acbb34581f3151ec2ef9ab744.jpg

• Like 6

4/4 today and a big convincing win. The boys needed it they are now 2-8 on season...but being a new team put together only this fall they are making huge strides.

Best part of today my son was chosen by the other teams coaching staff as our player of the game. This day in age when everyone gets a participation trophy these kids are hard pressed to know what it actually means to earn something . His mother and I were so proud that he has worked his butt off since November, stayed committed, and most importantly hasn't given up during some of the tough losses/learning experiences.
ab09468acbb34581f3151ec2ef9ab744.jpg

I love that - when the other team recognizes your kid you know he stood out! Congrats!

• Like 2

Well son had second game of little league season. Had a lead of single off kid pitching only kid to hit off pitcher throwing. Second time up got walked pitcher wouldn't throw over plate to him. Lots of runs on walks for both teams. Game started at 6 and they played 3 innings 745 they called it. Not many hits so fielding was lacking till coaches started pitching one inning. Nothing was hit to him. Kids lost  7-6. Some didn't even want to play. Can understand on cool damp evening. Glad he's doing good and trying to enjoy it at this level. Coaches weren't happy with kids performance and they let them know it. 2 practices tomorrow one for town and one for little league. 

So kids school team is moving on. My boys pitched a complete game, 102 pitches, 6 hits, 1 run, 9 ks, 2 walks BUT he’s not feeling good. He pitched through some pain yesterday and woke up feeling some pain so he saw the trainer today. Thankfully she thinks it’s a bicep tendinitis an he needs to ice and manage the pain a thankfully it’s not rotator cuff or labrum but I’m still not sure his coach will run him out there again much to his chagrin. Tough patch - he’s day to day to see how he feels. We shall see

• Like 3