Youth baseball thread

Zag

We were told we couldn’t leave our region so we have to stay in western NY. We were supposed to go to Oswego on the 9th but switched to a tournament in Olean instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No one knows anything!!!! We had a PA tourney cancelled this weekend but a NY tournament the weekend prior played (our program pulled out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one knows anything!!!! We had a PA tourney cancelled this weekend but a NY tournament the weekend prior played (our program pulled out).

We are worried about the insurance so we are doing what the good governor says

56 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We are worried about the insurance so we are doing what the good governor says

What’s the issue with insurance?? I’ve heard that before but it’s never made since to me as other teams are playing out of town/state. Our local little league is firing up in 2 weeks. We are supposed to travel to buffalo this coming weekend for a tournament but haven’t heard if we’re allowed to come. 

• Like 1

I don't think any teams are even allowed to practice yet in the Buffalo. I was talking with a neighbor who coaches his sons travel team and and was told by the town of Hamburg he could start practicing last week.....then Cuomo released the timetable and stuff isn't allowed to start until 7/6.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Zag said:

What’s the issue with insurance?? I’ve heard that before but it’s never made since to me as other teams are playing out of town/state. Our local little league is firing up in 2 weeks. We are supposed to travel to buffalo this coming weekend for a tournament but haven’t heard if we’re allowed to come. 

We are worried that because the state said stay in your region and we dont and someone gets hurt they wont cover us

Edited by The_Real_TCIII

NY tournaments have been played for the past two-three weekends in Chester, NY. My kid’s program backed out all their teams that were supposed to go. He played an inter-squad scrimmage Saturday and has another Thursday.

• Like 1

We were suppose to play in Amherst in 2 weeks but it got cancelled yesterday. Are league nights were cancelled too.  Pa is wide open they have been playing here since May from what parents from other teams are saying.  

We were suppose to play in Amherst in 2 weeks but it got cancelled yesterday. Are league nights were cancelled too.  Pa is wide open they have been playing here since May from what parents from other teams are saying.  

What was cancelled? We start league this week

We were supposed to go to Oneida and I heard that’s cancelled. We are scheduled for Olean next weekend we will see how that goes. My neighbors kid played in Pittsburgh this weekend and immediately cancelled the rest of their away tournaments. They decided with all the restrictions it’s just no fun

We are heading down to Scranton this weekend for the boy’s first event.
Supposedly there’s a huge softball event down there as well since hotels were hard to come by. Mrs Crappy did lock up a room but we are none to happy about staying in crowded hotels with people from numerous states.
Game times are kind on Saturday(12:00 & 2:00) and Sunday (10:00 and 2 if they make it). Mrs will be Making the 2+ hour drive each way Sat and I will do Sunday.

• Like 2

We are en route to Rochester for doubleheader tonight.  We are in the Scranton tournament and staying hotel.  We mask up in the hotel and do takeout and sit by ourselves at games   Oh use stairs and avoid elevators Kids are made to socially distance best they can coaches too.  Wash hands w sanitizer everywhere so far so good but there is stlll some risk but yes it’s great to see your kids enjoying the summer game we love.  If anything for 2 hrs it’s seems like old times pre pandemic then back to this crazy batshit world 

• Like 1