Youth baseball thread

Zag

This mornings game was ugly. He only batted once and struck out. No one did very much, they won by 12. This afternoons game was good, were up by 2 runs with just over an inning left, they called it due to weather delays and the fact another game had to be played so we're at the fields at 7:15 am. He hit a nice one to center field that I thought was gone but it landed at the fence. 

• Like 1

Tough day for us...split 1-1 for the day. Guaranteed to NOT play Monday so just 1 game tomorrow for us. One kid caught both games and went 1-3(got robbed on a smoked line back at the pitcher who clipped it with his pitching hand right to the SS).other boy was 0-3 reached on error and sac fly RBI and struck out looking - NOT OK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished the game from last night which we win, so back to the fields in a few hrs, if we win the next game we play in the championship game. He hit a double and and a rbi to finish up the game.

From Brooklyn to East Brunswick,  NJ for a 2 day USABL Memorial day tournament and we swept all 4 games to take the Championship in the 14u division. First game 12-1, second 12-2, third game to get into the championship round 8-1 and the championship game 1-0. My boy pitched the third game to get us into the championship game with a 8-1 win, gave up no walks, numerous strikouts and just some soft hits from the opposing team. Being he pitched the game prior,   he was an EH for the champioship game and went  4 for 4  with 2 singles and 2 doubles and a RBi. He hit a bomb into the gap which rolled to the fence at 335', the hit brought in the man on second to win the game. That was the only run of the game for both teams, was a great game by both teams all around.

Edited by NYBowhunter
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Atta boy!!! Isn’t that the tourney that gives our MVP vouchers (bag tags I think) which act as an invitation to a national event?

Not sure id have to bring it up at practice tomorrow. 

Son played again today. Lost in a matter of a few innings, other team was much better, he got up to bat just twice, first pitcher was throwing gas and was striking out our kids like clock work, my son got a base hit off him (only one other kid got a hit off him). 2nd at bat was a 4 pitch walk. He has games Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 2 sat and 2 Sunday.

28 minutes ago, zag said:

Son played again today. Lost in a matter of a few innings, other team was much better, he got up to bat just twice, first pitcher was throwing gas and was striking out our kids like clock work, my son got a base hit off him (only one other kid got a hit off him). 2nd at bat was a 4 pitch walk. He has games Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 2 sat and 2 Sunday.

Wow. Thats alot of ball, enjoy.

• Like 1

Son won tonight, crushed over the fence just foul damn it. Had 2 hits and 2 strike out, 2nd strike out looked way low and outside, a parent came over and said they probably called a strike because his team was up double digits at that point. Still I told him he can't watch strike 3, he better be swinging.

• Like 2

Son won tonight, crushed over the fence just foul damn it. Had 2 hits and 2 strike out, 2nd strike out looked way low and outside, a parent came over and said they probably called a strike because his team was up double digits at that point. Still I told him he can't watch strike 3, he better be swinging.

The strike zone certainly expands in a blowout, I tell the girls if you can put a bat on it do it, don't let the ump decide your fate

Rained out yesterday without a drop of rain ever appearing! Great job weatherman! Now they are slated to play today, Thursday, Friday, Monday Tuesday for school. Thankfully their travel team is off this weekend

8 hours ago, zag said:

I hate when umps open up the strike zone, it does absolutely nothing to help these kids progress  in the game. The only thing that does is confuse them and to teach them to  swing at pitches they have no reason swinging at. I understand the protect on a 2 strike count, but some of these umps are blatantly outside the zone. Trust me when i say that some of the calls dont get better as the kids age, i saw a few calls on strikes this past weekend where the ball was biting the kids ankle, how can any kid swing at that. The only thing i can say is that atleast the ump was consistent with both sides...lol