Youth baseball thread

Zag

Ok guys let’s stop bashing the umpires! I am an umpire and pride my self on consistency  (we’ll try too). I’m not too keen on calling the extreme outside pitch a strike. I work with guys that call that. It’s not the outside pitch’s that I don’t like to see it’s the shoulder hight strikes. I will admit I will call the strike below the knee! If an umpire calls high strikes I my opinion causes bad mechanics in the kids game.  
Thank goodness most high schools in my area of wny are upgrading to turf fields because this rain sucks! I feel bad for these kids that can’t play.

I think it’s pretty cool that you’re legally blind but still hunt and fish, good for you man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

We had an ump try to EJECT a 7th grade today for excessive contact at a play at the plate. Kid slid into the catcher who was slightly off the line. Clearly out and then he starts violently ejecting this kid. Catcher says, “for what? It’s all good!” Thankfully the base ump overruled the ejection(ever see that before!).

Calling balls and strike is Such a hard job especially when you have kids bouncing balls all around you and catcher diving out of the way. I absolutely appreciate the effort of all inks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a catcher who blocked home amazingly. You wouldn’t allowed to run thru the catch like the pros could years ago. I can’t tell how you many times I (SS) took a relay from the OF and threw home and the runner beat my throw but couldn’t slide into home because he was stuck against shin guards and then tagged out lol.

Ok guys let’s stop bashing the umpires! I am an umpire and pride my self on consistency  (we’ll try too). I’m not too keen on calling the extreme outside pitch a strike. I work with guys that call that. It’s not the outside pitch’s that I don’t like to see it’s the shoulder hight strikes. I will admit I will call the strike below the knee! If an umpire calls high strikes I my opinion causes bad mechanics in the kids game.  
Thank goodness most high schools in my area of wny are upgrading to turf fields because this rain sucks! I feel bad for these kids that can’t play.

Get off your knees, you’re blowing the game! That got me ejected a few times but I still love it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get off your knees, you’re blowing the game! That got me ejected a few times but I still love it

Asst Varsity coach just had an altercation with balls and strikes. Ump said something like, “what the hells your problem coach?” Coach- “do I look like your wife? Don’t curse at me!”
Not ok....but made me chuckle some-sorry Cory

• Like 2

Went 3-4 with 3 rbi's in the first game. Picked the first two and gave up a ton of hits and runs. I told him your throwing strikes and good pitches. 

Nice day at the dish- all he can do is pound zone at this level and let chips fall where they may- walks kill!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Nice day at the dish- all he can do is pound zone at this level and let chips fall where they may- walks kill!

Well said, I think he only gave up one walk. 

First game ever of her little league career of course it was 50 and drizzling. She went 1-2 with a little blooper back towards the pitcher but it was all that was needed to drive a run home with the bases loaded. It was the only run of the game and her first RBI and first game ball. I think she’s hooked now!
63e6a138e28e2d2c89b33fdc49185893.jpg

• Like 4

Back to baseball....
Most stressful evening for me as both my boys were behind the plate for two separate games at the same time. I stood in centerfield of both fields(which is also the T-ball field) and felt like I was at a tennis match! One had a questionable zone but good energy; the other had a pretty consistent zone but needs a Red Bull or double espresso before he does another game.

First game ever of her little league career of course it was 50 and drizzling. She went 1-2 with a little blooper back towards the pitcher but it was all that was needed to drive a run home with the bases loaded. It was the only run of the game and her first RBI and first game ball. I think she’s hooked now!
63e6a138e28e2d2c89b33fdc49185893.jpg&key=1456b0e5822136c8a0214ac00b48edf9c4335bac42c62e537ea948c52a898d18

That ump in pink has no mask? She’s gonna take a 112mph foul ball off her teeth!

That ump in pink has no mask? She’s gonna take a 112mph foul ball off her teeth!

Funny you say that. She took a mishandled catch off the shoulder/cheek area. Of course it wasn’t fast or hard and she was fine. She owns the local ice cream stand and she still treated all the kids to free ice cream.

• Like 3

Played first game for his other team, it was ugly all around, got badly beat and only made it 3 innings before they called it. He struck out both times after fouling off multiple balls.

Our pitcher got rocked in the head by a line drive yesterday, really scary. They took her right to the hospital she’s got a mild concussion. They wear the mask but of course you turn your head instantly

• Like 1

Our pitcher got rocked in the head by a line drive yesterday, really scary. They took her right to the hospital she’s got a mild concussion. They wear the mask but of course you turn your head instantly

I took a few line drives off the body from the 46ft mound but luckily never in the face