Youth baseball thread

Zag

Good win for school team tonight for the boys (one caught the other played SS-yikes!). The SS is not so fleet of foot so usually plays 1st or 3rd but made a bunch of good plays. Other one threw out a runner from behind the dish and made great play on a could ball straight backs and up to end the game.
SS went 2-3. His only out was a deep fly ball to CF with his best shot over the CF head on next at bat!
Catcher was 2-3 line drives to left. Popped out on a hit and run-boo!!!
One more school game tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Coach just added up everything.

We have scored 192 runs

Only allowed 1 earned run!

23 total runs against.

And we have 1 more game to go!!!

Little uneven teams I'd say!

• Like 1

Coach just added up everything.
We have scored 192 runs
Only allowed 1 earned run!
23 total runs against.
And we have 1 more game to go!!!

So 22 unearned runs? That’s a ton of errors, no?

9 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So 22 unearned runs? That’s a ton of errors, no?

Must be you haven't ever watched a little league game, kinda painful with errors.

Must be you haven't ever watched a little league game, kinda painful with errors.

In how many games? I played little league my whole childhood. Maybe a couple errors per game at most.

59 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

In how many games? I played little league my whole childhood. Maybe a couple errors per game at most.

We have played 14 games this season. You get over throws, missing the catcher by a mile. When we get up enough we move people around so alot of this happens later in the game when we have kids out of thier comfort zone. Gotta learn all the positions.

• Like 1

We have played 14 games this season. You get over throws, missing the catcher by a mile. When we get up enough we move people around so alot of this happens later in the game when we have kids out of thier comfort zone. Gotta learn all the positions.

Oh ok. 22 in 14 isn’t too bad. I thought you played a lot less

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Here is a typical situation when they are little, bases loaded and the batter hits a pop fly to right field, kid drops it (error) then over throws the first baseman (error) the catcher grabs the ball and proceeds to throw to third to catch the base runner and the 3rd baseman doesn't catch it (error) kid runs for home and scores an in the park hr. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zag said:

Here is a typical situation when they are little, bases loaded and the batter hits a pop fly to right field, kid drops it (error) then over throws the first baseman (error) the catcher grabs the ball and proceeds to throw to third to catch the base runner and the 3rd baseman doesn't catch it (error) kid runs for home and scores an in the park hr. 

I've seen my share of those plays when the boys were younger. Seems like once they get to 13 years old, and into Babe Ruth baseball, the skill of players goes way up from there. But those TBall games sure were fun!

Not a homerun

Always a roll of the dice with pitching- we had one dad who loved to scout other teams through GameChanger and/or tournament play. If we came across a weaker hitting team one of my kids would get them since he was a consistent strike thrower- not overpowering but would always eat innings with few pitches. He ended up being a huge contributor for tourney wins due to low pitch count against weaker opponents.

How great is GameChanger??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 game down 1 to go. 1 st game was perfect. Won 7-1, and didnt have to use our best pitcher. Now we get to relax a little and eat some food and warm up.
And try and get some fishing in lol.
20190602_130055.thumb.jpg.dcb6db805970fea142f308fff79fd8ff.jpg

My daughters team played the Perry softball tourny the past two years I know that pond lol

• Like 1

My “crew” kid had a great day for the school team- couple big RBI’s on a well placed line drive between 1st and 2nd. Caught 4 innings(of his brother pitching-4 innings, 2 runs 1 earned-sort of- 4 k’s) and threw out another runner.
Up two relief pitcher walked bases loaded after getting through previous inning and two out of the last inning. Totally just lost the zone.
My kid stripped the catcher gear, warmed up threw 1 pitch and the kid popped out to center. Game over...school season over!

• Like 1

Monday was the start of playoffs for the rec league, although it was close for a few innings, son's team had a 2 out rally to take the lead. I think they won by 9, son played well. Tonight is a rain out, so tomorrow is round 2. Have games now tomorrow, fri, 1 or 2 Saturday and a game Sunday.

50 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

School ball banquet last night, Emma got the Gold Glove! Not too shabby at the plate either, a smooth .500! d9fe584d92e24364ba91bb8968e76398.jpgf2aae4997cf45165016251338e458f3b.jpg

That's awesome congrats to her. That's awesome they keep the stats, stats are never mentioned with my son's baseball, maybe to young still.

• Thanks 1

Her travel coach keeps the stats hidden, he doesnt want to hear a word from parents. But if he does he busts them out quick in rebuttal lol

Kids don’t keep their own? I always went home and wrote mine day after each game.

Won tonight's playoff game, son pitched 1 inning and did well, got a hit on every at bat, hit one to the fence in cf, I thought it was a goner. Travel game tomorrow, round 3 of the playoffs sat am.

• Like 2