Youth baseball thread

Zag

We are en route to Rochester for doubleheader tonight.  We are in the Scranton tournament and staying hotel.  We mask up in the hotel and do takeout and sit by ourselves at games   Oh use stairs and avoid elevators Kids are made to socially distance best they can coaches too.  Wash hands w sanitizer everywhere so far so good but there is stlll some risk but yes it’s great to see your kids enjoying the summer game we love.  If anything for 2 hrs it’s seems like old times pre pandemic then back to this crazy batshit world 

Yeah man...maybe we’ll catch a socially distant beer between games. I think I have the Sunday shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Lomax said:

We are en route to Rochester for doubleheader tonight.  We are in the Scranton tournament and staying hotel.  We mask up in the hotel and do takeout and sit by ourselves at games   Oh use stairs and avoid elevators Kids are made to socially distance best they can coaches too.  Wash hands w sanitizer everywhere so far so good but there is stlll some risk but yes it’s great to see your kids enjoying the summer game we love.  If anything for 2 hrs it’s seems like old times pre pandemic then back to this crazy batshit world 

Where at in roch?

4 minutes ago, Zag said:

Ha were in Penfield too just a different park! I’m drinking a pre game beer in the truck as we speak!!

Haha we are usually at Spring Lake Park but some other teams are there tonight I like that park no shade here at this one it’s a hot one good night for a road soda   Good luck 

• Like 1

They won 6-1 tonight, only run allowed was on a line drive single that got by my child in center and ran for miles on the concrete outfield lol. But she was 1-2 with a walk. Good start to the season! It was AMAZING seeing four fields going at once, packed parking lot and fans everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

We won tonight 7 to 5 which is amazing because we were down five to nothing for five innings then exploded for five and tied them and then eventually beat them in the heat it was a good game for both sites my daughter went O-fer 3 w a walk and run scored and she pitched the last inning in relief.  We only played one game but it was good

• Like 3

8-7 nail biter win last night, 2-0 to start the season. Look at these tough chicks lolac6e1d802c7f87f4c363a9129f060ac5.jpg&key=69da96ae0f966a26771ffc495092dc700cc873986cee8be56c460678cd49f25c

I actually think that pic is awesome. Only 1 disappointment- no eye black! I loved wearing eye black. Even for night games I wore it!

• Like 4

I actually think that pic is awesome. Only 1 disappointment- no eye black! I loved wearing eye black. Even for night games I wore it!

Nope! No eye black, no tape on the wrists, no bandannas, no rib protectors or extra pads(football)....it’s not a beauty contest. Just play!

Eye black for Monday?

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Nope! No eye black, no tape on the wrists, no bandannas, no rib protectors or extra pads(football)....it’s not a beauty contest. Just play!

Eye black for Monday?

haha, i'm sure i can dig it up. i haven't worn eye black since my Men's softball leagues when i was playing 3-4 leagues 6-7 nights a week.

We HAD a great schedule lined up(12 & 2 Sat and 10 (maybe 2:00) Sun)..
Rain HOSED us. Now it’s 1 game Saturday at 10:00 and 2 on Sunday(maybe 3) starting at 8:00am in Scranton. The hotel room we we just GAVE BACK is no longer available.
5:00am departure Sunday!

We have 2 games in Scranton tomorrow and one on Sunday.  

Anywhere near Rock street, Hughestown, PA on Sunday? That’s my day. Mama Crappy doing the Saturday game and probably some “The Office” eating (Alfredo’s pizza cafe and Poor Richards)

Anyone else find travel teams refreshing vs playing on a local town team with a parent coaching? Local teams you might get a good coach or bad one who can’t put together a good line up and their kids always the best?

I love our travel team because there’s no favorites it’s all about development and winning games and there is no biased line ups! 

• Like 1

Yeah Zag lots of Daddyball coaches out there we have learned to avoid them.  We looked for and found former college players who still love the game and who have lived the life of playing at highest levels are the most experienced most important w no daughter on the team.   Then they care about all improving instead of just their own kid especially on the local level but in travel ball too. 

• Like 1