Youth baseball thread

Zag

Am I the only one with a kid still playing baseball?? We had a weekend off until one of his previous coaches called asking if he fill in for a team who is down 2 players for Saturday, so no days off.

Still going but a little down on their program-still very few practices although they had a cool few days playing at Wagner college with the college players and coaches working with the positions as the game was going- a very live managed scrimmage type format.
We’re supposed to have two double headers (sat/sun) STUPID! But one team cancelled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My daughters just ended. Semi finals of the playoffs. Lost 2-0. They could get the bats going and in 10U that’s huge. We will probably stop by tomorrow night to watch the championship game under the lights for a bit.

• Like 1

My daughters just ended. Semi finals of the playoffs. Lost 2-0. They could get the bats going and in 10U that’s huge. We will probably stop by tomorrow night to watch the championship game under the lights for a bit.

10U is all about base running, a good coach should turn every walk or single into a triple within a couple pitches. Straight steals, delayed steals, passed balls etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10U is all about base running, a good coach should turn every walk or single into a triple within a couple pitches. Straight steals, delayed steals, passed balls etc

None of that is allowed in their league. 1 hit = 1st base. No stealing. No walks. A fly ball into the outfield = 2nd base.

It’s 10U but it’s the first step up from T-ball for the girls

• Like 1

Back to the fields for two games today, I'm hoping we win both. As you tournament vets know, the most important part of all of this is not that the girls have fun, not sportsmanship, not camaraderie or any of that nonsense. Its that they get a low seed so you dont have to get there early Sunday!!

• Like 2

We were just in a 4-4 game, top six they’ve got second and third, no outs. Hard ground ball to second so she comes home. My daughter makes the tag and then throws to third they get the out there. Huge celebration everyone including the umpires walk off. Unfortunately that’s only two outs and the third base coach brings the batter all the way around from first for the go ahead ultimately winning run lol. Gotta love youth sports

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We were just in a 4-4 game, top six they’ve got second and third, no outs. Hard ground ball to second so she comes home. My daughter makes the tag and then throws to third they get the out there. Huge celebration everyone including the umpires walk off. Unfortunately that’s only two outs and the third base coach brings the batter all the way around from first for the go ahead ultimately winning run lol. Gotta love youth sports

Yikes! You guys got a new coach?

Back to the fields for two games today, I'm hoping we win both. As you tournament vets know, the most important part of all of this is not that the girls have fun, not sportsmanship, not camaraderie or any of that nonsense. Its that they get a low seed so you dont have to get there early Sunday!!

Guess why I’m up...

• Like 1

Nothing like a heat advisory for whole area and the boys slated to play two on Saturday 1:00 and 3:15. It’s a tourney so no shot of it being cancelled/postponed. The health of the kids is irrelevant to these organizations who need to cash in.
Gonna be tough for each of them...ones pitching game 1 to the other who will
probably catch both.
For all those whose kids are playing this weekend they need to start hydrating today and tomorrow. Drinking a lot on Saturday is “too late.”

• Like 1

Nothing like a heat advisory for whole area and the boys slated to play two on Saturday 1:00 and 3:15. It’s a tourney so no shot of it being cancelled/postponed. The health of the kids is irrelevant to these organizations who need to cash in.
Gonna be tough for each of them...ones pitching game 1 to the other who will
probably catch both.
For all those whose kids are playing this weekend they need to start hydrating today and tomorrow. Drinking a lot on Saturday is “too late.”

Wet wash clothes in coolers of ice. Throw them on the neck between innings. It works wonders

• Like 1

We are in Pittsburgh for a tournament, three games
Tomorrow. I texted the coaches to be sure Emma wasn’t catching three games in a row as usual and to their credit they were way ahead of it. We play at 12:00, 1:30, and 4:30 right in the teeth of the heat she will sit the middle game. Maybe EH

• Like 1