Youth baseball thread

Zag

49 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Pitchers and catcher in 30+ daysfor MLB....my kid started Monday and is going 4 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben's 2 days of practice then a 3rd day is a workout, plus were full swing basketball, never a full moment! Deff excited for some baseball!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

What a tough spring it’s been for these kids. My son(freshman) was all slated to start his first Varsity season as he had a killer winter making so many positive gains in strength, pitching and bat. And now even the summer is questionable- how comfortable are you about letting yourself kids get back to baseball- close quarters in dugouts, no separation between batters/catchers, runners/fielders, same ball with everyone licking their hands and spitting seeds.
Thankfully he has stayed motivated with the hitting in the backyard but his throwing/pitching has been minimal especially since his twin brother “hung up the catchers gear” for crew paddles.

Ouch.....I feel for him. My boys are only young and really are missing not having a season. The funniest part is my 6 year old was really pumped I was going to be the coach cause he wanted to have the team bat and helmet bag be at our house.....not sure if that will ever happen again with all the new procedures that will be put in place for years to come.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My daughter was a 10th grader this year was very bummed about losing her softball season. She had played on varsity Last year she was the starting pitcher but got injured about halfway through the season And could not finish and her team ended up 18 -2. They were ranked in the state and had four juniors that became seniors this year that were studs they would’ve likely won their section and done pretty well and states.  Coming from a small school they won’t have a team like this again for a while the seniors were crushed.  I feel really bad for everybody baseball lacrosse softball track so many spring athletes lost out and will never get that back and that sucks.  Now she plays on a travel team and we’ve had our first two tournaments canceled so hoping summer has some baseball softball sports for the kids in and college athletes to they’ve worked so hard hopefully things will change improve so that some ball can be played this summer. 

My daughter was a 10th grader this year was very bummed about losing her softball season. She had played on varsity Last year she was the starting pitcher but got injured about halfway through the season And could not finish and her team ended up 18 -2. They were ranked in the state and had four juniors that became seniors this year that were studs they would’ve likely won their section and done pretty well and states.  Coming from a small school they won’t have a team like this again for a while the seniors were crushed.  I feel really bad for everybody baseball lacrosse softball track so many spring athletes lost out and will never get that back and that sucks.  Now she plays on a travel team and we’ve had our first two tournaments canceled so hoping summer has some baseball softball sports for the kids in and college athletes to they’ve worked so hard hopefully things will change improve so that some ball can be played this summer. 

Clarence has two D1 pitchers leaving, like you said that wont happen again soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have seen them both they’re fantastic didn’t one go to another school this year though a bigger school.  I think one is younger 

I remember playing at the Cayuga gamblers fields When my daughter was 10 against those Clarence girls they were good then.  Some real strong teams come out of Clarence 

• Like 1

Clarence has two D1 pitchers leaving, like you said that wont happen again soon

It can actually, but not at the same school. I grew up with a kid who was a solid HS QB but was blocked by someone better. So they moved a town over and held him back a grade so he was a grade below. Graduated at 19 and lit it up

I’m wondering if you’re going to see that next year with so many kids that work so hard I didn’t get to play I’m wondering if some parents may hold them back just to get their senior year Spring sports in you may see quite a few 19-year-olds next year that are seniors. Personally I don’t think it makes sense but I know there’s some parents out there that would do that

I’m wondering if you’re going to see that next year with so many kids that work so hard I didn’t get to play I’m wondering if some parents may hold them back just to get their senior year Spring sports in you may see quite a few 19-year-olds next year that are seniors. Personally I don’t think it makes sense but I know there’s some parents out there that would do that
High school isn't like college....don't think you have the option of just asking to repeat any of the grade levels. Most schools are on the plan....... if you were passing before the shutdown you pass the remainder of the year.
I guess you could go to a prep school instead of heading off to college.

It will definitely happen in college but you’re probably right it shouldn’t happen that much in high school but with the pandemic somebody probably will try and test that hopefully it doesn’t happen 

I have seen them both they’re fantastic didn’t one go to another school this year though a bigger school.  I think one is younger 
 I remember playing at the Cayuga gamblers fields When my daughter was 10 against those Clarence girls they were good then.  Some real strong teams come out of Clarence 

How old is your daughter now? Maybe our kids played together mine is turning 16 in a few weeks

All NCAA divisions granted spring sport athletes a 5Th year of eligibility. So that group will most likely be back

Some will stay if they are planning on making that sport their life/career by turning pro. However, many use their sport to get them to and through college to move on to bigger and next things...how many D1 softball players are returning for a 5th year?!? How many Harvard Football players are going to return?
Football is probably the one sport that will have holdovers-only sport without a “minor leagues”

Some will stay if they are planning on making that sport their life/career by turning pro. However, many use their sport to get them to and through college to move on to bigger and next things...how many D1 softball players are returning for a 5th year?!? How many Harvard Football players are going to return?
Football is probably the one sport that will have holdovers-only sport without a “minor leagues”

They can leave or stay at the school and work on their masters.....I bet a great softball player who wants to play he final year of eligibility will be welcomed back to her school or another that she is taking grad classes at.

They can leave or stay at the school and work on their masters.....I bet a great softball player who wants to play he final year of eligibility will be welcomed back to her school or another that she is taking grad classes at.

I’m sure the schools would want them to stay, which sux yet again for the incoming freshman (lost their spring/summer)who has been promised that scholarship/spot that was to be vacated.

@The Real TCIII My daughter turned 16 in March she is bumming because she can’t get her drivers permit and start practice driving. When she was 10 she played for battery lightning out of Rochester we spent the whole summer in the Buffalo area she throws left And bats right.  I would guess our daughters probably played against each other at some point if your daughter was on the Clarence Red Devils or the Lou Gehrig lasers Amherst lightening There were a few others I can’t remember them all it was fun I hope we get some games in this summer so far our first two tournaments have been canceled I think were in one in Buffalo that first weekend in August if it doesn’t get canceled

• Like 1

Yes will be interesting to see if and how it works out with those fifth year seniors in College this year I’m not sure if there’s rules about the number of players and college teams my guess is there would be and there’s a limited amount of scholarships as well which will probably impact the numbers But it seems like they’re trying to be accommodating to these spring sport athletes who missed out I guess your job can wait for you one more year if you’re that good of an athlete and you want your chance but if you don’t get a scholarship for that fifth year and have to pay for it yourself that could cause hardship for some. Time will tell. 

I’m pretty sure I remember your daughter I showed a picture to my wife and she said she remembered her too small world  

Is 716 still going I heard they were the elite Buffalo team for a while they had a big tall girl who threw fIre was she one of those Clarence pitchers? 

my Kira is playing for couple of teams out of Rochester if we can play this summer 

• Like 1