Youth baseball thread

Zag

Oldest plays Wednesdays and Saturdays. last night was rained out and they had memorial day off so now there's a double header on Saturday and the kids haven't played in a week and a half. At least it's not supposed to be hot. I also start my last of 4 seasons coaching t-ball on Saturday which is basically just herding cats haha

She needs to lay down a bunt to break the slump.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

They worked on bunting during one practice. She has as good of a chance hitting the ball on a full swing as she does bunting. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update......I am on the edge of my seat.....this girl needs a hit.

12U won so they are now 8-1. My daughter went 4 for 4. 4 at bats 4 walks. Lol. In the 4 at bats I don’t think she swung a single time and I really think she only had one good pitch that she could have swung at.

Most of the hits the girls had where on bad pitches that they went for anyways. It will happen. She’s looked better the last 2 games and was able to hit a couple in the pregame warmups.

Daughter's team got past Section X Massena last night in Sub-Regionals. Scored her first Varsity runs which was exciting. Playing Section III winner New Hartford in state quarters tomorrow at Carrier Park.  

Any of my softball guys in CNY have info on New Hartford lol

• Like 2

Well school ball wrapped up last night. Team had a 5th inning rally to come back and win, finishing the season undefeated. Son was one of just 2 starting pitchers and did very well. He gave up very few hits and runs. 

Travel games star tomorrow in Tonawanda at noon. Let the chaos begin!!

12U won so they are now 8-1. My daughter went 4 for 4. 4 at bats 4 walks. Lol. In the 4 at bats I don’t think she swung a single time and I really think she only had one good pitch that she could have swung at.

Most of the hits the girls had where on bad pitches that they went for anyways. It will happen. She’s looked better the last 2 games and was able to hit a couple in the pregame warmups.

4 walks would technically be 0-0 with 4 walks. But she’s getting on base!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Even with my limited baseball knowledge I’m well aware. Consider my 4 for 4 remark the same as someone long arming an animal for a good picture.

Gotta make her look better than she is. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Even with my limited baseball knowledge I’m well aware. Consider my 4 for 4 remark the same as someone long arming an animal for a good picture.

Gotta make her look better than she is. Lol.

Anyone else find it odd that softball is overruling baseball in this youth sports thread? I'm glad to see either but I find it funny/maybe sad if the boys are off doing other things besides baseball....I fear lax taking over some spring/summer Boys' teams

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Anyone else find it odd that softball is overruling baseball in this youth sports thread? I'm glad to see either but I find it funny/maybe sad if the boys are off doing other things besides baseball....I fear lax taking over some spring/summer Boys' teams

It's mostly because I've been bored with the rest of the forum 

Lax is huge.......love baseball and glad both my sons are currently playing baseball but they haven't figured out yet they are missing the summer lax season since it is the same nights as baseball. I can see a choice being made to commit to lax or baseball in the next few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

I don't have a son, but if I did it would be hard not to push lacrosse for an easy ride D1. and I love baseball! Those top teams are loaded with SENY/Tri-state players. Maryland's undefeated historic season and their best Defenseman is from Yorktown. I remember watching him dominate in football, but lacrosse was the easier free ride. 

Edited by BizCT

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Lax is huge.......love baseball and glad both my sons are currently playing baseball but they haven't figured out yet they are missing the summer lax season since it is the same nights as baseball. I can see a choice being made to commit to lax or baseball in the next few years.

My kid slings a lacrosse ball into a net nearly each day and has never played it. It’s deff on the back of his mind but me being a baseball guy I dont say a word about lax.

• Like 1

It's official, college made the announcement over the weekend of my boys commitment to CMSV. You guys with young kids in ball,  can't even begin to explain the work it takes to get to this point, so proud of my boys love and dedication to a sport he adores. 

Screenshot_20220606-112922_Instagram.jpg

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

It's official, college made the announcement over the weekend of my boys commitment to CMSV. You guys with young kids in ball,  can't even begin to explain the work it takes to get to this point, so proud of my boys love and dedication to a sport he adores. 

Congrats! I noticed he had a complete game but also only 15 total innings? Is he mostly a reliever?

d97dd0d26f7ffdb99f76e34692013840.png
Lacrosse yesterday. Coach from
John’s Hopkins was there. He said Olivia can play as a freshman but the NIL deals weren’t anytbing special. I advised her not to commit yet

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

I don't even want to know what it takes. House ball is enough work lol

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

I don't even want to know what it takes. House ball is enough work lol

Yes stick with house ball for as long as you can,  travel ball / showcases/ tourny's can wait until they are teenagers and at that point can decide for themselves if that's what they want and assuming the ability is there.

Screenshot_20220606-112922_Instagram.thumb.jpg.84067ee4d1007c83444e53b51f2dd9de.jpg

Outstanding!! My daughter got a card from their softball coach at a tourny in Pa

• Like 2

@NYBowhunter small world! I just checked the CMSV roster and I grew up with the head coach. We lived in same town and played little league, travel team, and through high school baseball growing up with the head coach (before I quit after sophomore year to drink/party).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

Yes stick with house ball for as long as you can,  travel ball / showcases/ tourny's can wait until they are teenagers and at that point can decide for themselves if that's what they want and assuming the ability is there.

my oldest is all in on football. He enjoys baseball, but the drive isn't there and I think kinda like me, he will eventually let it go as more and more stuff fills up his plate, but who knows. I just believe my job as a dad is to keep him engaged in stuff and like you said, let him figure it all out.

• Like 1