Youth baseball thread

Zag

12u is all done for the year so that leaves us with 2 games of 8U left. Last night was the first of those two games. They where down 7-0 in the third and rallied back to win 10-9. Their batting was off for the first couple of innings then they found their groove.

My daughter went 4-4 and had some pretty good fielding again.

I’m looking forward to it being over for the year but I’ll also miss going to the games and watching them play. Last game is Wednesday but the coach mentioned trying to get together a little tournament with the 3 Alden teams this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We have a tournament in Cleveland weekend after next and are going to see the Yanks/Guardians. (Guardians, awful name)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last time we went to Cleveland we couldn’t remember where we parked the car. It was a scary walk around to find the car. Good luck in the tournament.

1 hour ago, Cory said:

Last time we went to Cleveland we couldn’t remember where we parked the car. It was a scary walk around to find the car. Good luck in the tournament.

The entire state of Ohio is a dump

8U won last night finished the season at 9-1 and had the best record in the league. No trophy or anything exciting happened. The coach bought them all ice cream at the local joint after the game and got them all a medal and a copy of the team photo.

I made sure to shake all the coach’s hands and thank them for coaching and making it a great year.

• Like 2

Since switching to a composite bat my daughter has hit three triples. Last night she hit her first inside the park home run, another triple ,double and a single in a 13 to 12 loss heart breaker.  That was after receiving nys attorney General award at her moving up ceremony.  Proud parents day for sure .

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Since switching to a composite bat my daughter has hit three triples. Last night she hit her first inside the park home run, another triple ,double and a single in a 13 to 12 loss heart breaker.  That was after receiving nys attorney General award at her moving up ceremony.  Proud parents day for sure .

These bats and a good swing = power!

• Like 1

These bats and a good swing = power!

Do you remember Miken composite bats and blue dot softballs in Men’s league? I used to play shortstop in the outfield grass. Rockets!

28 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Do you remember Miken composite bats and blue dot softballs in Men’s league? I used to play shortstop in the outfield grass. Rockets!

The smallest guy on our team hit a ball that rolled onto the 290 when we played at Expressway in Tonawanda, it was unbelievable

image.png.a53809641f2329cfe32611db91008c8a.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The smallest guy on our team hit a ball that rolled onto the 290 when we played at Expressway in Tonawanda, it was unbelievable

image.png.a53809641f2329cfe32611db91008c8a.png

No bullshit I hit one onto the 290 off of that diamond! I sure do miss my softball days. I played on some real good teams! 

• Like 3

Well little league season is over. Kids played in heat today to a tie with other team. Parents made final decision it was time to go. Brantley went 3-4 all singles and 3 rbis on day couple good defensive plays. After game he thanked his coaches for the great season. His head coach told him he would not be on that team next year cuz he expects Brantley to move up next year if we're still here. He said Brantley was a late add on to the team which benifited there team. He also said Brantley lead off the batting order with a hit or a walk in every game. He had nothing but great things to say and they both coaches great while season. There team also got to meet the old timer who sponsored the team and gifted the kids there hats and jerseys plus a pint of maple syrup. Uncle Jack's sugar shack! Now to focus on town ball. He'll get a break while we vacation 28 june-july 8 in st Simons island.

• Like 3

7eb188a92e1d01492079a9eb6043120c.jpg
Showcase At Bucknell today-beautiful school. 3 hour drive down wasn't bad...harder on the way home!

5 innings-85 pitches
4!ks, 3 walks, 3 hits, 2 earned runs.
Pretty good except for the 0-2 hanging slider that was a basin clearing triple.

3 at bats, ground out, walk, deep fly ball to the track and caught.

• Like 2

Grand island tournament today. We held the best team in the area to 6 runs thru 3 innings and knocked them out of first place due to run differential. Boys showed some serious fight today! Yes we got 10 runned but it shows our progress.

• Like 1

Brantley had town ball practice tonight. Well his bat he bought on his own is dead also another bent Louisville slugger. Done now wondering why his hits were not going for doubles. No pop again. Both coaches have said stuff. Thinking bout switching to composite. Now only 27 in. Want to wait but got traveling tryouts in September for next year if we're here. Now headed to Georgia tomorrow. Watching trouble with the curve. That's called trouble with the curve jackass. Love it.