Youth baseball thread

Zag

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

We didn't have opening day until 5/21......we would have needed waders to play the first few weeks of may.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

yeah we lost some practices because of cold and rain but they do some indoor stuff to get going. We had double headers the last 2 saturdays as well to make up for rain outs. 7 year old is probably going to lose tonights game with the storms they're calling for. 

We have another little league game tonight. And little league game and town ball game on Saturday at same time so we're going to play the town ball game since we missed last Saturdays game for them. Well see if Brantley gets the call as starting pitcher tonight against team who didn't want him at start of season. 

Well little league game made it to top of second before they called it for thunder. We tied Brantley went 1-2 with a RBI. Both hits lined out to start game to 1st. Then he started pitching tonight and walked a few and 1 hit. He gave it his best he's not a pitcher did what coaches asked. He got down on himself when coaches talked to him on mound he pulled himself out of game was supposed to play short but he took it hard. He didn't want to disappoint me. He didn't. I'm very hard on him cuz I want to make him better then me. Probably a trait the army instilled in me. His team and coaches all cheered him up after my wife went to see him and he broke down. He loves the game so much and plays to the best of his ability. The coaches have complimented me and him they know the hard work we put in outside of practices and games. I'll admit we've never worked on pitching cause he never showed interest. Thought he'd want to catch like me but he's satisfied with short 2 nd 1 st and right field. I'm happy with that. It was hard for me to watch my son struggle tonight. But in the end he learned from this. He's not selfish or self centered his reason for leaving game was he didn't want anyone to see him cry. I can attest pitching is a hard position and a lot of pressure. Sorry for rambling on let me have it for being to hard.

• Like 1

Are you in the Hudson mohawk travel softball  league by chance 

Me? No. This is the GLOW softball league. Genesee. Livingston. Ontario.Wyoming counties.

They dropped the first game. They where not themselves. Struggled both offensively and defensively. Next game at 1:30 against the best team in the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brantley had a town ball game this am. They won 11-5. He was 1-1 lead off single then hbp and a walk. The boys played a good game with the wind and drizzle and cooler temps. Missed little league game cause they had same game times. 2 little league games left then town ball till July 25. Been a long season already.

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Me? No. This is the GLOW softball league. Genesee. Livingston. Ontario.Wyoming counties.

They dropped the first game. They where not themselves. Struggled both offensively and defensively. Next game at 1:30 against the best team in the league

Ok we are in the Hudson mohawk one. Albany County area . June and July booked solid with games and tournaments 

Good luck to them 

Won their last game which is their last game of the season now that they won’t be playing tomorrow. My daughter went the whole season without getting a single hit. Oh well it’s something to work on over the summer with her.

• Like 1

We are 3-0 in pool play in the Eden 10u tournament. Our last game we were up 4 in the last inning they score 5. Bottom of the inning they walk our first 2 batters. Then the next two kids watch strike 3. Now 2 outs runners on 2nd and 3rd my son is up and rips the first pitch into center field . Walk off . Such a great feeling as coach and dad! Hopefully we can pull it off tomorrow.

• Like 4

We are 3-0 in pool play in the Eden 10u tournament. Our last game we were up 4 in the last inning they score 5. Bottom of the inning they walk our first 2 batters. Then the next two kids watch strike 3. Now 2 outs runners on 2nd and 3rd my son is up and rips the first pitch into center field . Walk off . Such a great feeling as coach and dad! Hopefully we can pull it off tomorrow.
How did you guys finish out? We had an 8u travel game at 8am in OP this morning or I would have headed out to catch a few innings.

19 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

How did you guys finish out? We had an 8u travel game at 8am in OP this morning or I would have headed out to catch a few innings.

We lost to south Buffalo in the semi finals. All in all it was a great weekend . The boys definitely gained some experience. We have grand island tournament this weekend. We got a real tough draw so I am curious to see the team against the cream of the crop in WNY.

• Like 2

Oldest team put a hurt on the 1 seed and head to the championship game Wednesday. Please pray for storms because dads out of town for work and super bummed he’s going to miss it.

Also he had a triple and doesn’t care that it took 2 error to get him to 3rd and won’t hear differently haha

• Like 1

Oldest team put a hurt on the 1 seed and head to the championship game Wednesday. Please pray for storms because dads out of town for work and super bummed he’s going to miss it.

Also he had a triple and doesn’t care that it took 2 error to get him to 3rd and won’t hear differently haha

Is someone doing GameChanger at least?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

We have a marathon week ahead of us. Travel practice tonight, house games Tues and Wed. Then 8u Battle at the Falls Thurs.-Sun.