Youth baseball thread

Zag

Split today at a New Windsor tournament. Lost to a team we should have beat and beat a team that mercied the previous team. Gave up too many runs to advance tot he championship round but made the sliver bracket so we go again tomorrow.
Triple play AGAINST US today as one of the biggest bogus calls EVER I’m not even sure I can fully explain it but will try-
1st & 2nd deep fly ball to left caught - kid tagging from second. Ball dropped “on transfer” could have been a drop Both kids advance. Home plate ump calls batter out and runners safe on 2nd and 3rd. Other ump comes in and says the runner on first didn’t touch back to first and calls him out (right call). So it is 2 out man on 3rd- pitcher steps off and throws to second to appeal that kid left early and field ump calls him out too!

We also had two kids thrown out at first from the outfield (rf and cf-kid had a flame thrower) in the same inning.

Both in the game we WON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had an awesome day today, we won our first game and then beat the #2 seed, an elite team that definitely was not used to going home without hardware! Lost the third game to the 1 seed. We were the only 14U team and finished 4th out of 20 teams. My daughter caught a foul tip inside her knee yesterday and couldn’t crouch anymore so she played CF and 1b. This morning she got back behind the plate and caught a wild pitch in the exact same spot! Back to CF for the remainder of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Split today at a New Windsor tournament. Lost to a team we should have beat and beat a team that mercied the previous team. Gave up too many runs to advance tot he championship round but made the sliver bracket so we go again tomorrow.
Triple play AGAINST US today as one of the biggest bogus calls EVER I’m not even sure I can fully explain it but will try-
1st & 2nd deep fly ball to left caught - kid tagging from second. Ball dropped “on transfer” could have been a drop Both kids advance. Home plate ump calls batter out and runners safe on 2nd and 3rd. Other ump comes in and says the runner on first didn’t touch back to first and calls him out (right call). So it is 2 out man on 3rd- pitcher steps off and throws to second to appeal that kid left early and field ump calls him out too!

We also had two kids thrown out at first from the outfield (rf and cf-kid had a flame thrower) in the same inning.

Both in the game we WON!

The dreaded 9-3 lol

31 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We had an awesome day today, we won our first game and then beat the #2 seed, an elite team that definitely was not used to going home without hardware! Lost the third game to the 1 seed. We were the only 14U team and finished 4th out of 20 teams. My daughter caught a foul tip inside her knee yesterday and couldn’t crouch anymore so she played CF and 1b. This morning she got back behind the plate and caught a wild pitch in the exact same spot! Back to CF for the remainder of the day

We're you still playing in Webster?

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Yes, the rain stayed just south all night and today the fields were in great shape

I got a great video of Emma going yardy yesterday 691d3275f0db283aec2bdf0eb51ae5e1.jpg Usually when I video it doesn’t go well lol

Yeah it seemed like the rain stayed just south of the Thruway. It didn't stop raining here till like 5 pm. When we called to cancel the game the league cord was shocked we were calling it.

• Like 1

Won our 2nd game of the tourney 7-6 in extra innings. Came back from a 6-1 deficit. It was good for this team to finally get down, they needed a few motivational speeches to get thier heads up but they came through in the end. Unfortunately we had to use our stud pitcher for the majority of the game so he cant pitch tomorrow for the championship. Next man up!

• Like 2

Well, I hate to say it, It doesnt make me proud but we gave an ultimatum. We let Cole quit Babe Ruth since it was a horrible team. He as to pay us back for the deposit, and the uniform. And also, start working since he is 13 now. Yesterday he started working with a local surveyor. Put in his first 5 hrs after his last exam for the year. And he seems to love it. Said he was excited and wanted to work anyways. 

But I wa sin his shoes at 13 and decided to start working when i was 10 for my grandfather. A decision I wish i could have changed looking back now. I wish I had done sports more and not worried about working so much until I really had to. Granted i was buying my own things when friends needed mommy and daddy money. but Growing up too fast isnt fun, kid sneed to enjoy being kids at a responsible rate before they are stuck in our shoes for several decades lol.. 

Anywho, he gave us a good deposit for what he owes.. and we will see how he likes this work thing as time rolls on.. I will sya he is a responsible, hard working, well mannered young man when he is not around his friends..  

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 1

2nd to last game for the mcbr team. They won easily tonight, son pitched a solid 3 innings giving up 1 hit, 3 walks and no runs. At the plate he walked lined out and hit the top of the damn fence. Poor kids had I bet 5 balls that were almost over this season. Last games tomorrow against a much better team than us, hopefully they can make it close. 

• Like 1

As expected we lost last night, kids did pretty well and the game went further than I thought, son played well. I guess there are playoffs at some point but I'm happy it's about over and can focus on the tourney team for the summer. His team had some interesting personalitys that made the last part of the season super annoying to watch.

• Like 1

I’m sidelined today but boys are at a tourney- one pitched a solid 5.3 innings..2 runs(1 earned)-in a solid 9-2 win. Big time bases loaded double play ball in the 5th was a game changer.
Other son caught all 7 and went 1-3 with a tack on RBI stand up double to right center that made it to the wall.

Game 2 at 4:30...then I get Sunday’s final pool play game and hopefully the 5:30 Chip Game (if they are there!)

Lost game 2 6-4...couldn’t get the big hit at the right time and the reliever gave up too many walks.

1:00 game tomorrow be the 2-0 team in their pool. If they win there will be three teams at 2-1 and it comes down to runs allowed. Too 2 play for the Chip so we would most likely play the same team twice if we win. Odd tournament format since there are two other brackets doing the same thing.

• Like 2

Well lost the last 2 games, 1 of those by lousy coaching. Son finished 4 in batting avg. He had the highest obp, so not to bad. This team is done so now he moves on to his travel team and will be at a tourney all weekend in Grand island.

ff998160eac42b4d0772311c0632648f.jpg&key=867419250d50236222840826b5c85e67c0836483c329168446d14e5f87a8d44c

1 of 2 today then stupidly they have 1 sat and 1 Sunday with a chip game Monday (if needed)

They’ve been taking that picture since 10u- comparison should be interesting and while they hate me now for it, one day they MAY appreciate it!!

• Like 1