Youth baseball thread

Zag

Brantley had town ball practice tonight. Well his bat he bought on his own is dead also another bent Louisville slugger. Done now wondering why his hits were not going for doubles. No pop again. Both coaches have said stuff. Thinking bout switching to composite. Now only 27 in. Want to wait but got traveling tryouts in September for next year if we're here. Now headed to Georgia tomorrow. Watching trouble with the curve. That's called trouble with the curve jackass. Love it.

Welcome to the world of $350-$450 little league bats-it sucks but them bats work!
Wood bat tourneys get fun (and expensive) when they get older

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Brantley had town ball practice tonight. Well his bat he bought on his own is dead also another bent Louisville slugger. Done now wondering why his hits were not going for doubles. No pop again. Both coaches have said stuff. Thinking bout switching to composite. Now only 27 in. Want to wait but got traveling tryouts in September for next year if we're here. Now headed to Georgia tomorrow. Watching trouble with the curve. That's called trouble with the curve jackass. Love it.

I was wondering why I haven’t seen any Brantley Bomb’s on ESPN lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Look at your local Walmart....I found a 29" -12 Rawling Threat there marked down to 115.00 from 160.00

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Welcome to the world of $350-$450 little league bats-it sucks but them bats work!
Wood bat tourneys get fun (and expensive) when they get older

We always bought the previous years model, which were about half as much and basically just a different color

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We made it back for Brantley's town ball game today after a vacation. They won 15-9. He went 3-3 2-2 off kids pitching 1-1 off coach. 2 singles and a double 3 rbis. He crushed the ball today using a team provided bat. Made some good defensive plays in field. I'm getting ahold of Louisville slugger bat company to see what they can do about his 2 month old bat that is dead no pop. He paid for it with his own money from holidays. Hopefully they can do the right thing and reimburse or try a new bat. We're going bat shopping again soon. He'll have his own before the travel team try outs in September and they practice all year round so he'll be ready.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:31 AM, mlammerhirt said:

Lake View u8 took home gold in the Cal Ripken bracket of the Battle At the Falls Toury. This crew battled out of the basement to take home some hardware. ce2f8372953cb6b7ab7c893cddfc7684.jpg

We play in lake View tomorrow in our 10u travel semifinal. Good little organization you have !

Ended up winning the Wester New York Premier Copper division.
Beat the Central Amherst team 21-5 in the championship game.
The boys played outstanding and the bats were on fire today. Combined total 37 runs scored and 5 given up over two games today. be7968ca93cf151b286322bdf5da7206.jpg

• Like 7

Well I wanted to post updates along the way but its just been to damn busy!

Season is going well for Ben. Team has been struggling a bit for a bunch of reasons. We have been all over with tournaments. This week we’re heading to Lake Placid for a wood bat tourney. Then next Thursday starts a PBR tournament in Toledo OH.

Son tried out for the PBR Jr Futures games in Cortland last week. If selected he would go to LakePoint in Georgia at the end of the month. 
He ended up doing extremely well and was picked!

He played 2 simulated games. First game the opposing pitched was throwing 79/80 fb, kid struck out the first 5 batters, I was anxiously watching Ben the 6th batter as he loves fast pitchers. Anyways he hits oppo shot down the right field line for a triple! Big sigh of relief knowing ur kid did well in that spot. Next at bat was a ground out. 3rd at bat was another triple right center one hop to the fence. Now I'm feeling like he did well enough for an invite.

2nd game: first at bat was another right center field triple, next a check swing hit to 2nd baseman, last at bat was another right center field triple. It was a wild day watching him do so well. Went 4-6 all triples. He was pumped afterwards, I’ll never forget that day no doubt!

So after Ohio we head to Georgia for the week as he represents team NY. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Zag said:

Season is going well for Ben. Team has been struggling a bit for a bunch of reasons. We have been all over with tournaments. This week we’re heading to Lake Placid for a wood bat tourney. Then next Thursday starts a PBR tournament in Toledo OH.

Son tried out for the PBR Jr Futures games in Cortland last week. If selected he would go to LakePoint in Georgia at the end of the month. 

He played 2 simulated games. First game the opposing pitched was throwing 79/80 fb, kid struck out the first 5 batters, I was anxiously watching Ben the 6th batter as he loves fast pitchers. Anyways he hits oppo shot down the right field line for a triple! Big sigh of relief knowing ur kid did well in that spot. Next at bat was a ground out. 3rd at bat was another triple right center one hop to the fence. Now I'm feeling like he did well enough for an invite.

2nd game: first at bat was another right center field triple, next a check swing hit to 2nd baseman, last at bat was another right center field triple. It was a wild day watching him do so well. Went 4-6 all triples. He was pumped afterwards, I’ll never forget that day no doubt!

4 triples in bonkers. Congrats!

3 minutes ago, Zag said:

Yeah, it was just crazy to watch. Fortunately I video every at bat so I have them!!

When I was kid those camcorders with the viewing screens just came out. My late grandfather would tape all my at bats. I would watch them between at bats. and man umpires were so bad!

• Like 1

Town ball game tonight. Brantley went 3-3 2 rbis. Played great defense at 2 nd 1 st and 3 Rd base. There team won in bottom of 6 against another saranac team. Friends against friends they had fun and put on a show. 2 games to go till end then travel try out in September. Me and him practicing till then or till I have my hip replacement. He'll be ready and know what there looking for this time around.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 2:13 PM, Zag said:

You'll be at the Adirondack lighting showcase? We have a local team playing there. Kangaroo court the Roos. 

Update from the world of "showcase" baseball! So boring!
My kid, entering Senior year, has pitched at Bucknell, U of RI, couple of places in Jersey and is heading to St Joseph's in Philly this weekend. Sometimes he gets 4 innings, sometimes a full game "in front of scouts" from schools. The Bucknell one was good- played two games against a good team and then toured the campus-beautiful place! Most are a joke with no coaches there or not paying attention if they are.

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Update from the world of "showcase" baseball! So boring!
My kid, entering Senior year, has pitched at Bucknell, U of RI, couple of places in Jersey and is heading to St Joseph's in Philly this weekend. Sometimes he gets 4 innings, sometimes a full game "in front of scouts" from schools. The Bucknell one was good- played two games against a good team and then toured the campus-beautiful place! Most are a joke with no coaches there or not paying attention if they are.

Might be better off taking the slot $ instead of the mandatory 3 years in college. Matt Holliday's son is going through the same dilemma right now. Play at OKST for his Uncle and Dad or go to the minors. We'll see where he goes sunday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

You'll be at the Adirondack lighting showcase? We have a local team playing there. Kangaroo court the Roos. 

All I know is thats its a wood bat tourney and were playing up at 15u teams

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BizCT said:

Might be better off taking the slot $ instead of the mandatory 3 years in college. Matt Holliday's son is going through the same dilemma right now. Play at OKST for his Uncle and Dad or go to the minors. We'll see where he goes sunday.

Also Lou Colliers son also , Andrew Jones son. All three will go top 10 and sign on the mlb dotted line. 

Draft sure has changed. A junior college 17 year old going top 10 just sounds weird. 

For you guys with kids going to college soon, if they don't find their spot or receive an offer they like, there are more and more kids finding success at the JC level then transferring or being drafted more then ever.

You don't need to play at an elite college to attract eyes these days is my long winded point. 

• Like 2

Also Lou Colliers son also , Andrew Jones son. All three will go top 10 and sign on the mlb dotted line. 
Draft sure has changed. A junior college 17 year old going top 10 just sounds weird. 
For you guys with kids going to college soon, if they don't find their spot or receive an offer they like, there are more and more kids finding success at the JC level then transferring or being drafted more then ever.
You don't need to play at an elite college to attract eyes these days is my long winded point. 

Great point. His "problem" is he's also a good student and wants to go to great academic college...those are hard to play for cause once great ball players miss the strong D1, they go for the career college and use baseball to get there. Super competitive everywhere

Started a local WNY 8u tourny tonight in South Buffalo. Big win over the host team 7-5. The boys played a great game defensively and the bats were popping when needed. Early to bed and back at it for 8am game in the morning. 4d7b15839e300c5d1d55f8ffb1952d60.jpg

• Like 3

Started a local WNY 8u tourny tonight in South Buffalo. Big win over the host team 7-5. The boys played a great game defensively and the bats were popping when needed. Early to bed and back at it for 8am game in the morning. 4d7b15839e300c5d1d55f8ffb1952d60.jpg

Id like to see everyone on the field warmed up at 6:45 please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1