Youth baseball thread

Zag

Tonight went well, first at bat a hit into r center and thru the legs of the outfielder and coach sent him to 2nd but they got him out. Struck out the 2nd at bat and hit a double the third time and ended with 2 rbi's. Played 3rd base most of the game and made multiple outs.

• Like 4

I’m itching for youth baseball- last Sunday was a washed out double header; school game cancelled yesterday (not sure why) and tomorrow does not look promising either for the scheduled double header at Randal Island NYC...Dump of a venue that floods when a dog pisses in the vicinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Randalls island, my boy when not playing HS ball will be in a queens league and a few of our games are scheduled at Randalls island. 

Bring shade tents for the blistering sun AND winter coats for the freezing wind off the water....sometimes you need them both on the same day! That place is brutal

Great pic!!! Lose the collar shirt or he’s getting wedgies in the dugout!!!

I love it! His birthday was last week so we celebrated with family today and he got various baseball themed gifts. The kid was so excited next thing I know he is dressing in full uniform dragging his uncle outside to take BP! I died laughing when I saw the polo under his jersey.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Big night....finally no rain. First ever game....this kid was pumped all day. Proud dad.....3 for 3 with 3 rbi's..lol! e47a47976a8191bb5a9ffaccd5a5e7b5.jpg&key=387efccb0ba995324c146908a126bdc5ce1198c6b280fd10fc07db1302e70668b3044e5538cbc45216cafd53f8696bbc.jpg&key=56526677d1bd13c2022a036043e6a94fa27b33c91a43516eee7d995065529842

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Awesome. Now just need a different hat next season!

First game was a fun one. Down by 1 bottom of the 6th, my son's up first, hits one between left field and center for a single, steals to 3rd and scores on a wild pitch to tie. Couldn't get anything else going. Go into extra innings and win. Son went strike out, 2 hits but was out both times and a single to keep us in the game. Pitched 2 decent innings. Next game at 5

• Like 1

First game was a fun one. Down by 1 bottom of the 6th, my son's up first, hits one between left field and center for a single, steals to 3rd and scores on a wild pitch to tie. Couldn't get anything else going. Go into extra innings and win. Son went strike out, 2 hits but was out both times and a single to keep us in the game. Pitched 2 decent innings. Next game at 5

Are you at a tourney? Local or one of the big ones(Aberdeen; Baseball Heaven; Simone nation etc)

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Are you at a tourney? Local or one of the big ones(Aberdeen; Baseball Heaven; Simone nation etc)

Local game, c Ripkin isn't until aug

• Like 1

Well tonight was a travel team game, pitched 1 inning before getting yanked, struck out the first 2 batters then couldn't throw a strike. Walked the first at a bat, struck out the 2nd at bat and then hit a 2 run home the last at bat. 2 games tomorrow pending thunder storm's.

• Like 1

Spring travel done for my boys as they got bounced in the first round of playoffs tonight 6-2. One pitched as his brother caught. It may be the one place and time they don’t fight...too much.
Sloppy defensive game for us and both my boys each had one of the RBIs as the team’s bats couldn’t get the real big hit (left bases loaded twice). On to the summer!

• Like 1